• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 5/17/2017 at 8:12 PM, StTroy said:

I would say actions speak louder than tattoos.  :D

:thumbsup:

But you go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,' for I came not to call the righteous, but sinners." Matthew 9:13 (New Heart English Bible)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Hey Fresno, remember the song that most churches "used" to sing? There's a new name written down in glory and it's mine......His Name He shall write on our foreheads. Now that's the Name and only Name/mark/tattoo I ever want on my skin.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/17/2017 at 9:12 PM, StTroy said:

I would say actions speak louder than tattoos.  :D

Amen! 

I like tattoo's on other people. I'm a fan of art so maybe that is why. However, as pertains to the question of getting one myself, not a chance. My personal view is, I'm already glorifying God being I'm made in his image and likeness. As are we all. Magnificent one of a kind limited edition masters pieces giving evidence of his divine presence, power, and authority over all that is, was, or shall be, forever and ever. Amen. 

I am sealed with my Father's Holy Spirit on the inside, and that sacred spirit is in relationship with me so that I am always with my Father in all things, in all ways, because all that is is of my Father and is in its eternal essence part of my father. Being He created all things from Himself. 

And having that Holy and Sacred Spirit inside me, as His word says, I am a temple of the divine, I think a tattoo on my flesh would be like adding graffiti to a church. 

If I tattooed my arm thinking I glorify my Father, how would I deliver that message of glory to others and hope it delivers a message to them to heed that spirit voice inside themselves that calls them to repentance if it is winter and I'm clad in a sweater? 

I'd rather live the testimony and have that glorify my father as I act as best as I am able to make him proud of his daughter. And demonstrate through my life what the living God and Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit within can do to and for a life. Live the example the gospel is truth. Because inked images and slogans on flesh fades away but the eternal Word never does. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 5/26/2017 at 0:40 PM, Littlelambseativy said:

Hey Fresno, remember the song that most churches "used" to sing? There's a new name written down in glory and it's mine......His Name He shall write on our foreheads. Now that's the Name and only Name/mark/tattoo I ever want on my skin.

:emot-heartbeat:

The Greatest "Tattoo" Artist Who Ever Lived

And the nations shall see thy triumph, And all kings thy glory; And thou shalt be called by a new name, Which the mouth of the LORD shall mark out. Isaiah 62:2 (JPS Tanakh 1917)

Is The LORD God Almighty

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6 (English Standard Version)

And His Name Is Jesus

"Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches. To everyone who is victorious I will give some of the manna that has been hidden away in heaven. And I will give to each one a white stone, and on the stone will be engraved a new name that no one understands except the one who receives it. Revelation 2:17 (New Living Translation)

And This Name

The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name. Revelation 3:12 (New International Version)

Is Written In Holy Blood

For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that their bodies are clean, how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God, purify ourb consciences from works of death, so that we may serve the living God!

Therefore Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, now that He has died to redeem them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

In the case of a will, it is necessary to establish the death of the one who made it, because a will does not take effect until the one who made it has died; it cannot be executed while he is still alive.

That is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood. 19For when Moses had proclaimed every commandment of the Law to all the people, he took the blood of calves and goats, along with water, scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people, saying, “This is the blood of the covenant, which God has commanded you to keep.”

In the same way, he sprinkled with blood the tabernacle and all the vessels used in worship. 2According to the Law, in fact, nearly everything must be purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

So it was necessary for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24For Christ did not enter a man-made copy of the true sanctuary, but He entered heaven itself, now to appear on our behalf in the presence of God.

Nor did He enter heaven to offer Himself again and again, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26Otherwise, He would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But now He has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of Himself.

Just as man is appointed to die once, and after that to face judgment, so also Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many; and He will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who eagerly await Him. Hebrews 9:13-28 (Berean Study Bible)

For He Loved Us To The Uttermost

But God commends his own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 (New Heart English Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

John's vision of Jesus Revelation 19:16 (ESV)

16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

I don't much like those tattoo's in the link in the first post. Some are downright ugly. Tattoo's are forever too. 

Unless you can afford the pain of laser removal. 

1 hour ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:
John's vision of Jesus Revelation 19:16 (ESV)

16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

I don't much like those tattoo's in the link in the first post. Some are downright ugly. Tattoo's are forever too. 

Unless you can afford the pain of laser removal. 

I didn't think of that scripture. That's an idea for our member friend too. Not an image but a scripture. 

I agree, the pain of getting a sleeve tattoo like those pictured in the OP is unimaginable to me. I am not a fan of needles in the first place but the likes of what are in a tattoo gun , yikes! 

Welcome again to the forum. Your lamb cracks me up every time I see your posts. I think sheep are cute anyway. 

22 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

I didn't think of that scripture. That's an idea for our member friend too. Not an image but a scripture. 

I agree, the pain of getting a sleeve tattoo like those pictured in the OP is unimaginable to me. I am not a fan of needles in the first place but the likes of what are in a tattoo gun , yikes! 

Welcome again to the forum. Your lamb cracks me up every time I see your posts. I think sheep are cute anyway. 

Thank you. :) Who doesn't love a chuckling sheepers? :laugh: I'm not big on needles either. I've watched shows that are all about tattoos, like "Black Ink". All that blood that comes up while the ink sinks in. Not me. I don't know how they can stand that. I'd want topical numbing agent if I was ever going to go that route. Not that that's likely in this lifetime. 

I saw a guy once with no shirt on walking down the boardwalk at the beach. He had a back piece that was amazing. Brilliant colors. I asked him about it. He said it took a month to finish with his schedule and his pain endurance time that he had to put in in the chair. That's committed beyond the forever part of all those inks on the skin of his back. Hours he spent in the chair each visit. It cost him thousands of dollars. 

Thank you again for the kind welcome. 

You're most welcome baaaaack!:P 

:rofl:

I remembered seeing this thread and wanted to add what I just found in the news. Unbelievable!

Man dies from flesh-eating bacteria after swimming with new tattoo

A 31-year-old man died after he reportedly ignored warnings about swimming after getting a new tattoo and contracted a flesh-eating bacteria infection in the Gulf of Mexico. The unidentified man, whose case was detailed in the British Medical Journal, had gotten a tattoo on his right calf five days prior to swimming, Metro reported.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

Tattoos and cuttings were originally pagan in origin. Even Norse people would tattoo themselves. However, the question comes, if we are not under Law anymore which forbid tattoos, if we obey strictly not taking a tattoo we come under law like circumsion, ""Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. Again I testify to every man who gets himself circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole Law. You who are trying to be justified by the Law have been severed from Christ; you have fallen away from grace," (Galatians 5:2-4).

Piercing your ears and wearing ears in Jesus' days was only done by Harlots and Prostitutes, but now it is normal for any woman to pierce here ears. We need to discern between unchangeable instructions from God "Do not steal," and "Love the Lord Your God," and cultural ones like sending women out of the city for their minstrel cycle and pierced ears.

I personally am not in favor of tattoos for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it can lead to cutting addiction, secondly it is an image you have to live with for life unless you laser it off and so have terrible scar, thirdly with age they fade and on old skin that has rinkles they look bad, and finally I still think it is unwise to do permeant images on your body. That is why we have jewelry, and etc. If you want a tattoo, get a 6 month one that comes off, and see if you can live with it.