• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

John 14:15 If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

Matthew 19:16-19 "And behold, one came to Him and said, "Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?" And He said to him, "Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments." He *said to Him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

John 14:21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me

1 John 2:3 And by this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.

2 John 6 And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it.

Revelation 12:17 who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

Revevelation 14:12 Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.

Fifty Commands of Christ

1 Don't call Jesus Lord when you don't obey Him. Lk 6:46, Mt 7:21. 
2 Build on the rock of obedience to Jesus otherwise you will fall. Mt 7:24-27, Lk 6:47-49. 
3 Worship God alone. Mt 4:10b, Lk 4:8. 
4 Follow Jesus. Mt 4:19, 11:28-30, Mk 1:17, Jn 1:43,12:26, 10:27, 21:22b. 
5 Be salt and light to this world. Mt 5:13-16 Mk 9:50, Lk 11:33, 14:34. Jn 3:21. 
6 Don't call your brother a fool. Mt 5:22, 12:36. 
7 Practice instant reconciliation. Mt 5:24-25. 
8 Do not look with lust at another this is adultery in the heart. Mt 5:27-28. 
9 Do not divorce and marry another, this is adultery. Mt 5:32, 19:9, Mk 10:11-12. 
10 Don't swear an oath. Mt 5:33-37.

11 Do more than expected, go the 2nd mile. Mt 5:38-41. 
12 Give to those that ask. Mt 5:42, Lk 6:30, 38. 
13 Love, bless and pray for your enemies. Mt 5:43-48, Lk 6:27-29. 
14 Quietly do good for God's praise alone. Mt 6:1-4. 
15 When you pray, fast or give do it secretly. Mt 6:5-6. 
16 Don't use vain repetitions when praying. Mt 6:7-8, Mk 12:40. 
17 Pray to God the Father. Mt 6:9, Jn 16:23-24. 
18 Don't be anxious. Mt 6:25-32, Lk 12:22-30, Jn14:1, 16:33. 
19 Store your riches in heaven not on earth. Mt 6:19-21, 33, Lk 12:21, 31-34, Jn 12:25. 
20 Judge not that you may not be judged. Mt 7:1-5, Lk 6:37, 41-42, Jn 7:24. 
21 Keep asking, seeking and knocking. Mt 6:9-11, 7:7-11, Lk 11:9-13. 
22 Treat others as you like to be treated. Mt 7:12, Lk 6:31. 
23 Don't waste time on argumentative people. Mt 7:6. 
24 Forgive others. Mt 6:12, 14-15, 18:21, Mk 11:25-26, Lk 11:9-13. 
25 Let the dead bury their dead. Mt 8:22, Lk 9:6a. 
26 Don't fear people-fear God. Mt 10:28, 16:23, Lk 12:4-5. 
27 Confess Christ before men. Mt 10:32-33, Mk 5:19, 8:38, Lk 9:26, 12:8-9. 
28 Take up your cross. Mt 10:38-39, 16:24-26, Mk 8:34-37, Lk 9:23-26, 14:26-33. 
29 Beware of hypocrisy and greed. Mt 15:6-9, 23:28, Lk 6:41-42, 12:1b, 20:46-47. 
30 Privately rebuke a brother and if he repents forgive him. Mt 18:15, Lk 17:3-4. 
31 Pay your taxes and give to God what is his. Mt 22:21, Mk 12:17, Lk 20:25, 21:4. 
32 Love God and others. Mt 22:37-40, Mk 12:30-31, Lk 10:27, Jn 15:12, 13:34-35. 
33 Keep alert and watch for the 2nd coming. Mt 24:44,46, 50-51, Mk 14:62, Lk 12:35-40, 21:27-28. 
34 Honour God with all that you have been given. Mt 25:14-31, Lk 18:18. 
35 Minister to others as you would to Jesus Himself. Mt 25:34-46. 
36 Preach the Gospel and teach obedience. Mt 28:20, Mk 16:15, Lk 9:60b, Jn 21:15b, 16b, 17b. 
37 Repent of your sins. Mk 1:15, Lk 13:3,5, Lk 15:7,10, 18-24. 
38 Believe in Jesus Mk 16:16, Lk 9:35, Jn 12:36, 6:29, 20:29, 14:6. 
39 Have child like faith. Mk 10:15, Lk 18:17, Mt 9:29. 
40 Don't sell things in God's house. Mk 11:15-17, Jn 2:16. 
41 Rejoice when you are persecuted. Lk 6:22-23. 
42 Don't be distracted from hearing God's Word. Lk 10:38-42. 
43 Act with compassion and not prejudice towards others. Lk 10:30-37. 
44 Invite the poor to eat with you. Lk 14:13-14. 
45 Humble yourself & take the lowest position Lk 14:8-11, 18:13-14, Mt 23:12, 19:30. 
46 You must be born again. Jn 3:3, Jn 3:5-8. 
47 Live in Me and live in My love. Jn 8:31-32, Jn 15:4, 9 
48 Don't covet your bother's blessing Lk 12:13-15, 15:29-30 
49 Be baptised Mt 29:19, Mk 16:16 
50 Strive for perfection Mt 5:48, Jn 15:14

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/468177

I think you may have missed the point I was making. If we have the Holy Spirit within us, we will keep all God's commandments in our heart's. As the Scriptures teach, we don't need to carry the burden, the Mosaic laws, "the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones."

They were called "the ministration of death," because no man could keep them. Jesus did and in doing so He did away with them. We now carry them and obey them because they are written in the flesh of our hearts, through the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Here's a Christian tattoo that in my opinion is a disgrace.

Z 230..jpg

The horns tell me that isn't Christian.  

:crazy: What do you think he suffered in his life that he'd mutilate his first impression to the world that badly? 

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Like I sad, its a disgrace. He thinks it is Joe, not I. The forehead, (cross) heaven, the nose, red fire hell. Their possessed for sure having that done to themselves.

I could show you a woman that is the picture of a demon out of Hell. And she's a practicing attorney! I don't think the rules would let the image post. But if you look for her you'll find her. "pierced vampire attorney". Tattoos, piercings, sub-dermal implants and oral appliances, i.e. fangs. 

There's a new tattoo technique that started in prison. Tattooing the whites of the eyes a solid color. I imagine she'll have that if she hears about it just to complete her look.  

A mother of all things was arrested and made news last month. She and her boyfriend attacked a 90 year old woman in her home. The girl of the duo had that whites of the eyes tattoo. She's a mom and she looks like a demon . http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/haunting-mugshot-mum-tattooed-eyes-10324814

Demons walk among us in flesh I kid you not. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Do tattoos defile a man? Are we not taught that it's what comes out of the heart that defiles?

If a tattoo is going to keep you from loving people then don't get one. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

4 hours ago, HAZARD said:

I think you may have missed the point I was making. If we have the Holy Spirit within us, we will keep all God's commandments in our heart's. As the Scriptures teach, we don't need to carry the burden, the Mosaic laws, "the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones."

They were called "the ministration of death," because no man could keep them. Jesus did and in doing so He did away with them. We now carry them and obey them because they are written in the flesh of our hearts, through the Holy Spirit.

Amen~!

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

The 10 Commandments are the basis for the West's juris prudence are they not? And, those who do not agree with them eventually end before a judge. 

Jesus gave a new Commandment in which all 10 are contained - love the Lord Your God and your neighbor as yourself. 

If you honour your father and mother your life will be long on the earth.

So are they done away? We live with them every day.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Littlelambseativy said:

The 10 Commandments are the basis for the West's juris prudence are they not? And, those who do not agree with them eventually end before a judge. 

Jesus gave a new Commandment in which all 10 are contained - love the Lord Your God and your neighbor as yourself. 

No, they're not done away. They're mistakenly called the Mosaic laws but he was simply there when God's hand carved them out. They are God's laws. 

Written on our hearts or in stone, they are not done away. :) Even Moses adorns in engraving the building that is America's supreme courthouse.  
"In God We Trust", is a vow that appears on the Legislature chamber walls where our lawmakers convene to decide the future of American's under the laws proposed by men. And yet every morning at the start of session in both houses a prayer to God by the chaplain begins the day. 

And yet the atheist activists that threaten government tax payer funded schools if they allow students to pray , or pray at graduation, claim we are not a Christian nation and never were. We do know them by their vitriol. And yet even our declaration of independence from England invokes God. 

The spirit of the ten commands are at the foundation of our jurisprudence and this democracy. 

BRIA 16 4 a The Hebrews and the Foundation of Western Law

CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS FOUNDATION
Bill of Right in Action 
Fall 2000 (16:4) 

Innovations in Law

BRIA 16:4 Home | The Hebrews and the Foundations of Democracy | The Declaration of Independence and Natural Rights |Animal Rights  

The Hebrews and the Foundation of Western Law

The Ten Commandments and many other elements of Hebrew law provided a major source for the development of western legal systems and democracy.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

12 hours ago, Littlelambseativy said:

5 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

No, they're not done away. They're mistakenly called the Mosaic laws but he was simply there when God's hand carved them out. They are God's laws....

The spirit of the ten commands are at the foundation of our jurisprudence and this democracy....

:emot-heartbeat:

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:28 PM, simplejeff said:

Isn't that like saying,   adultery, idolatry, stealing, and murder were wrong before the law was given,  were wrong when the law was given, were wrong after the law was given,  and

now that (someone?) is not under the law any more,  adultery, idolatry,  stealing, and murder are fine and okay,   but just

to make sure,   try adultery, idolatry, stealing, and murder for six month trial period first.... !?! ?!?

This is preposterous, the Apostle Paul and Jesus Christ God speak against these things, "Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people--none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God," (1 Corinthians 6:9-10), and "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." (Revelation 21:8). The difference is that its not a Law we follow, its the Lord Himself, and if you love Him you would never do those things. Jesus Christ revealed the heart of the Law is love, "Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." (Matthew 22:36-41). And yet there are still those that insist they follow the Law like a god, instead of following God and thus fulfilling the Law (Matthew 22:36-41).

As for me, I choose to be under Jesus Christ, not the Law, for Jesus fulfilled the Law (Romans 10:4) and paid for my sins with His Blood and Death (Romans 5:1-12). Those who follow Law are cut off from Christ!, "Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. Again I testify to every man who gets himself circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole Law. You who are trying to be justified by the Law have been severed from Christ; you have fallen away from grace," (Galatians 5:2-4), "But the people's minds were hardened, and to this day whenever the old covenant is being read, the same veil covers their minds so they cannot understand the truth. And this veil can be removed only by believing in Christ. Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their hearts," (2 Corinthians 3:14-15), "For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ," (John 1:17), and "Yet it isn't I who will accuse you before the Father. Moses will accuse you! Yes, Moses, in whom you put your hopes. If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me." (John 5:45-46).

The truth is that people who follow Law are proud, they want to say they can do it, instead of letting God (Jesus Christ Colossians 2:9, Titus 2:13, John 17:20-23) say Its finished.

The Law was given by Moses who sinned and He couldn't even obey God, "So Moses and Aaron left the people and went to the entrance of the Meeting Tent. There they bowed facedown, and the glory of the Lord appeared to them. The Lord said to Moses, “Take your walking stick, and you and your brother Aaron should gather the people. Speak to that rock in front of them so that its water will flow from it. When you bring the water out from that rock, give it to the people and their animals. So Moses took the stick from in front of the Lord, as he had said. 10 Moses and Aaron gathered the people in front of the rock, and Moses said, “Now listen to me, you who turn against God! Do you want us to bring water out of this rock?” 11 Then Moses lifted his hand and hit the rock twice with his stick. Water began pouring out, and the people and their animals drank it. 12 But the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not believe me, and because you did not honor me as holy before the people, you will not lead them into the land I will give them." (Numbers 20:6-12). We Should trust Christ Jesus who is God (Colossians 2:9), who was Perfect and did not sin (1 Peter 2:22, 1 John 3:5, Hebrews 4:15). For Jesus is the God of Israel (Romans 10:9, LORD means Jehovah, God of Israel), and He has Made a New Covenant, we are not under Law of Moses anymore, we are under the Love of Christ! (Matthew 22:36-41 and Galatians 6:2). It was Christ who gave Moses the Law and it didn't work, people couldn't be saved by it, because it wasn't suppose to save, but to show mankind their shame and sin, it was tutor, "Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian until Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith." (Galatians 3:24). We don't need the Guardian/Tutor when we now have Christ the Teacher and Creator (John 1:3, Colossians 1:16) with us (Matthew 23:7-11) and in us (Colossians 1:27, 1 Corinthians 3:16).

I think the most profound extra-biblical statement on this was by Oswald Chambers,

"The gospel of the grace of God awakens an intense longing in human souls and an equally intense resentment, because the truth that it reveals is not palatable or easy to swallow. There is a certain pride in people that causes them to give and give, but to come and accept a gift is another thing. I will give my life to martyrdom; I will dedicate my life to service— I will do anything. But do not humiliate me to the level of the most hell-deserving sinner and tell me that all I have to do is accept the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ." (Utmost For His Highest, November 28th).

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The tattoo question has come up quite a bit. I did not allow my children to get them, and I would not get one myself. It seems to me that clear clean and beautiful skin is very rare indeed that much rather drive to that goal then to have what I consider to be very ugly dark blue/ purplish markings on my skin.

Some of the tattoos that I have seen identify the wearer with certain types of religions or beliefs. ones that I don't agree with so of course I wouldn't have something like that on my skin.

Some of my feelings maybe generational . Tattoos were only worn by criminals bikers and drug addicts when I grew up.

The Bible has some things to say about marking your skin and tattooing yourself as it was a common practice with the Egyptians and other Pagan religions.

the Bible does tell us to come out from among them (meaning the world and its practices),  and be separate which I think we should do

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

There is a certain pride in people

:thumbsup:Not much else to say...........It is the original .oldest spirit in this world ...the one who is the father of lies,the insidious,subtle adversary.....a stronghold

To be Free in Christ is Free Indeed!                                                                           With love-in Christ,Kwik