IGNORED

Do People From Your Church Call You When You Miss?

LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I actually like going. I look forward to going. I find much joy in it. But sometimes I miss a Sunday here and there. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Yes they do check to make sure we are OK and do not need prayer for something.....   I find it refreshing that they care....  but then we are all kind of close to start with.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

24 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I didn't say that, I quoted what our Pastor said in a recent sermon.

But to answer your question, it depends on what your criteria is on a better Christian, or what a better Christian is? I'm in no position to judge anything, much less anyone else's heart about our Lord, I'm the one who is going to be judged one day soon. Knowing myself and my past, I'm the least of 'better Christians' and will be judged and rewarded accordingly to my great detriment. 

Personally speaking for myself, it makes ME a better Christian learning more about the Word of God, not being selfish (as I once was) with the time God has given ME to set aside to worship Him with a congregation and in church. To take advantage of like-minded fellow Christians coming together to worship, learning more of the Lord, singing praises to Him, and gaining strength one from another and comfort from one another in the faith in Jesus Christ our Lord. 

The Bible is loaded with good, better and best Christians... And I'm certainly not one of them.

It absolutely makes a person a better Christian to know who God is and that is by studying His word. It also makes a person a better Christian to pray about everything in their life.By letting the Holy Spirit guide us in every breath that we take and every step that we take and knowing what God wants from us as His children. It also makes a person a better Christian to make God number one in their life over anything else on this earth. But attending a Church three times a day? What happens if a person can not attend a Church due to a number of reasons? But I am glad for those who have found the Church and the fellowship where they are happy.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

It does not happen often and I am there more Sunday's then I miss. But some Sundays it does happen. Much more in the winter when it is cold then in the warmer months. And I have told them that I do much better when it is warmer. 

No worries. I was just and some fuel for thought. That was all 

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Some people think that you are going to hell in a hand basket if you do not attend Church. That is not the case. If a person has a comfortable Church where they attend that is great but that is not the case with everyone. A person can get together with a fellow Christian and pray and share Scripture.

Matthew 18:20  For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

Well I for one am not one of those people. As a matter of fact I have to work on Sundays. Do try and make it a point to be in church when I can but there are times I am not able to be there. But I do know we need to fellowship with other believers if at all possible.

8 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Well I for one am not one of those people. As a matter of fact I have to work on Sundays. Do try and make it a point to be in church when I can but there are times I am not able to be there. But I do know we need to fellowship with other believers if at all possible.

Attending a Church is not a salvation issue. As long as you study your Bible everyday and know God's word. Pray about everything and have a daily relationship with Christ. If I am not happy with the fellowship of a Church then I am better off not attending. I have another Christian who I pray with.

Just now, missmuffet said:

Attending a Church is not a salvation issue. As long as you study your Bible everyday and know God's word. Pray about everything and have a daily relationship with Christ. If I am not happy with the fellowship of a Church then I am better off not attending. I have another Christian who I pray with.

I hope you didn't think that I was saying it was. Attending church has nothing to do with salvation. I was just saying it is good to meet with other Christians regardless of the function. Church is only one way to be with other Christians.

1 minute ago, Jaydog1976 said:

I hope you didn't think that I was saying it was. Attending church has nothing to do with salvation. I was just saying it is good to meet with other Christians regardless of the function. Church is only one way to be with other Christians.

Yes, the social aspect of Church is a very big advantage to many. I have not been impressed with the Christian behavior at some Churches. But that is only my take on it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

when you attend church and been there more than a few times, the brotherly and sisterly love within the body would be felt and shared.  It is part of your family and unless you like to be isolated and just attend church without participating in church things, then your sense of privacy and invasion of it would affect you.  A church family is like  that, they naturally would miss you and care about your well being and would show concern by giving you a courtesy call.  The conversation should be are you ok and would you be coming next sunday, rather than why were you not there.  Iron sharpens iron, and IMO, i would appreciate a call from my fellow believers and a friendly hi, absolutely nothing wrong in that . 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

16 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, the social aspect of Church is a very big advantage to many. I have not been impressed with the Christian behavior at some Churches. But that is only my take on it.

Then perhaps they could benefit from your presence and encouragement! I typically attend church and church functions, more for what I can give, than for what I get! I can worship alone, I can pray alone, I can study alone, but I cannot help others alone nor have fellowship alone, and I suspect, that without a weekly offering opportunity, I might find it to easy to neglect, honoring God with my substance.

Since we are known by our love for each others, and of course do love each other if we are living a Christian life as genuinely as we can, it just makes sense that we want to be with those we love, and for a lot of people, a convenient way to do that, is through church attendance.

Of course, here, I do not mean merely going, listening to a sermon, then going home again. The early church seems to have also been about meeting together daily, and breaking bread, not gathering to here a preacher. It is not an either or propasition, it is a both and one.

To the point of the O.P. I do not know how to answer that, I guess I could miss church more often and find out (though it is hard to call me, since I do not have a phone)!