IGNORED

Exodus: Literal Story AND a Godly example of coming to Christ?

Sight

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

A very simple question.

The story of Exodus..from leaving Egypt, to the wilderness...I believe it is real, BUT...

Is it also a story detailing, as a metaphor, how a person changes from being a worldly flesh being, to a spiritual leader in Christ? That's what I'm getting out of it. (The manna, the pillar of fire and cloud, the ten commandments, etc...)

I'm curious...is there more to Exodus than appears on the surface?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sight

Exodus is prophetic as we see a "re-gathering" of the people of Israel back to the Promised Land .....metaphorical in that we come from the bonndage of sin (slavery)into Freedom in Christ   ........taken from the "world" & into Gods KIngdom.....sure,there is much more than meets the eyes.....thats when the Eyes of our heart are opened by Holy Spirit:emot-heartbeat:                                                                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

Understood. As for the commandments itself, and the tail end of Exodus after Chapter 18...are all those fulfilled by a believer accepting Jesus Christ into their heart? I am studying the initial laws set at the end of Exodus, and while I understand it was an ongoing process of developing a Godly system of law, as a born again believer, I understand that, by the cross, Jesus saved us from the law, and that by living in him, we are guided in the spirit to LIVE the law.

Here's something cool from Exodus:

Exodus 23:20-33 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Conquest of the Land

20 “Behold, I am going to send an angel before you to guard you along the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared. 

21 Be on your guard before him and obey his voice; do not be rebellious toward him, for he will not pardon your transgression, since My name is in him. 

22 But if you truly obey his voice and do all that I say, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries.

23 For My angel will go before you and bring you in to the land of the Amorites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Canaanites, the Hivites and the Jebusites; and I will completely destroy them. 

24 You shall not worship their gods, nor serve them, nor do according to their deeds; but you shall utterly overthrow them and break their sacred pillars in pieces. 

25 But you shall serve the Lord your God, [a]and He will bless your bread and your water; and I will remove sickness from your midst.

26 There shall be no one miscarrying or barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days. 

27 I will send My terror ahead of you, and throw into confusion all the people among whom you come, and I will make all your enemies turn their backs to you. 

28 I will send hornets ahead of you so that they will drive out the Hivites, the Canaanites, and the Hittites before you. 

29 I will not drive them out before you in a single year, that the land may not become desolate and the beasts of the field become too numerous for you. 

30 I will drive them out before you little by little, until you become fruitful and take possession of the land. 

3I will fix your boundary from the [b]Red Sea to the sea of the Philistines, and from the wilderness to the River Euphrates; for I will deliver the inhabitants of the land into your hand, and you will drive them out before you. 

32 You shall [c]make no covenant with them or with their gods. 

33 They shall not live in your land, because they will make you sin against Me; for if you serve their gods, it will surely be a snare to you.”

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

Yes, i see the purposes of God through Christ in the Exodus. The fight with the enemy being the lords, The captivity to sin and task masters, the judgments on the enemy, the blood of the door post of your house protecting you and your house hold. The comsuming of the passover lamb, the freedom to worship, the destuction of the enemy, the facing and fearing the power and rightousness of God. The wondering through the desert led by and provided for being purged of rebellion and worldly strong holds. Facing our enemies with God as we posses the promise. I see very strong shadowing of the christian salvation, deleverance and walk.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sight.....

This is a very interesting topic and can bring about many differing opinions......I do say "opinions" because some have extensive knowledge of the Torah while others may have less......Its very important to understand the difference between the "Law",laws,statutes,ordinances & commands....also the Commandments"....

Yes,we are set FREE from the Law ......but what does that really mean? What "law"?Those of us that are not born of Jewish descent were never "under the law" in the first place,right? So we must first understand what it all means....I found a pretty decent article that addresses the subject briefly,I don't know who wrote it but it is a good little summary of where to begin for a better understanding 

A commandment is an order or charge given us to keep or observe (the 10 commandments, observing His Feast Days and the Sabbath, etc), judgments tell us how to handle situations that arise between His own people, and statutes are the decrees or requirements describing how to live in obedience to Him.  Finally, we did a brief word study of the English word “law” as found in His Word.

Law
Hebrew Word: Towrah or Torah
Strong’s:  H8451 (from H3384)we must 

In the Hebrew, towrah means a special law or codes of law, directions/instruction both human and divine (body of prophetic teaching, body of legal directives, body of priestly direction/instruction), custom or manner, and even the Deuteronomic or Mosaic law.  The word for law can, and contextually should be, understood as being inclusive of commandments, judgments, and statutes given to us by the Creator through Moses.  However, the context will also dictate when the word for “law” is referring to commands or direction from men and not God.  Both uses of the word are correct in different areas of the Bible. 

http://www.119ministries.com/119-blog/commandments-statutes-ordinances-and-judgmentswhats-the-difference/

And the end of Exodus 18th Chapter we see Moses having a talk with his father in law concerning the people coming to him to enquire of God.......Moses father in law gives him good advice,advice that Moses will need good men to help him with this heavy thing to do......OOOPs,I don't want to spoil the story but I think Exodus is basically the history of the deliverance of the Israelites from slavery in Egypt to Moses giving the the people Gods Instructions (Law)to guide them into their Relationship with Him

Sounds very familiar ,doesn't it.......we are delivered by Christ Jesus into Gods Grace(reconcilation) & then with the HELPER to guide us into RELATIONSHIP.....I am sort of thinking out loud here.....What I'm saying is the "Deliverance" is just the beginning......The Relationship is the key to a Life More Abundant,Praise Jesus!

With love-in Christ,kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Sight said:

A very simple question.

The story of Exodus..from leaving Egypt, to the wilderness...I believe it is real, BUT...

Is it also a story detailing, as a metaphor, how a person changes from being a worldly flesh being, to a spiritual leader in Christ? That's what I'm getting out of it. (The manna, the pillar of fire and cloud, the ten commandments, etc...)

I'm curious...is there more to Exodus than appears on the surface?

Did the spiritual leader see the promised lands in the scriptures of the Exodus?