angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Bravo!  The only phrase I sharply disagree with was that the use of contemporary Christian Music is a sign of a degenerating doctrine and message.  Our churches were part of the beginning of the use of contemporary christian music in worship but we have not softened our evangelical fundamentalist beliefs at all.  The Gospel is firmly preached with repentance, abortion clinics are denounced by the high school and college age kids, and evangelism is promoted regularly.  Our college age group has about 50 people attending.  Homosexuality is opposed from the pulpit telling why, as well as how  the drugs and alcohol that are used shortens lives but enables them to live with themselves. Our pastors offer counseling and compassion for gays.  It also supports a Christian based clinic that teaches what is done in an abortion and what the alternatives are, and provides counseling for girls seeking abortion or who have had abortions.  Our sermons cover whole books of the Bible  about 15 verses at a time, studied in detail.  Nothing in the Bible is glossed over or neglected.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, Willa said:

Bravo!  The only phrase I sharply disagree with was that the use of contemporary Christian Music is a sign of a degenerating doctrine and message.  Our churches were part of the beginning of the use of contemporary christian music in worship but we have not softened our evangelical fundamentalist beliefs at all.  The Gospel is firmly preached with repentance, abortion clinics are denounced by the high school and college age kids, and evangelism is promoted regularly.  Our college age group has about 50 people attending.  Homosexuality is opposed from the pulpit telling why, as well as how  the drugs and alcohol that are used shortens lives but enables them to live with themselves. Our pastors offer counseling and compassion for gays.  It also supports a Christian based clinic that teaches what is done in an abortion and what the alternatives are, and provides counseling for girls seeking abortion or who have had abortions.  Our sermons cover whole books of the Bible  about 15 verses at a time, studied in detail.  Nothing in the Bible is glossed over or neglected.  

Willa, we listened today to some good old gospel songs in the car and I was talking with my husband about many songs they sing these days in churches, many songs are just feel good songs , they often don't even mention Jesus or God in it anymore but if so then, to who do we sing?

If many songs are indeed feel good songs ,what would draw people to God?

Music these days is often made into a idol .

I know not all churches are like that ( Thank you Lord) but it is more difficult for younger people to hear the gospel as we did when we were young..

This whole generation is going to grow up with completely different values and morals ,I even see and  hear many Christian compromise with this world :(

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

Very good article,concise and with the points straight at the target.   You go to a typical church in my city and the demographic would be kindergarten, pre-teens,adults from lets say 40 t0 ---.   Teens and young adults are just not there in numbers, very few, and their parents are worried about who they are going to marry.    The Bible has spoken of these times and it is before our very eyes.    What i have witnessed in the spiritual is very revealing too, as very ugly and vile things are taking place for profit and pleasure in the business world.

I think what this article is pointing out too, is, the true state of believers in the nation is not what it actually is.  There are many who are Christians only on paper.   The writer asked the question to the very end, "We must offer sorely needed leadership, but before we can do that, we need to know exactly whom and what we are up against".  Most Christians do no believe the devil can do much manipulation and cause strife, enmity and havoc.   Again, if you have been in spiritual warfare, you would fully understand his wickedness, off course with God's permission.   Is he not the God of this world.

I have recommended a book by Thomas Brooks  titled " precious remedies agains satan devices "  many times, here. Don't know how many have read it, but the contents is some solid advice laid out plain and simple to grip the  reader and Christian to see the schemes of the deceiver and advice's.

by Thomas Brooks (1608 - 1680)
"Lest Satan should get an advantage of us - for we are not
ignorant of his devices" - 2 Corinthians 2:11

The Epistle Dedicatory
A Word to the Reader
Introduction
I. THE PROOF OF THE POINT
II. SATAN'S DEVICES TO DRAW THE SOUL TO SIN [12 devices and their remedies]
1. By presenting the bait and hiding the hook: For remedies, consider that
1) we ought to keep at the greatest distance from sin and from playing with the bait
2) sin is but a bitter sweet
3) sin will usher in the greatest and the saddest losses
4) sin is very deceitful and bewitching

2. By painting sin with virtue's colors: For remedies, consider that

Edited by warrior12
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

Is the link provided at the end of the article to a charismatic website.   I see some articles in there that are ???.   e.g   Clear principles for  prophesying.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

2 hours ago, angels4u said:

Willa, we listened today to some good old gospel songs in the car and I was talking with my husband about many songs they sing these days in churches, many songs are just feel good songs , they often don't even mention Jesus or God in it anymore but if so then, to who do we sing?

If many songs are indeed feel good songs ,what would draw people to God?

Music these days is often made into a idol .

I know not all churches are like that ( Thank you Lord) but it is more difficult for younger people to hear the gospel as we did when we were young..

This whole generation is going to grow up with completely different values and morals ,I even see and  hear many Christian compromise with this world :(

A former pastor would not allow many old time gospel songs to be sung because they had either no scriptural basis or they opposed scripture.  Not all of those were so good either.  I always claim that it is the lyrics that determine whether music is sacred or not.  I have sung hymns by Wesley that did not mention God either but were all about service.  They were dead and so was that church.  Service without God is like filthy rags.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:06 AM, angels4u said:

Can you see these things  happening around you and in which way?

Is your church holding on to the truth ?

The Way, the Truth, and the Life
5“Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?” 6Jesusanswered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.”…

Christians are too afraid to stand up for the truth for fear of being seen as hateful /racist /homophobic/ (fill in the blank) bigots. They would sooner remain silent for fear of offending somebody

People need to quit worrying about what mere men think of them and worry only about what God thinks.

I really hate what is going on today in many churches, those among them who have become gay friendly (churches should only be gay friendly if they gay person is wiling to listen to the truth) or are inviting Muslims to join in with their services allowing them to read their antichrist Koran.

Or what about those churches that allow their churches to be used by Muslims or other religions for their religious services?

Too many out there need a serious spiritual kick in the rear

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 7:06 AM, angels4u said:

Can you see these things  happening around you and in which way?

Is your church holding on to the truth ?

The Way, the Truth, and the Life
5“Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?” 6Jesusanswered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.”…

Very sad. This is a sign of apostasy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

It's very sad , it started with  many countries  letting down morals and laws so people would get used to it, if then entered the churches , now also many evangelical churches, remember awhile ago that Pokoman was even in the church ? (game) no wonder if the children growing up will not know right from wrong , because they learn it this way in school ,its everywhere around them and we can't say anything against it or they would take te children from the home.. :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_rights_in_Canada

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

3 minutes ago, angels4u said:

It's very sad , it started with  many countries  letting down morals and laws so people would get used to it, if then entered the churches , now also many evangelical churches, remember awhile ago that Pokoman was even in the church ? (game) no wonder if the children growing up will not know right from wrong , because they learn it this way in school ,its everywhere around them and we can't say anything against it or they would take te children from the home.. :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_rights_in_Canada

America's apostasy is WORSE than Isreal's apostasy