angels4u

Here's How the New Christian Left Is Twisting the Gospel

6 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

When I clicked on the link I was immediately greeted with a pop-up wanting me to subscribe to Charisma and the cover of the latest issue has Bill Johnson on the it.  That is irony with a capital "I."   An article about Millennials falling away from the true Gospel, in Charisma, and an article about Bill Johnson, one of the people who is making that happen.  Charisma seems to have a split personality.

I have seen such wicked things in the liberal left churches and agenda.    And how some on the right will make mention of it .

Yet I have seen something that would make a full grown man sit and and sigh.  BOTH Sides are finding a bit of unity and more in time, in the all inclusive message.

In time both sides will hail it as the message from God himself , as all religions , all faiths and all peoples line up with its all inclusive big earth family for world peace message.

NOT ME.    May I lie dead and stinking in the soil, long before I buy any concept of it .   

9 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I have seen such wicked things in the liberal left churches and agenda.    And how some on the right will make mention of it .

Yet I have seen something that would make a full grown man sit and and sigh.  BOTH Sides are finding a bit of unity and more in time, in the all inclusive message.

In time both sides will hail it as the message from God himself , as all religions , all faiths and all peoples line up with its all inclusive big earth family for world peace message.

NOT ME.    May I lie dead and stinking in the soil, long before I buy any concept of it .   

Well, I am certainly not buying into anything that is part of the New Apostolic Reformation, (NAR) the Emergent Church, or Word of Faith.  Bill Johnson is one of the preeminent gurus of the NAR movement.  This is a man who actually said we don't really need the Bible as our final say on anything.  It's the signs and wonders that count.

• This is Worthy 1

13 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Well, I am certainly not buying into anything that is part of the New Apostolic Reformation, (NAR) the Emergent Church, or Word of Faith.  Bill Johnson is one of the preeminent gurus of the NAR movement.  This is a man who actually said we don't really need the Bible as our final say on anything.  It's the signs and wonders that count.

I would take then Bill Johnson's comment about "not really needing the Bible" as a sign we shouldn't listen to him, and wonder exactly how much of Scripture he didn't read.

(probably the part between the front and back covers, IMO)

6 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

I would take then Bill Johnson's comment about "not really needing the Bible" as a sign we shouldn't listen to him, and wonder exactly how much of Scripture he didn't read.

(probably the part between the back and front covers, IMO)

Here is an actual Bill Johnson quote, (emphasis is my own):

“But to follow [the Holy Spirit], we must be willing to follow off the map—to go beyond what we know. To do so successfully we must recognize His presence above all.” And again, he says, “It’s difficult to expect the same fruit of the early church when we value a book they didn’t have more than the Holy Spirit they did have. It’s not Father, Son and Holy Bible.”

http://www.equip.org/article/off-map-bill-johnson-pursuit-extrabiblical-authentication/

I find the contrast here to Matthew 7:13 & 14 quite profound and illuminating.

Matthew 7:13-14  13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.  14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Johnson wants us to go off the narrow path on an exploratory Safari.  Jesus says stick to the path I gave you.  Johnson wants us to go bushwhacking through unexplored territory, spiritually.  Gee, which one should I pick?

• This is Worthy 1

6 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

“But to follow [the Holy Spirit], we must be willing to follow off the map—to go beyond what we know. To do so successfully we must recognize His presence above all.” And again, he says, “It’s difficult to expect the same fruit of the early church when we value a book they didn’t have more than the Holy Spirit they did have. It’s not Father, Son and Holy Bible.”

http://www.equip.org/article/off-map-bill-johnson-pursuit-extrabiblical-authentication/

Matthew 7:13-14  13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.  14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Johnson wants us to go off the narrow path on an exploratory Safari.  Jesus says stick to the path I gave you.  Johnson wants us to go bushwhacking through unexplored territory, spiritually.  Gee, which one should I pick?

Since Johnson wants to tromp off where others have gone and never safely returned, I think I'll stick with The Man from Galilee. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Since Johnson wants to tromp off where others have gone and never safely returned, I think I'll stick with The Man from Galilee. :)

I found the other piece of the same quote I was looking for:

“Those who feel safe because of their intellectual grasp of Scriptures enjoy a false sense of security. None of us has a full grasp of Scripture, but we all have the Holy Spirit. He is our common denominator who will always lead us into truth. But to follow Him, we must be willing to follow off the map—to go beyond what we know.”

This is from Johnson's book "When Heaven Invades Earth."  Bethel comes with a really nice convenience perk.  If you head out for church on Sunday morning and realize that in your rush to get there, you forgot your Bible, it's no big deal.  You won't be needing it anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

That is a doctrine of demons.     Thanks for exposing it.