• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

16 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Here is an actual Bill Johnson quote, (emphasis is my own):

“But to follow [the Holy Spirit], we must be willing to follow off the map—to go beyond what we know. To do so successfully we must recognize His presence above all.” And again, he says, “It’s difficult to expect the same fruit of the early church when we value a book they didn’t have more than the Holy Spirit they did have. It’s not Father, Son and Holy Bible.”

http://www.equip.org/article/off-map-bill-johnson-pursuit-extrabiblical-authentication/

I find the contrast here to Matthew 7:13 & 14 quite profound and illuminating.

Matthew 7:13-14  13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.  14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Johnson wants us to go off the narrow path on an exploratory Safari.  Jesus says stick to the path I gave you.  Johnson wants us to go bushwhacking through unexplored territory, spiritually.  Gee, which one should I pick?

That is a doctrine of demons.     Thanks for exposing it.  

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  987
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

"... Whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do you even so to them, for this is the law and the prophets" Matthew 5 through 7:12

"Whoever hears these sayings of mine and does not put them into practice is like a fool that built his house upon the sand..." Matthew 7:21-28

"And they were astonished at His doctrine for He taught as one with authority and not as the scribes" Matthew 7:28

"He that loves not knows not God, for God is love" 1 John 4:8

"Hereby we do know that we know Christ, if we keep His commands, He that says 'I know Him' and keeps not His commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him" 1 John 2:3-4

"Whoever transgresses (disobeys the Torah 1 John 3:4) and abides not in the doctrine of Christ, has not God. He that abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son."

2 John 1:9-10.

John 14:21 "he that has my commands and keeps them, he it is that loves me"

"If anyone loves not the Lord Jesus Christ, let that one be anathema, Oh Lord come!" 1 Corinthians 16:22.

"And that He died for all that they which live should henceforth not live unto themselves, but unto Him that died for them and rose again" 2 Corinthians 5:15

"The goodness of God leads thee to repentance" Romans 2:4

"If you live after the flesh you shall die, if you through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the flesh you shall live" Romans 8:13-14

"The grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all,

teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly righteously and godly in this present age" Titus 2:11-12

"They grieved His Holy Spirit therefore He was turned to be their enemy" Isaiah 63:10

"Grieve not the Holy Spirit by which you are sealed" Ephesians 4:30

"the enemies of the Lord shall be as the fat of the lambs, they shall vanish, into smoke shall they consume away" Psalm 37:20.

"for this ye know, that no whoremonger nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God" Ephesians 5:5

Galatians 5:19-21 "they that practice [the works of the flesh] shall not inherit the kingdom of God"

"they that are Christs have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts" Galatians 5:24

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 3/16/2017 at 2:30 PM, Willa said:

Bravo!  The only phrase I sharply disagree with was that the use of contemporary Christian Music is a sign of a degenerating doctrine and message.  Our churches were part of the beginning of the use of contemporary christian music in worship but we have not softened our evangelical fundamentalist beliefs at all.  The Gospel is firmly preached with repentance, abortion clinics are denounced by the high school and college age kids, and evangelism is promoted regularly.  Our college age group has about 50 people attending.  Homosexuality is opposed from the pulpit telling why, as well as how  the drugs and alcohol that are used shortens lives but enables them to live with themselves. Our pastors offer counseling and compassion for gays.  It also supports a Christian based clinic that teaches what is done in an abortion and what the alternatives are, and provides counseling for girls seeking abortion or who have had abortions.  Our sermons cover whole books of the Bible  about 15 verses at a time, studied in detail.  Nothing in the Bible is glossed over or neglected.  

I also caution the thinking that uses "how we've always done it" as  a base reference. 

Rather, it should always always be "how the LORD intended it."

And that we can ONLY find from the Keys to the Kingdom:

960380255_KeystotheKingdom.png.649519d3251d5871d403ff8ee168fd38.png

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Sin has been corrupting good doctrine since the beginning.

In Revelation, Jesus instructs John to write letters to the Seven Churches of Asia Minor. The message was sent to these churches but does not apply exclusively to them. However, specific detailed information and warnings went out to those particular churches. Tribulation was affecting Christianity. It was being attacked and has been ever since. This was only the beginning. These churches represent church-types throughout the ages. We can see any one of these types today or a combination of the conditions mentioned. The same sins are prevalent today.

In the Seven Churches, love for Jesus needs to be the primary focus. If you say you believe and love Him, you will be obedient and do what He says. Prayer and worship are to be the norm and Sin is not to be tolerated. Religious, legalistic systems and traditions that are man-made  are not spiritually fruitful. These messages travel to all churches through the ages . It seems that only one out all the churches was not rebuked.

Philadelphia is the faithful church that is spared the hour of trial.

Smyrna is the persecuted church. It's also faithful til death, yet some need to repent of suffer the consequences.

Ephesus is the orthodox church with good doctrine but forgot their first love Who is Jesus. This love needs to be demonstrated as brotherly love outside their congregation. Some of these churches seem like a private party with no growth ... Jesus says repent!

Pergamos is the worldly church with false doctrines, sin and materialism - very common today. Jesus says repent or else He will take away their lampstand.

Thyatira tolerates sin and is undisciplined ... Jesus says repent!

Sardis is a dead church with not fruit or growth - only a few will be saved in this church ... Jesus says repent!

Laodicea is neither hot nor cold but lukewarm. They may be self -sufficient and in need of nothing and comfortable on their won throne. They toot their own horn when they do something nice, go to church to be seen and give out of their abundance. It sounds like many of them are not saved and just going through the motions, in a comfort zone - like a lot of Americans today ... Jesus says repent or perish. 

God is sovereign, every single one that is in the book of life will be saved. There are tares among us and false doctrines but again, this has been going on since the beginning. God factors in all our blunders into his plan. Sin nor man will not corrupt His perfect plan.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I read about a third of this and then stopped because I thought it was too dramatic, intense, and exhausting to follow. With God’s grace, things aren’t so bad and complicated. After all, everybody is responsible for their faith only, and can just do their best to deliver God’s message to others. If others choose to refuse it, it’s on them. That said, I prefer churches that are empty but keep the word over churches that corrupt the word just to draw people in. The latter defeat their purpose of being about God’s message, ironically serving Satan in their attempt to do good through bad. A true Christian always has a strong backbone thanks to God in asserting the message of Jesus Christ truthfully with no diversion from the truth. Those who divert from the truth for false gain aren’t compromising (compromise sometimes can be a good thing) since the message is not theirs to begin with yet God’s. It is non-negotiable as such. One may only compromise over their own belongings, not God’s. If people don’t agree, it is no big deal. As long as people are doing their best for God, that’s all that matters. Each person is again responsible for their own faith before God only even if they can draw others in too.

Things do get full of drama, complications, and intensity however when one insists on walking the path of Satan instead of Christ’s or insists on associating with people who don’t follow God yet unknowingly (or secretly/knowingly) follow Satan. Thankfully, I avoid that, so my life stays simple.

May God bless us all with a simple joyous life. 

• Well Said! 1

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/08/1978

Amen Walter and well said. God’s eternal chosen Church will be ready always because He is faithful. We can’t just say we accept Christ and instantly we are reborn. It is by His will in His time for His elect. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Tampering with the Gospel is nothing new. Nearly 2,000 years ago:

2 Corinthians 11:3–4 (NIV84)
3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

Galatians 1:8–9 (NIV84)
8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!
9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

The KJV and others say that they are being led astray from the simplicity that is in Christ.

So Gospel tampering is old age. 

Romans 16:25 (NIV84)
25 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past,

Observe the pure, simple Gospel:

1 Corinthians 15:1–4 (NIV84)
1 Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand.
2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

John 3:16–18 (NIV84)
16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

Ephesians 2:8–10 (NIV84)
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
10 For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

No man made requirements of qualifications (definitely not works)... 

No sinner's prayer

No walking the ailse

No speaking in tongues

No water baptism

No denominational preference

No sexual preference

No requirement of what you did or didn't do in the past

No swearing allegiance to any church / organbization

No trying to keep the Law or the Sermon on the Mount (which is

an old covenant commentary on the old covenant during the old

covenant time which lasted until Christ's death on the cross according to

Hebrews 9:16-17).

It's all about belief / faith and even that is not of ourselves (Ephesians 2:8) it is

the gift of God. Paul mentions receiving the Gospel. That's all we can do.

Jesus said his yoke is easy, his burden is light... ← try telling that to most Christians 

who sweat and brow beat themselves etc.

A tampered with Gospel seems to have infiltrated and infested most churches.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  10

On 3/16/2017 at 7:06 AM, angels4u said:

Can you see these things  happening around you and in which way?

Is your church holding on to the truth ?

The Way, the Truth, and the Life
5“Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?” 6Jesusanswered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.”…

The left always points fingers at others via name calling. You are a bigot but they are not, although they can't tolerate conservative opinions which is bigotry. 

• Thumbs Up 1