Several keys to Praying (Part 1)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Father GOD in the name of Jesus, I ask that those seeking answer's to prayer's find the answer in you .As your word goes out I pray that all will learn to ask,seek, and knock in Jesus name Amen and Amen.    Prayer springs from the heart with a need greater than our understanding. It's our acknowledgement of a supreme being higher than ourselves, known as GOD. Most people try to pray but, sometimes have difficulty in many different areas. There's basically only two kinds of prayer, those that reach GOD and those that don't. One example of this would be the parable of the Pharisee and the Publican. (Luke 18:9-14). Here we see the Pharisee praying in his religious pride, expecting GOD to answer because he thought he was worthy. He told GOD about his goodness, how he was better than others, and about he fasted and how much he gave of himself. I think we all can agree that this is the kind of prayer that doesn't reach GOD. Now, when the Publican came to pray, He prayed with great humility, and aware of his unworthiness, by asking GOD for his mercy (Psalm 57:10). I think we can agree that this kind of prayer does reach GOD.   Prayer is asking and receiving (Matt. 7:7-11). When we  know the will of GOD regarding a need, whether it be spiritual or material we can ask and receive. This is prayer according to the will of GOD (1 John 5:14,15). Prayer is also seeking and finding. When we don't know the will of God regarding a need, then we are to seek his will until we find it. This is prayer for an understanding of the unrevealed will of GOD in a particular need (Col. 3:1) and (Jer. 29:12,13). Prayer is also knocking and opening. When we do no the will of GOD, and yet we find a closed door, then we are to knock and keep on knocking until GOD opens the door. Sadly, this is where some of us give up because it requires tenacious prayer. That's prayer for the impossible to become possible, miracle working prayer. (Matt. 17:14-21). Remember our Lord instruct's us to ask, seek, and knock because these three word's cover the whole spectrum of prayer.   Father in the name of Jesus. I ask that if there is anyone reading this that doesn't know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, that you repeat this prayer or one similar to it. Lord Jesus I thank you for dying on the cross for my sin's and rising again where you now sit on the right hand of GOD. I repent of all my sin's and accept you as the Lord and Savior of my life. Amen and Amen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Beautiful post tyke. :thumbsup:

Matthew 7:7; Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Ask , Seek , Knock. A.S.K, spell's ask!