JohnD

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

There are several scriptures that do tell us that it is jesus that saves us its his work completely and fully. So repentance, confession, belief, faith proclamations our any works we partake in will not merit us for salvation. So what is the importance to us? Why respond to anything?

Love is chose. Love has a commitment. 

As a women a wealthy man can ask me to share his wealth, share his bed, live in house, provide me with extravagance and love me and take care of me every day of my life as his mystress. This arrangement could be full of compasion and we could have a great love and xommitment to one another.

But when that man says will you be my wife? he has offered me an honorable place in his house hold. I have to say yes or no? In my customs take the ring, make the vow is yes. Only diference in our love for each other or even our duty to each other is our willingness to commit to each other. So this man on his knee holding his ring out is no different then Our Lord asking us to be baptised, to take his name (christian) to accept his commitment, his love, the honorable position as his bride. To become a member of the household by responding to his request, loving him back because he first loved me, commiting myself back to him. How do i respond to this great offering of your love Lord? How do i share with you in your your death burial and resurection? How do i take your name Lord? How can anything i ever do even compare to all you have done for me? Be Baptised.

God made us. He knows our need to respond to love. Do you love me?  If you say you love God? Every place these questions are brought up there is an instruction we can follow to show God our love for him in a way that pleases him. 

If what we teach or what we say removes from people the opputunity and encouragement to love God back. Your teaching has completly missed the mark and the heart of God. Jesus asked us to be baptised if we accept his covenant with us.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus has offered us a robe an identifying mark that we are charished members of his house hold. His bride. In the Spirit our garment is authority, to the world it is a witness. To our Lord it is our honor to cover ourself with something identifying our relationship with him. So teach people its ok to run around in nakedness and teach people the can eat at his table as a mistress. Ignore the spiritual symbolism of baptism being our robe. Ignore the warning about showing up to the wedding without the wedding garmet. Teach a undermining of the Lords teaching to be baptised . But remember to know God is eternal life and God sent Christ with the message to be baptised in water and the Holy Spirt confirmed it was pleasing to God in a lot more water baptisms then Jesus'.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Those who accepted Y'SHUA were immersed. 

Not a single person in all of Scripture was immersed with the exception of those being judged by God.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, Jeff2 said:

Those who accepted Y'SHUA were immersed. 

Not a single person in all of Scripture was immersed with the exception of those being judged by God.

No Church (none of the ones present on this forum/ site) I know of believes that.  Care to elaborate ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Jeff, it is a plain statement; just the same as your position. Popularity and dogmatism does not make a Biblical doctrine. Most people here would claim that Baptism was not necessary for salvation. The Reformed Camp generally does not accept immersion. Many Denominations allow sprinkling, pouring, or immersion, and would not exclude anyone based upon their choice.  

Many who are dogmatic about exclusive immersion baptism also make it a salvation issue. If not salvation, they make non-immersionists out to be second-class Christians which they choose not to fellowship with.

What If I were to say that "those who accepted Jesus were baptized by sprinkling."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

16 hours ago, Jeff2 said:

Jeff, it is a plain statement; just the same as your position. Popularity and dogmatism does not make a Biblical doctrine. Most people here would claim that Baptism was not necessary for salvation. The Reformed Camp generally does not accept immersion. Many Denominations allow sprinkling, pouring, or immersion, and would not exclude anyone based upon their choice.  

Many who are dogmatic about exclusive immersion baptism also make it a salvation issue. If not salvation, they make non-immersionists out to be second-class Christians which they choose not to fellowship with.

What If I were to say that "those who accepted Jesus were baptized by sprinkling."

I find your post quite interesting, but of course that's how I see it myself.

The part that you said, those who are very dogmatic about something in general may view, and not all, them selfs more Divine than others, and not only for that , but they are happy because they have obey JESUS CHRIST guide lines, to the disciples. 

Those very much I respect, but the ones I mind are those who say that we have to be baptized because Jesus Christ was baptized in the Jordan River. 

They persuade people to feel kind of special , that's OK, but when they missed the substance of Baptism, and they use it to judge others, I think that they may have Sin. 

To begin with, they make a coulture out of baptism, and I am not against the Baptism,  but sometimes I feel to take a strong stance against the Baptism all together, and even renounce the Baptism I had , and begin to tell people when they ask me to be baptized ,that I do not need it. 

For starters I do not come from an idolatric family, that would expect me, no just to go to the family's idolatric gatherings, but they would expect me to seek their blessings. 

And as a Believer in Jesus Christ if I happen to live in the old times and come out of an idolatric family,   I would not mind to mix with them when they do their celebrations, they are my family after all, and could be my wife, or grown up children. 

That doesn't mean that I seek blessings from their idols. 

(And it is just the samething when a guest a non Believer sits on our table for dinner, we do not tell him, go out and come back when we finish our prayers, no we don't do that). 

And I may actually receive a blessing from JESUS CHRIST, strange as it sounds, and as it is not easy to see it, because some non Christian members in my family may decide to come with me to the church. Who otherwise will never go. 

Now all that would depend upon many different variants, and also the gender and the financial and the strictness of the family, so I don't make it a blind recommendation. 

What I think is nececery sometimes for someone with very difficult family situations to remain a secret believer, whether baptized or not. 

That's why I said Baptism can not be use to judge faith and fervor, and dedication to Jesus Christ. 

Because someone may have all of these in his heart, without baptism, and even the baptism of the Holy Spirit. 

Even the Scriptures say, without speaking against baptism, but seeking to bless those who are not baptized, and shield them from the Judgement of the Jelots, 

That there is something that matters a lot to Jesus Christ the sircoumsission of the heart. 

With or without baptism. 

And to add to that , search the history, and this is just for information, Jonh the Baptist pour water over the people and in the Jordan, in running water.

All those things have a significance. 

Jesus said baptized them in my name, and the Father's and the Holy Spirit.

That's why JESUS said not only in my name but in the Father's and the Holy Spirit's, because we are working all together , and we you are not a politheist but there is ONE God and Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior, and the Holy Spirit from God working with the believers in the name of Jesus Christ . 

It means if you were an Idolater before, don't you make the mistake to include JESUS CHRIST in the Pantheon of your Gods , no of course not. And don't you perceived the Holy Spirit in addition to the cultists spirits of course not. 

The Holy Spirit does not want to fellowship with any other Spirits, the Holy Spirit is going to eventually kick every other Spirit out. Jesus wants us to renounce all other Spirits. 

Jesus Christ wants us to forshake all the others Gods, and keep only him. 

That's why Paul keeps saying " JESUS CHRIST is all you need, for every need in your lives", remember that the Gospel was peach to polytheistic nations. 

And the Baptism meant to forshake all the old Gods, for the sake of JESUS CHRIST. 

For the Jews similar situation, with the Baptistm, Jesus Christ was asking the Jews to forshake the Temple worship , culture is culture, they still lived in Jerusalem.  And the same the new Believers still live in an idolatric culture. 

And they still had their own calendars, of their culture. 

And they had unbeiliving families and some times tolerant towards the Gospel, and some times hostile. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
Complete a sentence