• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

1 Corinthians 15:1–4 (AV)
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Just thought it appropriate to specify what the Gospel is in the sub forum "Defending the Gospel."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

You provided a few verses that speak of the Gospel, but give no clear definition as to what the Gospel is.  Just wanted to clear this up.  To clarify what the message of the Gospel is, you would need to copy all of scripture pertaining to salvation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

You provided a few verses that speak of the Gospel, but give no clear definition as to what the Gospel is.  Just wanted to clear this up.  To clarify what the message of the Gospel is, you would need to copy all of scripture pertaining to salvation.

Umm salvation abcs, admit believe confess and the roman road of salvation, the caticisms is not the good news the diciples went forth to be a witness to. The gospel is Christ fullfilling the prophetic scriptures with his conception, birth, death, 3 days, resurection. This guy has put before you the actual gospel. The roman road and ABC of salvation are edification not the "gospel" they were sent out to be witnesses to. When people dont teach the 3 days from the annual sabbath to the weekly sabath they already perverted the gospel by assigning it the pagan easter holiday and sun god worshipped easter is not 3 days. It was passover.

The ABC and the roman road are a result of the conviction of the ministry of the Holy Spirit when the Truth/ Gospel is proclaimed. Its a miracle of God. 

You can't teach people into heaven. You have to be born again.

When men proclaimed the truth the witness of the Holy Spirit convicts people concering sin righteousness and judgment. You do not have to tell a person admit your a sinner, confess your sin, proclaim Jesus is Lord, they are convicted of Gods judgment by the gospels power and the holy spirit ( which is foolishness to those who are perishing) and naturally are asking, " what must i do? When confronted by God the weight of our sins are miserable. The false gospel church protects people (baby christians) from ever being confronted by the Holy Spirit and feeling the weight of their sin. But if you hang around a while you will eventually hear the gospel proclaimed in power an end up on your knees before a Holy God WEEPING like a baby scared of Gods judgement and confessing your sins.

Edited by Reinitin
Spelling

The dicples were not the first to proclaim the gospel. It was proclaimed by prophets long before Jesus' birth. Long before pauls letter of exaltation and edification to roman christians that gave understanding about the work of God being done through the testimony of Christ. The gospel was proclaimed by the angels to shepherds and Jesus (Yahshua) and John's parents. Then the prophetic fullfillment was witnessed and testified to by the diciples. John's father testified to the good news at the birth of John. The testimony of Christ is the power of God unto salvation. Not the testimony about mans salvation is the power of men unto salvation. 

Just food for thought.

Not to beat a dead horse but please consider Ananias and his wife Sapphira. So many ABC teachers and students trip all over this. But it eye opening if you understand salvation is a work of God through the Holy Spirit. 

These two poorly decieved people went through the motions (mimics of) of those who were convicted by the salvation power of the Holy Spirit. They sold their field mimicking the movement of God. They brought there offering (mimicking the Spirit of Gods work). The sad result was their death. Because it was a bright idea not the Spirit of God. So proclaim the Gospel. Let God save. Cause if you just get people to mimic the work of God unto salvation through the Holy Spirit. The end result is still death. You do not have to keep convincing a person that has been confronted by the Holy Spirit and convicted of their sin, and recieved comfort and blessed assurence that romans 10:13 is their security of eternal life. Because Jesus Christ the Son of God who is seated at the right hand of the Father with all power Authority on earth and the Spirit you recieved that convicted you of your sin and comforted you with his sacrafice is your assurance of eternal life.

The sadest to me of all is the people trying to teach a powerless road to heaven. Never look up and ask God why their message is so powerless. They just hold contemp against the poor lost sinners that dont recieve their powerless teaching. When that poor lost sinner is who Jesus suffered, died, resurected and set down on the throne with all authority to save.

Edited by Reinitin
Grammar

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

Oh?

So no one who did not have every verse in the Bible on the subject of salvation went to hell?

Is that your belief?

And now that I think about it, the entire Bible is about salvation.

Is it not?

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

Don't believe and you are condemned already.

John 3:16-18.

That is quite enough.

Do you personally believe more is required?

If so... I suggest that it is you who should start spouting scriptures...

Nice day!

John the water Baptist contrasted the baptism of Jesus with his own (water) baptism.

Matthew 3:11–12 (AV)
11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Baptism of the Holy Ghost: saved.

Baptism of fire: eternal damnation.

Water baptism is not required.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

This may be true.

Look in NEW TESTAMENT though,  those who were not immersed

are those who rejected Y'SHUA as MESSIAH

and thwarted YHWH'S PLAN for their lives. 

Those who accepted Y'SHUA were immersed.

52 minutes ago, JohnD said:

John the water Baptist contrasted the baptism of Jesus with his own (water) baptism.

Matthew 3:11–12 (AV)
11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Baptism of the Holy Ghost: saved.

Baptism of fire: eternal damnation.

So:) I agree with your path buy hold an issue. I would never come to a conclusion in study that brings me to a place where something im saying is a complete contradiction of at least one scripture. To me this falls under teaching of man. The Lord in his great widom and understanding himself was baptised and his purpose for baptism was stated correct? Were all his diciples baptised? Did all his diciples continue baptising? Did a miracle of God bring philip to a man reading Isaiah? Did the Spirit of God take Philip away after baptizing the convert? Did the Lord compel Peter to baptise the house of Cornelius after conferming the gospel be offered to gentiles? So if our Lord said be baptised, the diciples said be baptised. The word gives us detailed accounts of water baptisms. Who in line with Gods wisdom and understanding would ever say "Water baptism in not required"? Obviously God has an ordained purpose for water immersion  outside your understanding of it. But who is man to create conflicts for others with scripture? How can i say i teach a greater message and The Way if is in conflict with The Way as we are shown it?

Why not just say the Lords thoughts and ways are greater then ours and search scripture and ask God till you see the big picture instead of spreading a half truth? There is a Godly and Eternal purpose to be baptised and to compel those who recieve the testimonie of Christ to be baptised.It just hasn't been revealed to you yet. 

Men convinced of false assumptions never recieve complete understanding of  truth;(

Edited by Reinitin
Spelling