• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:48 AM, JohnD said:

This was a question in the Outer Court Q&A section (which for some reason members cannot respond to) I guess to weed out the suppositional error.

The only child born sinless is Jesus Christ.

The Bible speaks of innocence of children and the evil of those who rob them of it (which ought to frighten everyone because we by our indulgence or toleration expose children to far too much evil).

But no other child ever born was sinless (Romans 5:12).

Amen. No child is sinless. Even in the womb, kicking and punching mommy in the belly is a sin. Its only that before a certain age, which varies from child to child, depending on their maturity level and what they are exposed to in the media, they cannot be held accountable for their sins.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

On 3/18/2017 at 1:29 PM, missmuffet said:

A child is not held accountable for their sins by God and all children go to heaven when they die up to the age of Accountability. This is the age where a boy or girl can accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. The most popular interpretation of the age of accountability is 13.

I think this age is a good benchmark for kids that grew up in Christian homes. How about kids who grew up in nations where they don't even get a chance to hear gospel? Let's take North Korea or China as example. I am not saying I know the answer :) I am just saying probably no one knows the answer, except Lord himself. We can take courage on the fact that He is completely just and at the same time full or grace and mercy. I do believe firmly innocent toddlers and little children will all go to heaven because they are not in a position to understand the accountability that comes with sin.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

13 minutes ago, ravindran said:

I think this age is a good benchmark for kids that grew up in Christian homes. How about kids who grew up in nations where they don't even get a chance to hear gospel? Let's take North Korea or China as example. I am not saying I know the answer :) I am just saying probably no one knows the answer, except Lord himself. We can take courage on the fact that He is completely just and at the same time full or grace and mercy. I do believe firmly innocent toddlers and little children will all go to heaven because they are not in a position to understand the accountability that comes with sin.

Very good. All true.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

7 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

I quoted the Bible verse that is written about children and their presumed innocence.  It is therefore not an exact age.

The parameters are what age they can decide for themselves whom to follow, independent of their parents and not the age when they feel guilty of doing something wrong ('wrong' being predetermined by cultural norms).

What is 'right' in one culture is 'wrong' in another.

Could you maybe give an example of what you mean when you say "What is 'right' in one culture is 'wrong' in another."? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

In Hispanic and many Mediterranean countries it is the norm to have a wife and a concubine or else girlfriends.  It is very difficult to convince them that this is adultery.  Likewise in many Polynesian islands fornication is the norm and until girls are imprenated they are not eligible for marriage.  In many African tribes theft is the norm and has been for centuries.  Only the Holy Spirit can overcome these cultural norms.  

I first became aware of evil through Grimm's Fairy Tails.  The book had been my mother's and she read it to me at around age 5.  The sense of evil so frightened me that I hid the book in an attic room.  Because of it, perhaps, I also discerned evil in certain people and was afraid of them.  At one time the psychologists deemed that book of benefit to children because of that very reason.  Immediately afterwards books and shows came out with "good" witches, which to me are more satanic because of the deception.  

Thirteen was the age of Jewish boys becoming a man, when they were apprenticed by their fathers till age 30.  Wikipedia:   According to Jewish law, when Jewish boys become 13 years old, they become accountable for their actions and become a bar mitzvah. A girl becomes a bat mitzvah at the age of 12 according to Orthodox and Conservative Jews, and at the age of 13 according to Reform Jews.[1] Prior to reaching bar mitzvah age, the child's parents hold the responsibility for the child's actions. After this age, the boys and girls bear their own responsibility for Jewish ritual lawtradition, and ethics

.Perhaps the bar Mitzvah is the reason for our Christian tradition of age of accountability.   It also became the age of confirmation.

As said.  It is the Holy Spirit Who convicts of sin, righteousness and judgement.  He doesn't convict of good and evil.  Since we are suppose to be innocent concerning evil, I do not see that knowledge of both good and evil is necessary for salvation.  All we really need to know is that God is Good and will forgive us of sin because Jesus loves us and died for our sin.

Rom 16:19  For the report of your obedience has reached to all; therefore I am rejoicing over you, but I want you to be wise in what is good and innocent in what is evil.