JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

This was a question in the Outer Court Q&A section (which for some reason members cannot respond to) I guess to weed out the suppositional error.

The only child born sinless is Jesus Christ.

The Bible speaks of innocence of children and the evil of those who rob them of it (which ought to frighten everyone because we by our indulgence or toleration expose children to far too much evil).

But no other child ever born was sinless (Romans 5:12).

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

There is an entirely misgiving notion that all children go to heaven in death.

IMHO it's how people cope with the notion that they never even had a chance to hear the Gospel

much less make a decision to believe.

On the one hand it should sober us all about how important it is that we spread the Gospel to

every creature.

On the other hand it reveals our ignorance about the Omniscient God who is particular but not to the point of absurdity.

Take the Sabbath laws for example. Jesus said there was no wrong in pulling your donkey from a ditch on the sabbath...

God is so very pragmatic...

And he knows from the beginning who would and would not believe in his dear Son.

A child who dies in unbelief but who would have believed had they reached that point in their lives does not escape God's notice.

Otherwise, infanticide would be the most humane thing to do to people (eternally speaking). Why risk losing the free pass into heaven?

Do you see the morbidity of the logical conclusion "all babies go to heaven?"

Not to mention it would be another way to heaven / God than the cross of Christ.

Until a child understands what sin is and that they need a savior, they are counted as innocent by GOD. Sure, they are born with a sin nature and sin just like us, but the Bible is clear that "unless we become as on of these (children), we will never enter the kingdom of Heaven."(Paraphrase) So, until a person understands, they are counted as innocent. Just as a person with the mental capacity of a child is innocent, although they do sin.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

1 Corinthians 7:12-14King James Version (KJV)

12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband:

else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

=======================================================

1 Corinthians 7:12-14Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

12 To the rest I declare—I, not the Lord [for Jesus did not discuss this]—that if any brother has a wife who does not believe [in Christ] and she consents to live with him, he should not leave or divorce her.

13 And if any woman has an unbelieving husband and he consents to live with her, she should not leave or divorce him.

14 For the unbelieving husband is set apart (separated, withdrawn from heathen contamination, and affiliated with the Christian people) by union with his consecrated (set-apart) wife, and the unbelieving wife is set apart and separated through union with her consecrated husband.

Otherwise your children would be unclean (unblessed heathen, [a]outside the Christian covenant), but as it is they are prepared for God [pure and clean].

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

A child is not held accountable for their sins by God and all children go to heaven when they die up to the age of Accountability. This is the age where a boy or girl can accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. The most popular interpretation of the age of accountability is 13.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

A child is not held accountable for their sins by God and all children go to heaven when they die up to the age of Accountability. This is the age where a boy or girl can accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. The most popular interpretation of the age of accountability is 13.

Yes,  perhaps a good feeling traditions anyway....  perhaps not true.   YHWH knows, and is perfectly right HIMSELF.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

38 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

The age of accountability does seem to be the age the child self determines whether to follow God or chooses to follow Satan.

One article on this topic mentions:

"This means that children will not be judged for their sin until they reach an age where their conscience has developed to the extent that they have a conviction of being sinful. Children get to know right from wrong by being taught (trained). Consequently, they start to understand the difference between being obedient and disobedient—being good or naughty. But that understanding is different from being aware that they are sinful and spiritually separated from God. A general sense of guilt and conviction of sin only starts to develop in the pre-adolescent years.*"  End excerpt

That is their take on this issue.

The Bible says this

"Deuteronomy 1:39

King James Bible
Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it."

"Knowledge of good and evil" to me means something different than knowing right from wrong.

It feels (with the Holy spirit by my side here) like they need to be actually aware that evil exists, and so can decide who they follow, from that place.  I put that age closer to 16-19 (based on developmental age of awareness) rather than 13.  

*http://www.truthforkids.com/age-of-accountability/

I was taught right from wrong at an early age.  By age 4 I knew these things and took a beating from a neighbor because I refused to steal candy from a grocery store for her.  A former pastor was saved at age 7, having repented and chosen to follow Jesus.  This age differs from person to person so I would need better scriptural basis to believe any age of accountability, especially those established by developmental psychologists.  It is the Holy Spirit Who convicts of sin, righteousness and judgement.  It is the Holy Spirit Who interprets spiritual things to us.  I do believe the Scripture that children are sanctified by the believing parent till they make their own choices.  

1Co 2:12  But we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit from God, so that we might know the things that are freely given to us by God. 1Co 2:13  Which things we also speak, not in words taught in human wisdom, but in Words taught of the Holy Spirit, comparing spiritual things with spiritual things.  1Co 2:14  But a natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he is not able to know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, simplejeff said:

1 Corinthians 7:12-14King James Version (KJV)

12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband:

else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

=======================================================

1 Corinthians 7:12-14Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

12 To the rest I declare—I, not the Lord [for Jesus did not discuss this]—that if any brother has a wife who does not believe [in Christ] and she consents to live with him, he should not leave or divorce her.

13 And if any woman has an unbelieving husband and he consents to live with her, she should not leave or divorce him.

14 For the unbelieving husband is set apart (separated, withdrawn from heathen contamination, and affiliated with the Christian people) by union with his consecrated (set-apart) wife, and the unbelieving wife is set apart and separated through union with her consecrated husband.

Otherwise your children would be unclean (unblessed heathen, [a]outside the Christian covenant), but as it is they are prepared for God [pure and clean].

Thank you simplejeff, 

God bless, 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

12 hours ago, JohnD said:

This was a question in the Outer Court Q&A section (which for some reason members cannot respond to) I guess to weed out the suppositional error.

The only child born sinless is Jesus Christ.

The Bible speaks of innocence of children and the evil of those who rob them of it (which ought to frighten everyone because we by our indulgence or toleration expose children to far too much evil).

But no other child ever born was sinless (Romans 5:12).

I did not know that the unborn can sin in the womb .

This is not truth. 

We have Adam and Eve, before the fall. 

We have righteous men, whom the Lord commented them of being righteous, (and that without any sin offering , because before the Law and Aaron we did not have any sin offerings.  

We have Abraham to whom the Lord imputed righteousness, so he was considered righteous whether he was or not. 

Then the Lord separated a people for himself, with the sircoumsission, and later with the Law. 

Their children were born to the Lord, any thing that opens the matrix is mine. 

They must be born Holy unto the Lord, even without the sircoumsission, for those seven days. 

With JESUS CHRIST , in the new testiment, where the Laws of Moses has passed away, together with the old covenant. 

JESUS CHRIST died all things are made new. 

Our children are born to the Lord, your children shall see visions and profesize, for I will pour my spirit upon them, and I will be a Father to them, and they will be my children. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, eileenhat said:

Just saying right from wrong is subjective, while knowing evil exists in the form of Satan and turning toward him rather than God, is of a higher level order of self determination.

Other cultures determine what is right or wrong, for their children, is all I am stating here.  It is not universally agreed upon, what if 'right'.  Hence 'right vs wrong' is subjective and not a substitute for knowing evil versus good (as in what God requires of us).  this is about man's sinful nature.  His separation from God.  His self determination is to choose either God or Satan to follow.

Forgive me if I am wrong but doesn't God set the boundaries of what is right and what is wrong? We know what is right or wrong based on His word and his word alone. Right and wrong becomes subjective when man makes it subjective like it is today. In today's world the philosophy is what is right in my own eyes is what right instead of what God says.  A perfect example would be the LTGB movement and their beliefs. Then you have churches siding with this belief system. They have made sin subjective instead of objective when God clearly says this lifestyle is wicked. So I have to disagree that right and wrong is subjective. 

Maybe I am not completely understanding what you mean by subjective. Maybe a little more light could be shed into what you are saying.