IGNORED

Ever feel like you fight for God more than he does?

notsolostsoul

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I know too many Christians that, while at church, gossip, provoke drama, lie on eachother, scheme against their own family members and friends, amongst many other Ill behavioral actions.

When I speak on it, question why, or make known how they should not be this way, they turn on me. Push me out, lie on me, provoke hate towards me. I mean this is fine because it shows their character and that I should distance myself from this. Yet I often wonder why does God not teach them that their behavior is wrong, at least from what is in scripture. 

Why does God allow for these individuals to be happy and continue in these behaviors without correcting them? And I mean for years they've gotten away with this.

I am not the only one they have pushed away or turned on with ill behavior but I was probably the most vocal with pointing it out. 

I just wonder, Where are you God? You see this, yet you let them constantly get away with it.

It seems I care for his words more than he does.

Edited by notsolostsoul

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

They push you away and out when you comment on how they're behaving ? That should answer you as to where God is. He's there telling you to go! When those people do that. Because God isn't there among them when they're acting that way toward people.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Those who live in sin do not like their sins exposed.  If this chose sin over His will in their lives, they are Christians by name only as their fruit is not of God.

Ever do a deep study on agape love?  In 1 Corinthians 13, we read:

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Does this sound like Gods love toward us?  God gave us each free will to chose what path we will follow, which commands of His we accept, and allows us to make mistakes if we are trying to follow Him.  People are also at different stages of growth in Him.  At first, the zeal toward God is great, exciting, but after awhile, God allows us to take what we have learned and apply it to our every day life.  Just as a baby takes their first step by themselves, so we take out first steps in Him by ourselves.  If we fall, like the baby, we get up and try again.  The baby becomes a young child and off to school they go, to learn more and more.  Se we also do so in Him.  As we grow in Him, we change.  Some refuse to become an adult in life, just as some refuse to become a mature Christian.

You see, Gods love is patient (suffers long).  He never forces us to be what we should be.  He understands that we will make many mistakes, but is still merciful to us when we repent.  To even think you care more about His ways then He does is a prideful statement and shows you do not fully understand His love.  Statements like this one you should be very careful of.

Proverbs 16:18

Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

25 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

I know too many Christians that, while at church, gossip, provoke drama, lie on eachother, scheme against their own family members and friends, amongst many other Ill behavioral actions.

When I speak on it, question why, or make known how they should not be this way, they turn on me. Push me out, lie on me, provoke hate towards me. I mean this is fine because it shows their character and that I should distance myself from this. Yet I often wonder why does God not teach them that their behavior is wrong, at least from what is in scripture. 

Why does God allow for these individuals to be happy and continue in these behaviors without correcting them? And I mean for years they've gotten away with this.

I am not the only one they have pushed away or turned on with ill behavior but I was probably the most vocal with pointing it out. 

I just wonder, Where are you God? You see this, yet you let them constantly get away with it.

Just because a person goes to Church does not make them a Christian. Just as someone who sleeps in a garage is not a car. It is like the father who makes sure that he does not miss a day of Church and sits in the front row seat every Sunday and then goes home and beats his wife. God is right there with you where ever you go. These people will not get away with anything. They will be judged. I have seen so many hypocrites in Church. But I am sure there are many who truly love the Lord as well who attend Church.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

33 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

Hello Notsolost ,

I think that if I was you I look for a different church,are those people really Christians? Or do they call themself Christians? Do they know what it really means to be a Christian?

We all say and do things we shouldn't be doing as we're not perfect .

We are perfect in Christ and He looks at us as being perfect but as long as we're on earth we still live in our flesly body which does sin but does not wants to sin.

For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.Hebrews 10:14

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. Romans 7:15.( That's me often and I do hate it..) We alll struggle with all kinds of things until our last day here on earth.

John 13:34
A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so also you must love one another.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,369
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

Well, hold on here.  The church has a Pastor, Deacons and maybe a constitution of some sort as to behavior.   Those actions should or would be picked up by the Pastor and Deacons at some point in time and the Pastor would address it in some form, maybe a sermon or a discourse.   I would not get entagled in rude behavior at church, unless  you are in a position of authority, like a deacon ect.   I would rather have a word with a Deacon and see what happens, if it continues then shake the dust of your feet and move on. 

I didn't mean it to seem prideful because it is not with pride that I wonder. I am trying to understand why God allows them to get away with it. You would think that those that spend the majority of their time claiming God, would be the ones he would discipline and teach.

Guess I just wonder where is God's discipline when these individuals have been getting away with this ill behavior for years while inflicting harm on so many others?

Just a little background into this church. It is a small church made up of 3 families mainly. The Pastor is a fine Pastor, but is getting up in age and really doesn't get involved in the personal lives of the church members (meaning the personal relationships amongst it's members). There is constant discord and some of the higher ranked members are involved in a lot of distasteful behavior. It's as if the elders live wildly and the generations after have grew up in these ways. It's a cycle of ill behavior.

The church has lost many members through the years, most due to these Ill mannered ways. I am not a member but my family, or ex family are members. Due to me speaking up for myself my family members and I have fallen out. This was the result of other members gossip and instigation. So unfortunately for me a lost a host of individuals I cared for and trusted.

I have referred to this Church as a present day Sodom and Gomorrah, not for the sexually immorality, but overall behavioral immorality. 

I'm just sadden that I lost much, even though it really isn't a lost since it is based in wickedness, but to see them continue happily and knowing others are still caught in this church with these individuals hurts. Just wish God would discipline and teach. 

Thank you every one!!!!

Clears thank you!

The weirdest thing is about a year ago, when I first was conflicted with feelings regarding this situation with the church and it's members, God brought me these same scriptures. I didn't know of them before, but after seeking God he brought these to me. Then he told me to leave this church and it's people alone. I didn't because my family is there and I didn't view my family as participants ofthis Ill behavior. However within the last year they have shown their true colors and confirmed that this behavior is shared amongst the majority of this churches attendees. 

I am sadden by the lost, but I am thankful for all of your replies, because within them I see God is telling me to hold on to him. 

I do get wary in my faith, especially when things seem to just get worse. This is why I asked if anyone ever felt they try so hard to keep God's way and words but God seems idle.

"Live by faith, not by sight" is my biggest battle. I feel I lack the Patience and Trust. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

14 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

I didn't mean it to seem prideful because it is not with pride that I wonder. I am trying to understand why God allows them to get away with it. You would think that those that spend the majority of their time claiming God, would be the ones he would discipline and teach.

Guess I just wonder where is God's discipline when these individuals have been getting away with this ill behavior for years while inflicting harm on so many others?

Just a little background into this church. It is a small church made up of 3 families mainly. The Pastor is a fine Pastor, but is getting up in age and really doesn't get involved in the personal lives of the church members (meaning the personal relationships amongst it's members). There is constant discord and some of the higher ranked members are involved in a lot of distasteful behavior. It's as if the elders live wildly and the generations after have grew up in these ways. It's a cycle of ill behavior.

The church has lost many members through the years, most due to these Ill mannered ways. I am not a member but my family, or ex family are members. Due to me speaking up for myself my family members and I have fallen out. This was the result of other members gossip and instigation. So unfortunately for me a lost a host of individuals I cared for and trusted.

I have referred to this Church as a present day Sodom and Gomorrah, not for the sexually immorality, but overall behavioral immorality. 

I'm just sadden that I lost much, even though it really isn't a lost since it is based in wickedness, but to see them continue happily and knowing others are still caught in this church with these individuals hurts. Just wish God would discipline and teach. 

I didn't read your postings as prideful. I read you as seeking to understand and hoping impartial minds could help you here. :) 

How do you know God isn't dealing with them in his own time? You experience how they treat you repeatedly because you remain among them. Why? When their energy isn't righteous and feeding you as a fellow member of God's church? It bothers you terribly. And that feeds the energy they have that shows itself to you as spite filled, mean, all things contrary to Christ and his power and energy. Jesus was and is the light of the whole everything. A beacon.

These people you speak of? Are they delivering darkness or light? Are you there watching and experiencing their maltreatment of you, their abuse, because you want to understand them? Or are you wanting to see God do something as you keep talking about? And right before your eyes?

God works his will in his own time. Your responsibility is to cherish the temple that you are as his divine house and testimony of his only son.

I want God to teach them to change their wicked ways. These are people I cared for and it hurts to see them work against Jesus. I would try and get them to truly observe the very WORDS they say they already follow in Jesus.

Many believe they are Christians when they can use his words for their convenience, but they rarely read the word in its full content. I want them to truly know Jesus, and let him lead them to salvation.

Edited by notsolostsoul