• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

7 hours ago, Opywang said:

I said do some research before answering.  It's not like what we are told.

My friend, just about everyone on this site has done an extensive study on Hell.  It is one of the basic questions we ask ourselves when we consider who God is and if the Bible is true.  There is no need to tell them to "do some research".  They already have.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Have yo considered Romans 2:12-16?

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Have you ever thought what Paul meant when he claimed this about the Gentiles, some who have never heard a things from scripture or any teaching of the God we know?

Thanks for the verse. I hadn't considered this one. 

5 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Thanks for the verse. I hadn't considered this one. 

Many don't because it is hard to understand, going against what they have held true for many years.   As you say, God provided evidence of who He is through nature.  Those who never heard of God as we have (think Amazon as an example) can, and some do, have Him in their hearts, living out what they see as His ways in their lives the best they can without scripture or a human teacher. All they have is His Spirit to guide them, but without His words to bring back to memory.  A tough thing to consider since we have so many references at our fingertips ... they do not.

26 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Many don't because it is hard to understand, going against what they have held true for many years.   As you say, God provided evidence of who He is through nature.  Those who never heard of God as we have (think Amazon as an example) can, and some do, have Him in their hearts, living out what they see as His ways in their lives the best they can without scripture or a human teacher. All they have is His Spirit to guide them, but without His words to bring back to memory.  A tough thing to consider since we have so many references at our fingertips ... they do not.

You know as much as I think I know God's Word the more I come to the realization that I know it as well as I should. It amazes me even after all these years of being a Christian and reading His word there is always something to learn. Even if you have read the same passage over and over. Again thanks OneLight for the verse and I will remember this the next time.

3 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

You know as much as I think I know God's Word the more I come to the realization that I know it as well as I should. It amazes me even after all these years of being a Christian and reading His word there is always something to learn. Even if you have read the same passage over and over. Again thanks OneLight for the verse and I will remember this the next time.

We should always be growing in Him!  I am always finding something new from others as they have considered things I have not.  I am sure there are things you have read and considered that I have not!  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

We should always be growing in Him!  I am always finding something new from others as they have considered things I have not.  I am sure there are things you have read and considered that I have not!  :thumbsup:

For sure! :)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Jaydog1976 said:

I don't think I am supporting any message of this sort. As a matter of fact I will stand by my interpretation of Romans 1:20 as is. Man is without excuse even though they see the power of God all around them. 

And yeah why would I say a message otherwise? Wouldn't you agree that we are to believe that God exists and He is the Creator? And for sure we are to let go of anything that stands between us in the Lord. I am not sure where you are going with this.

Just to make it simple and clear

( because we are in the habit of reading the posts not only too fast, but with a righteous anger, and filtered everything with what we have in our  minds, neither me or you, or anyone else can do that and be right all the time , unless we are not only some God, but Jesus Christ who has all the knowledge and wisdom of God the Father of all). 

I stand corrected like anyone else, avoiding that I might exalt my self above the truth. 

The ultimate task is to indroduce people to the Savior Jesus Christ, by making known to them the need for a Savior, and inform them about the New Heavenly inheritance for mankind. 

The Devil has a task and is ahead of you (us). 

To teach the people you or (us) teach to believe in God, that they are OK now , they have faith in God, and they just need to get some good works, and a good consience. 

That's what they need to be Saved, and the Devil will tell them read Romans 1: and perhaps 2:,

This is the message of the Antichrist to make Believers in God to denied faith in Jesus Christ. 

Islam , Judaism, and some other philosophies, they can not tell people do not believe in God, because people want to believe in God, so they tell them what you or perhaps any one suggest without being consious about that, that they do not need Jesus Christ. 

They have faith in God , good works and a good consience. 

This a lie not just from the pit of Hell, but also from principalities on High, who have excalted them selves above Jesus Christ. 

And as a brotherly suggestion, to say "this is your opinion, and Judge something someone has said by doing a lot of rechearch, of the context and the Scriptures is an offense against the brother, and others whom you may influence not to look into that direction). 

You could have said , what is the information that you have used as a foundation to make those statements, maybe then you or me or anyone else can see in a deferent dimension. 

Please take this with a grain of salt, because it is applicable even to me. 

Because Paul or neither me or you , would like to make people believe in God with a good consience and good works, but leave them their , with the false hope that they are OK, because they are not and they need JESUS CHRIST. 

And even without the good works, and the good consience, they still are Saved because of Jesus Christ. 

By saying that , does not mean that the Savior Jesus Christ is not calling us to do good works, and have a good consience, and be good representatives of the faith. 

20 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

( because we are in the habit of reading the posts not only too fast, but with a righteous anger, and filtered everything with what we have in our  minds, neither me or you, or anyone else can do that and be right all the time , unless we are not only some God, but Jesus Christ who has all the knowledge and wisdom of God the Father of all). 

I stand corrected like anyone else, avoiding that I might exalt my self above the truth. 

The ultimate task is to indroduce people to the Savior Jesus Christ, by making known to them the need for a Savior, and inform them about the New Heavenly inheritance for mankind. 

To teach the people you or (us) teach to believe in God, that they are OK now , they have faith in God, and they just need to get some good works, and a good consience. 

That's what they need to be Saved, and the Devil will tell them read Romans 1: and perhaps 2:,

This is the message of the Antichrist to make Believers in God to denied faith in Jesus Christ. 

Islam , Judaism, and some other philosophies, they can not tell people do not believe in God, because people want to believe in God, so they tell them what you or perhaps any one suggest without being consious about that, that they do not need Jesus Christ. 

They have faith in God , good works and a good consience. 

This a lie not just from the pit of Hell, but also from principalities on High, who have excalted them selves above Jesus Christ. 

And as a brotherly suggestion, to say "this is your opinion, and Judge something someone has said by doing a lot of rechearch, of the context and the Scriptures is an offense against the brother, and others whom you may influence not to look into that direction). 

You could have said , what is the information that you have used as a foundation to make those statements, maybe then you or me or anyone else can see in a deferent dimension. 

Please take this with a grain of salt, because it is applicable even to me. 

Because Paul or neither me or you , would like to make people believe in God with a good consience and good works, but leave them their , with the false hope that they are OK, because they are not and they need JESUS CHRIST. 

And even without the good works, and the good consience, they still are Saved because of Jesus Christ. 

By saying that , does not mean that the Savior Jesus Christ is not calling us to do good works, and have a good consience, and be good representatives of the faith.

Have you considered Pauls words I quoted?  Do you understand them?

50 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I just want to make sure everyone knows that my responses were not in anger in anyway, shape or form. I do not claim to know everything in God's Word and I do not claim I have the answers to everything. I have tried to make sure that everything that I have said is supported with God's Word. I am not here to try and win an argument or debate or anything. All I can do is follow what God's Word says and I truly believe that what God says in Romans 1 is true. I also appreciate OneLight bringing out Romans 2:12-16 which I also believe to be true I just didn't think about that verse.

I don't claim to be right all the time. As a matter of fact I am willing to be corrected when I am wrong. That is how we grow.

I really hope in my responses you didn't get that impression.

With all that being said I am trying to understand why the Devil would want anyone reading Romans 1. I would think he would want people to stay away from that chapter because it teaches that man needs a savior and that man is sinful. I do agree that as believers we are to go out and preach the gospel Mark 16:15, and Matthews 28:16-20. We are commanded to. But I can assure you that the Devil does not want us to trust in Christ or the Lord. I was wondering if you might be able to support your point through some scripture. This way I might be able to see your point of view more clearly.

The message of the AntiChrist is to deceive those that are lost as well as those that claim to be saved. Jesus says in Matthew 24:24 that "For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect." While this verse may not allude to the final antichrist described in Revelation I do believe that those that are truly saved will not be deceived based upon this verse. I am not well versed in end times theology but this statement Jesus makes seems to be pretty significant. However I think this particular point goes off topic from the original posters question. So I digress.

I totally agree with you that when I state an opinion I clarify that it is my opinion. However when God's Word has an opinion that trumps my opinion and I will just state when God's opinion is. That is why I have been very good about provided references for what I have said. I am not trying to prove any point or try to win an argument. I just believe that God's Word is right on the topic of Hell being a very real place and those that do not know Christ, with the exception of what OneLight pointed out in Romans 2:12-16, will spend an eternity apart from God in Hell. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

12 hours ago, Opywang said:

Heated topic.

Of course Christians will say Hell is real, and all will go to Hell if they do not accept Christ.

I watch this video, and this video show me that maybe Hell is not as bad as the Bible claimed.

*** Removed Embedded Videos - Video are to be placed in the Video forums only, not in the threads outside of the Video Forums. ***

I know this is inappropriate discussion simply because this is a Christian site, and it has 0 tolerate if there is anything said outside the bible. 

But what if we misunderstood the Bible, and it's not what we're told.

Jesus talks about gnashing of the teeth, fire, and brimstone.

I think he was talking about the little children, and if we hurt the little children we would get hurt while we're here on Earth, and not Hell.

Hell is real yes, and when I was here on Earth my jaw has been lock open all day once, and I feel the burn many time, but I don't think everybody will go to hell because they didn't accept Christ.

This guy just save 2 children, and if he didn't become saved, and is it fair that he go to Hell after he save 2 children risking his life?

We would have to be pretty selfish, and evil if we truly believe all will go to Hell cause I don't think our God is that evil.  He is greater than that, and why would he throw away this man that save that two children, and let him burn in Hell forever?

This is just my 2 cent, and please do some research what Jesus is talking about when he mention Hell before doing any discussion.

God does not send people to hell. People are responsible for sending themselves to hell because they have denied Jesus Christ.