• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Gus said:

This comment just shows up your bigotry and intolerance. How 'you' see God and Jesus is not how everyone else in the world does.

What does it say in the bible Jesus looked like exactly?

Gus banned from thread for this comment.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, Davida said:

I was lazy on my addressing this and was hoping someone else would take on this post in specific detail and you did an excellent job SJ!  You should PM it to him, though he could read it but just not be signed in to comment. I just see the day coming when Christians that believe & adhere to the literal contextual reading of the Bible will be condemned by the majority of worldly Christians who will represent the falling away that Jesus spoke of. 

And its already began moving in that direction .   POPEY francis done said two things about ones like us , made us look dangerous .    ITS COMING davida

Kenneth and others will soon follow suit .   as their heart is enlarged with the all inclusive concepts , so too will their desires of hate be increased against us as well.

TILL it just leads to the final battle .     JUST the road we on now .      Its been trickling in and trickling in and slowly building speed and momentum.

BUT all of a sudden < ITS GOING to strike FULL on the hearts of those who are being  deceived under it .    The delusion that has been creeping in , WILL THEN FLOOD

and then ,   WELL the king and kings it led the world to do stand and call for all out war against the saints .   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

It appalls me that born again believers can defend either the book or the movie. The "13 heresies" listed here dont even scratch the surface of how bad this book is. In reality, i would say the Quran paints a more accurate portrayal of Jesus, and thats not saying much.

Throughout the book new age mysticism and universal salvation is pushed so hard, its not even funny. I can see where those not saved, or young Christians who are not yet well grounded in the faith can find this book of heresy entertaining, as it preaches a nice, feel g00d message, but that is why it is so dangerous, it presents a false gospel that is similar enough to the real gospel to trick and lead astray those who are not well versed in scripture.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 6/17/2018 at 3:31 AM, angels4u said:

Are you a born again  Christian Willie?

If so please ask the Holy Spirit to show you the truth? The book is very deceptive and it completely teaches a different gospel,it's blasphemy ! Michael Yoessoef also has a good video where he preached about this on YouTube,it's actually in the forum under Christian topics  ,it's well worth taking your time to listen to .

@Willie T Hi Willy, this was the video angels4u was referring to, as she mentioned, well worth looking into:

That being said, I want nothing to do with a transvestite "father god" who is a large black woman, or a transvestite "un holy ghost" Asian woman. This aspect of "The Shack" is often not mentioned, but none the less a part of the universalist William P. Young's falsehoods as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Newsflash:

The Shack’ Author (William P. Young) Claims Unsaved Can Still Be Reconciled to God After Death: ‘I Don’t Think Death Is Our Damnation

Snip:

"... in a recent interview that he believes people are still given chances to receive Christ’s sacrifice after death, remarking, “I don’t think the story is over just because you die.” An acquaintance of Young’s, who has long expressed concern about the popular author, says that he is saddened that some are so willing to accept such false teaching from Young."

....However, James B. DeYoung, author of “Burning Down the Shack: How the ‘Christian’ Bestseller is Deceiving Millions” and an acquaintance of William P.Young.... has written three books to counter Young’s teachings, including the aforementioned “Burning Down the Shack,” as well as “Lies Paul Young Believes About God” and “Exposing Universalism,” which also cites the beliefs of Brian McLaren and Rob Bell.

“For fourteen years I have been asserting that Paul Young advocates universal reconciliation (also known as universal salvation) in all his novels, including ‘Crossroads’ [2010] and ‘Eve’ [2015]) and the movie ‘The Shack.’ My views were generally rejected. Now the ‘genie is out of the bottle,'” he said."

Note: I read "Burning Down the Shack" a few years back. Although a bit dry, it was a well researched book in exposing William P. Young's heresies.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1

I do find it fascinating that Satan already had Mack in just the spot he wanted him.  Where he wants all of us.  He distrusted and had no desire for God because of the loss of his daughter, and was a typical do-nothing, lukewarm Christian who just attended church, touching no one for Christ.  After that weekend (whatever it was) Satan lost Mack.  The man returned to God far stronger and more in relationship with Him than he had ever been in his life.

Edited by Willie T

7 minutes ago, Davida said:

You do get there is no mack?.... :blink: 

I didn't think you understood it was simply a book a man wrote for his children to better know him.  I got the feeling so many of you were up in arms that Young was trying to rewrite the Bible, that such a thought totally escaped you.

Edited by Willie T

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, Davida said:

I get your drift & passion in your comparison , but the quran says Jesus is a prophet of allah - not Yahweh , and that Jesus comes back to break all the crosses , to KILL all the Jews and Christians because they got it wrong that Jesus really is is a Muslim prophet. So , you can't portray Jesus worse then that. But all of the portrayals are satanic counterfeits. 

You kinda missed the point...see i would still argue tue quran is more accurate...Mainly because even a young christian can tell its portrayal of Jesus is false...and it also does not teach universal salvation.

The quran does not in any way pretend to be Christian. The shack does. It makes it look like a Christian book, even throws in enough "truth" to make it look accurate, drawing people in. It makes it far more dangerous to young believers, then the quran in my opinion. The quran is a wolf...the shack is a wolf in sheeps clothing. Of the two i prefer the wolf as its easier to see coming.

• Thumbs Up 1

The closest this book comes to "teaching universalism" is the end where Willie says that Mack retains the hope that all people would turn to God.  Is that not exactly what the Bible says about God's very own wishes...… "that none would be lost?"

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Davida said:

You do get there is no mack?.... :blink: 

ED ZACH LEE.       and even if they had been,  a FALSE CONVERSION aint saving anyone .