• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

21 minutes ago, Davida said:

Your post shows the mocking attitude & it really shows the resentment &  lack of "love" you have for those who believe for the Bible and the scripture as it says it is - "God-breathed" and sharper then a two-edged sword .  

I think he's talking about how people use it rather than what it actually says. I thought his post was hilarious because I've actually seen that sort of thing. It's beyond frustrating sometimes.

When I was in that southern Gospel band touring small churches in rural KY I was amazed by the ridiculously low quality of teaching I was hearing in so many churches. In one case, the "pastor" was doing his yelling about hell and the devil and there was a group of elders in the front seat yelling stuff like "preach it!", "Come on!" and "Amen!"

Well, in one case he made some comment about Satan and how he's winning in some areas and one guy shouted "Amen!".

Yeah, It's entertainment for these people. They hear the same message with minor twists every week. You know what that gets you? It gets you what a pastor friend of mine experienced when he became pastor of one of those churches. He met people there that were in their 60's to 80's who had been going faithfully for their entire lives and couldn't tell you the difference between the old and new testaments. He decided to do some real bible teaching in his sermons. They fired him after a few months.

And yet those same people will sit there and tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about or that I'm terribly misled and God is gonna get me for false beliefs about the bible.

It actually saddens me. It would sadden me a LOT more if I believed in ECT. And that hints at why these people are always there and, oddly, always seem like not very happy people. It's almost like a disease.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

You don't care for the Rules of this Forum either - & don't submit yourself to them, that is quite telling. 

I merely posted a simple link and this forum created the video onscreen.  (It is very simple to construct a forum not to post videos.)

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Still Alive said:

What scripture are you talking about?

I am talking about the 66 books of the Bible and you know darn well what I am talking about.   You reject the Bible as God's word, and you have openly rejected its inspiration, authority and infallibility/inerrancy.   So there is no reason to play that game.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

22 minutes ago, Davida said:

Actually you were mocking them. 

Do you care about the heresies in- The Shack?  - Nope  because you are blinded I must suppose since you don't see any heresies. 

Yes. And I told my wife about them when I read the book back in 2008.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,464
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,762
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I'm locking this thread as we've discussed it.  I'm cleaning out all personal attacks within this discussion.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• George locked this topic