• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Praise God's Son Jesus Christ

The youtube video called "The leaven in the music of Hillsong United" reveals exactly how the devil (through his servants who transform themselves into the apostles of Christ), subtly deceives many into calling upon "another Jesus" (2 Cor. 11:4) instead of God's Son Jesus Christ.

I posted the video in the videos forum, but the moderator(s) evidently did not approve it. Though the video's length slightly exceeds the forum's general 20 minute limit, the edification and proof of Jesus's Word (which is the King James Bible and nowhere else today) therein ought to have far outweighed this forum's general video length restriction.

Jesus's children are to rightly divide the word of truth (2 Tim. 2:15), and are to always call upon the name of God's Son Jesus Christ for all things as commanded by Jesus (1 John 3:23, John 14:6, 14-24, 15:16, 16:24, 1 John 5:13-14, 1 Tim. 2:5), not merely the words "God", "Lord", "Spirit", or any other word whatsoever (Acts 4:10, 12, 1 Cor. 1:2).

This specifically is what Jesus is referring to when he says that we who love him keep his commandments (John 14:14-15, 21, 23), and that those who do not love Jesus keepeth not his sayings (John 14:24).

Whenever scripture says to "ask God" or "pray to God" or any of the like, Jesus's children are to do so always in the name of God's Son Jesus Christ (Col. 3:17, Eph. 5:20)...the devil is "the god of this world" (2 Cor. 4:4)...

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us (1 John 5:13-14)

this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another (1 John 3:23)

Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. (Matt. 24:4)

many  false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. (Matt. 24:11)

The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge. (Prov. 18:15)

Blessed be the name of Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Amen. Call upon Jesus Christ alone, and no other name. Not Mary, not Grandma, no other name but His

• 4 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

We must always call upon the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of God

Be careful in order not to use Jesus' name in vain.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Amen! Yes, only KJB is pure in the English language.  Thank God I never listened to Hillsong. At one site I go to, they substitute an 'e' for the 'i' when referring to them. Thanks for mentioning the video. 

I am reminded of the story that DC Talk's Kevin Max says he now follows 'the universal christ'. Another wolf in sheep's clothing, although he barely wears any kind of a christian disguise anymore. Kanye, another one.  So many today. Didn't realize MercyMe's singer was among them as shown in the video. But most CCM artists are, I guess. But I have never heard anyone say that you must pray "in the name of Jesus Christ" instead of "in the name of Jesus". 

Edited by Faith-Not-Fear
Added 2nd paragraph

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  987
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

What word did Peter literally speak out loud in Acts 3:6 ?

And why did Peter say "of Nazareth" ?

-------

Yahoshua [Numbers 13:16 in Hebrew] is the sound that Peter most likely would have said, being Hebrew.

Yahshua for short.

It is a common Hebrew name, having been foretold to be the name of the Messiah
via the right prophetic understanding of Exodus 33:11, and Numbers 13:16.

Therefore the reason Peter said "of Nazareth" is to clearly distinguish which Yahshua He was referring to.

Zechariah 6:11-12

"Speak unto Joshua and say to him.. Behold the man whose name is THE BRANCH."

Meaning the man who has the name that every one will call on to be connected to God.
The name Joshua.

It therefore became a common Hebrew name.
Joshua of Nazareth is the Messiah,
the prophesied Joshua.

To supposedly distinguish between the old testament Joshua and the Messiah, the word Jesus was invented.

(the way Peter made the distinction is by saying 'of Nazareth')

The King James version then replaced all instances of 'Joshua' with the word 'Jesus'
in the new testament, even in error; Acts 7:43-45.
Before the 1600's the word Joshua was used to refer to the Messiah. Joshua of Nazareth.

Edited by Desopixi Seilynam
answer