IGNORED

Rev. 12: Heavenly Sign to appear in 2017 - What could it mean?

rollinTHUNDER

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

On 3/19/2017 at 0:51 PM, rollinTHUNDER said:

Revelation 12: Heavenly Sign to appear in 2017 - What could it mean?
Based on the following prophecy, I believe the year 2017 could be a very interesting year.  In this post I’m going to share three reasons why I believe the passage below relates to Daniel’s 70th week.  The final seven years of this age could very possibly begin this year, in the fall of 2017.  I’m sure that some will misunderstand what I just said, so let me be perfectly clear.  The sign or wonder in the passage below will certainly appear in heaven on a certain date in 2017, but I’m not claiming that Daniel’s 70th week or the seven year peace settlement will definitely begin on that specific date.  It may begin on the same date the sign appears, but it can just as easily occur before or after the sign appears as well.  I’m not setting a date for when I believe the covenant with many will be confirmed (Dan 9:27).  I’m merely stating when the sign or wonder will appear in heaven, and what I believe it means.  With that said, let’s go straight to the scriptures

Revelation 12:1-17 (KJV) – And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. 13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. 14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. 15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. 16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.”
Shortly after I became interested in eschatology (study of end-times) in 1990, I came across a Christian forum online that discussed various topics relating to Bible prophecy.  I vividly remember one such topic that only had two schools of thought at that time.  It was Revelation 12:1-2: The woman clothed with the sun and the moon under her feet…  Some people believed the woman represented the nation of Israel, while others supported the belief that this prophecy was about the virgin Mary.  Many jumped right into the debate, trying to convince the others why their view of one or the other was correct.  No one ever seemed to convince anyone else of anything that would change their minds back then.  But that was then, and this is now, and a lot has changed in just the last ten years alone.  It now appears that both of those beliefs have become obsolete, as focus has now shifted from the woman, to the wonder or sign that is said to appear in heaven.  Now some of us realize this woman is only a part of the sign or wonder that will soon appear in heaven, and it’s a huge game changer.

Today, we know a lot more because of a unique digital program that can be downloaded onto our computers.  I have personally downloaded this program myself, which allows us to view the stars, planets and constellations in our solar system, and we can watch these heavenly bodies move about, as we click back and forth on different days, weeks, months, years, and even centuries.  Don’t worry, though, I’m not suggesting we start studying Astrology and horoscopes that God’s Word tells us not to do, but rather, I’m referring to Astronomy, which is the study of our solar system.  There’s a big difference between Astrology and Astronomy, as one focuses on self and fortune telling, while the other focuses on God and His creation.  The Bible says that even the heavens declare God’s glory and that He reveals signs and wonders.
Genesis 1:14-15 (KJV) – “And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.”
Psalm 19:1-2 (KJV) – The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
Luke 21:11 (KJV) – “And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.”
Acts 2:19 (KJV) “And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:”
Thanks to this new digital program, we now know when this wonder will appear in heaven.  It’s an extremely rare sign that will finally appear this fall, on Sept. 23, 2017.  It’s so rare that it was not seen in the last 5,000 years, and it will not be seen again in the next 1000 years.

Some pre-tribulation rapture believer’s think this sign relates to the rapture, because it appears right after the Feast of Trumpets.  However, I believe they’re going to be very disappointed, and even more-so, if what I believe it relates to occurs, because this will be the very event that finally disproves their rapture theory.  I’m going to tell you three reasons why I believe this wonder in heaven relates to the beginning of Daniel’s 70th week, which, again, are the final seven years of this age, before Christ returns.  I should point out, though, that pre-tribbers believe the rapture will occur (before) Daniel’s 70th week begins.  In other words, if these final seven years begin, and the pre-trib believers are still here with the rest of us, then their theory will be the first rapture theory proven false.  However, if they are gone (fat chance), they would be correct.
Now I’m ready to tell you three reasons why I believe this wonder relates to Daniel’s 70th week or the final seven years before Christ returns.  After reading the entire chapter, most scholars recognize the great tribulation or the second-half of the seven years in verse (14), where the woman is nourished for a time, times and half a time (3.5 yrs.).  Yet because it fails to mention anything about the time in the first-half of the seven years, before the great tribulation, many scholar’s believe this prophecy only relates to the last 3.5 years instead of the entire seven years.  However, I believe they are overlooking some key facets that do, in fact, relate directly to the first 3.5 years.  So I will now explain why I believe this prophecy is describing the entire seven years of Daniel’s 70th week (Dan. 9:27).
First, I prefer to gather all of the clues, not just some of them.  After all, who would put a puzzle together with only some of the puzzle pieces?  It’s very easy to see the woman fleeing into the wilderness for 3 1/2 years.  And that the dragon was angry with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, those who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.  But we should not forget, in verse (2) the woman was with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.  This is important, because she gives birth before she flees into the wilderness for 3.5 years.  Viewing the program I downloaded, Jupiter, the king planet was in Virgo’s womb, for 42 weeks before she gave birth.  It's interesting that forty-two weeks is the time it takes for a natural child to be born, but the 42 weeks could also represent the first-half of Daniel’s 70th week.  However, that’s hard to prove and not important, but the birth pains are important, and they come before the great tribulation begins.
We can also see that the child was born, that He was to rule all nations with a rod of iron, and that He was caught up to God, which happened nearly 2000 years ago.  So this is also the reason why many believe the first 3 1/2 years were already fulfilled, but wait just a minute.  Hold everything!  A red light is now flashing, and we should not just sweep those birth pains away.  This is where more puzzle pieces (clues) come into play.  Christ gave us many signs to watch for, so that we can be ready when He comes.  The great tribulation will begin after the abomination of desolation (Matt.24:15).  However, before He mentioned the abomination of desolation, He told us about the time of sorrows [birth pains] (Matt.24:4-14).  Many scholar’s believe the time of sorrows was already fulfilled in the 1st century, and I can see why they make a case for that, but I wholeheartedly disagree, because they are missing some puzzle pieces.  Matthew 24 was Christ’s answer about the sign of His coming, but He did not return in the 1st century, therefore none of these signs have been fulfilled.  Furthermore, the apostle Paul also left some very valuable clues about this time:
1 Thessalonian 5:1-4 (KJV)“But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.”
Notice that Paul said “as travail (birth pains) upon a woman with child.”  It seems that he is reminding us of the signs that Christ gave His disciples.’  But that’s not all.  Paul also included other clues, “For when they shall say, Peace and safety, then sudden destruction cometh…” (abomination of desolation).  Daniel’s 70th week will be a 7 year covenant with many, probably some sort of peace settlement in the Middle East, that will likely follow a war.  This would allow the time needed for Israel to rebuild the Temple and to resume animal sacrifices, which are both necessary if we are ever going to see the abomination of desolation.  Paul also told us that a falling away will also happen before the abomination of desolation (2 Thes. 2:1-4).  And just for good measure, there’s another reason I believe we’ll see the entire 7 years, which is a prophecy from Christ, Himself, that often gets overlooked, even though it has not yet been fulfilled:
John 5:43 (KJV)“I am come in my Father’s name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.”
Interestingly, it’s just weeks away from Donald Trump swearing in as the 45th president of the United States, and his predecessor, president Obama seems bent on starting a war in the Middle East that would involve Israel.  Ironically, the dispute is over Israel building housing settlements in what is known today as the West Bank, which Israel re-captured from Jordan during the 6th Day War in 1967.  But what surprises me is that in the 1st century, this disputed land was called Samaria and Judea, the very same land that Christ warned that those who live in Judea should immediately flee to the mountains when they see the abomination of desolation.  I highly doubt that Israel would ever receive anyone like Obama, but Trump could very easily become the one that Israel will receive in his own name, and it already appears that Israel can hardly wait until January 20th arrives, when Trump who supports Israel, will finally be sworn in.

The second reason I believe this wonder/sign in heaven points to Daniel’s 70th week is because of the Lord’s appointed times.  Christ already fulfilled the Spring Feasts (Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits & Pentecost) during His first Advent in the 1st century.  So I believe He will also fulfill the Fall Feasts (Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement & Feast of Tabernacles) when He returns, which I discussed at length in the last chapter in my book.  This tells me that He will be returning in the fall.  And knowing that He will return in the fall, and that the covenant will be seven years in duration, this leads me to believe that the seven year covenant will both, begin in the fall and end in the fall seven years later.  And if this is the case, this also tells me that the abomination of desolation will occur sometime in the middle of the seven years, during the Spring Feasts, when the son of perdition will put a stop to the daily sacrifices, and ultimately declare himself to be God.
Daniel 9:27 (KJV) – And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.”
2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 (KJV) – “Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.”
And finally, the third reason I believe Daniel’s 70th week will very possibly begin in the fall of 2017, is because this time frame also fits in nicely with God’s Jubilee year cycle.  I can’t tell you all that happened in Israel during the Jubilee years dating back to 3500 years ago, but beginning with the Balfour Declaration in 1917, the Jews were finally allowed to begin returning back to the Holy Land for the first time since the first century, when they were scattered abroad in 70 AD.   Amazing, after being scattered in all of the nations of the earth for over 1900 years, Israel finally became a nation again in 1948!  A Jubilee year occurs every 50 years, when all debts were to be forgiven and slaves set free.  Well, fast-forward 50 years after the Balour Declaration in 1917 and we come to the year 1967, which just happens to be the year Israel re-captured the city of Jerusalem, and this city remains under Israeli control today.  And now fast-forward another 50 years from 1967, and we can expect the next Jubilee year to occur in 2017, and it will likely lead to something very significant happening as well, that relates to the nation of Israel.  After connecting all of these dots, it appears the year 2017 will be very interesting, indeed!

That all creation is testifying so no one will have an excuse:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/2/2017 at 5:11 AM, Limey_Bob said:

Wow, this is a fascinating post and extremely well researched too! To be honest with you, a lot of eschatology is above my pay grace (i.e. extremely difficult for a simpleton like me)! The Jews had the first Zionist conference in 1897 (120 years ago), the gentile nations of the UN voted to create Israel in 1947 (70 years ago), and Arabs had conference discuss destroying Israel in 1997 (20 years ago). A rabbi (Judah Ben Samuel I think), in 1217 prophesied that the Turks would control Jerusalem for 400 years, you'd then have a no-man's land for one 50 year jubilee, then the Jews would control Jerusalem, and then the messiah (which i'd say to a Jew would actually be the false messiah) would come at the end of the next jubilee (2017-2018). The Turks captured Jerusalem in 1517 (the year of the start of the reformation), they lost it in 1917 to General Allenby (the same year as the Fatima prophecy), the Muslims had a prophecy that when the waters of the Nile water Jerusalem, then Islam will lose control over Jerusalem. But in 1917 Allenby's army had lots of horses and few mechanised vehicles, so as Allenby marched from Egypt to Jerusalem, his engineers built a pipeline from the Nile to water the troops and horses as they marched towards Jerusalem, at the end they put the pipeline into the cities water supply and the Muslims, seeing that prophecy fulfilled, surrendered the city in 1917 without a fight! Fatima happened in the same year (1917), and it's the centenary of that famous event this year, an event which I believe was possibly demonic, (no offence is meant to our Catholic friends).  However, a sign in the sky at Fatima has been suggested by many people, as some second (modern day) miracle sign of Fatima - and so that might happen this year!

I personally believe that 2017-2018 is significant, I extend this to 2018, as the Jewish New Year doesn't begin in January as our secular calendar does. So in my opinion; 2017-2018 will mark the end of the Protestant Reformation, possibly due to some joining of various Protestant denominations with Roman Catholicism, and quite possibly due to some major event in Israel; such as a nuclear war, or the destruction of the two mosques on temple mount, or the rebuilding of the temple. Either way, sadly, I'd see the reformation as finished, for most Protestant church leaders have sold the gospel and Christ, out by totally compromising with Rome. Let's face it the Jesuits now run everything, the Pope is a Jesuit, and many apostate protestant church leaders, especially famous TV preachers are under their control. As for Fatima, I've seen a YouTube video of a supposed apparition of the "blessed virgin" in Africa, it was so frightening and creepy, that it made the Exorcist look like Mary Poppins! I am convinced that the last days deception, will be a world-wide fake apparition of possibly Mary or more likely Aliens, human DNA will soon be able to be upgraded, this new DNA linked to the internet and the banking system, and this will be the mark of the beast, for people who are no longer truly human (due to upgraded DNA), will be unable to be saved, for Christ died on the cross for human beings, and not some DNA upgraded humans version 2.0!

We are truly on the verge of something both tremendous and horrible. Sadly, the people who will be most easy to deceive will be most church people, who seem to be spiritually blind to the deceptions about them inside their own churches, which church leaders themselves promote and which cowardly congregants refuse to rebuke and refute.

This is Astrology. Don't buy into it brother. The Prophecy in Rev. 12 is about Israel fleeing into the Wilderness when Satan is kicked out of Heaven at the 3.5 Year mark of the Tribulation period. The prophecy has NOTHING to do with Israel (Woman) have a baby (Jesus) and the Dragon (trying to kill the Baby via Herod). That is all past events. These events are told to set up the TRUE PROPHECY via a CODE since you couldn't have John telling the Church that God was going to protect Israel, since Rome had just destroyed the Temple and the City of Jerusalem, that would have been seen by Rome as SEDITION. The CODE was set, then we have to research the Old Testament to figure out the Code (Genesis 37:9). After research we see that the WOMAN is Israel and we now understand Israel has the male-child, whom the Dragon tries to kill, but of course an Angel warned Joseph and Mary and they fled to Egypt. Then of course the male-child Jesus ascended unto Heaven. 

All of this a "SIGN IN HEAVEN" is clearly from Astrology. I have researched it. Plus they fib, a professor has researched this and found this has happened Four times in just the last 1000 years. This is Astrology, it is not of God. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

18 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

This is Astrology. Don't buy into it brother. The Prophecy in Rev. 12 is about Israel fleeing into the Wilderness when Satan is kicked out of Heaven at the 3.5 Year mark of the Tribulation period. The prophecy has NOTHING to do with Israel (Woman) have a baby (Jesus) and the Dragon (trying to kill the Baby via Herod). That is all past events. These events are told to set up the TRUE PROPHECY via a CODE since you couldn't have John telling the Church that God was going to protect Israel, since Rome had just destroyed the Temple and the City of Jerusalem, that would have been seen by Rome as SEDITION. The CODE was set, then we have to research the Old Testament to figure out the Code (Genesis 37:9). After research we see that the WOMAN is Israel and we now understand Israel has the male-child, whom the Dragon tries to kill, but of course an Angel warned Joseph and Mary and they fled to Egypt. Then of course the male-child Jesus ascended unto Heaven. 

All of this a "SIGN IN HEAVEN" is clearly from Astrology. I have researched it. Plus they fib, a professor has researched this and found this has happened Four times in just the last 1000 years. This is Astrology, it is not of God. 

Learn the difference between astrology and astronomy.  The Revelation 12 wonder or sign in heaven is biblical.  Nuff said.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I do not think that Revelation 12 has anything at all to do with this year 2017. But it does have something to do with what is happening in the world during the seven year tribulation which is still future.

I have wondered what may happen during the solar eclipse but that is just my human mind at work nothing else.

30 minutes ago, rollinTHUNDER said:

Learn the difference between astrology and astronomy.  The Revelation 12 wonder or sign in heaven is biblical.  Nuff said.

So he got the word wrong. So what. I knew he meant;  astronomy. He has everything else right that he put forth! 

It certainly is not in the same category  or as grave an error as your postulating  that rev. 12 infers a wonder or a sign!!  

On 8/8/2017 at 6:23 PM, Abdicate said:

But that was then, and this is now, and a lot has changed in just the last ten years alone.  It now appears that both of those beliefs have become obsolete, as focus has now shifted from the woman, to the wonder or sign that is said to appear in heaven.  Now some of us realize this woman is only a part of the sign or wonder that will soon appear in heaven, and it’s a huge game changer.

Who says it has become obsolete? Not in my camp nor in any other camp that interprets scripture correctly! The meaning of prophecy hasnt changed. There are some big  problems with your "assumption " .You simply cannot ignore scripture. 

How can the woman be part of a sign or wonder when the woman  has brought forth the man child (Jesus) who is with the Father right now ?  Rev 12:5

How does  a "sign and wonder" flee into the wilderness for almost 3 1/2 yrs ?   Rev 12:6

The woman is Israel and that has not changed.

Since I am on a roll here ; How did we miss the world especially the jews mourning because they saw Christ in his glory coming in the clouds for his remnant?

How  did we miss all the seals and trumpets ?  Oh and I must have been napping when the two witnesses were slain!  The nations went to see them laying in the street and I missed that too?  Wow!   That was a really long nap.

Yes, Im am being facetious but it is appropriate here given the obvious tone you have set. Your  false thinking is treating Gods word with extreme disrespect!!  God has warned about adding to his prophecies and you need to repent! 

Rev 22: 18I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book. 20He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!…

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/9/2017 at 11:49 PM, Blueyedjewel said:

So he got the word wrong. So what. I knew he meant;  astronomy. He has everything else right that he put forth! 

It certainly is not in the same category  or as grave an error as your postulating  that rev. 12 infers a wonder or a sign!!  

No, it is Astrology. Its reading the Stars via the Babylonian practice of Astrology. Venus, Jupiter, Mars and Mercury are all a part of this bogus event. I will detail all of these Planets association with Astrology at the BOTTOM, but first is a REAL Astronomers/Professors study of this, for one he says he searched back 1000 years and found that this has happened at least four times before, and it not 12 Stars, its actually many more stars and it uses these Planets instead of Stars, only 9 Stars are used, NOT 12. Here is his blog that disproves this and he calls it ASTROLOGY.

By Christoper. M. Graney

One day last fall I was working in my office when my desk phone rang.  It was a reader of The Catholic Astronomer, calling me with a question.  He asked why the Vatican Observatory blog was full of discussion on black holes or whatnot, when there was something much more momentous to talk about.

It turns out that the momentous thing to which my caller was referring was an arrangement of celestial bodies that will occur this year (2017) on September 23.  On that date, according to various Internet sources, the heavens themselves will be a tableau of Revelation 12:

A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.  She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth.…  She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod.

On September 23, 2017 the sun will be in the ZODIAC constellation Virgo—“a woman clothed with the sun”.  The moon will be at the feet of Virgo—“with the moon under her feet”.  The ‘nine’ stars of the zodiac constellation Leo, plus three planets (Mercury, Venus, and Mars), will be at the head of Virgo—“on her head a crown of twelve stars”.  The planet Jupiter will be in the center of Virgo, and as the weeks pass after September 23 Jupiter will exit Virgo to the east, past her feet, so to speak—“She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth”.  Jupiter is the largest of the planets, the “king” of the planets, so to speak—“She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod”.  Must this not be a sign of something momentous, like the Internet sources say?

Now, I know that the readers of this blog are diverse.  People with interest in astronomy are a diverse group!  And you all will have diverse reactions to this question.  Some of you are probably saying right now, “what a bunch of nonsense!”  Others of you may be thinking that my caller had a good point, and you would like to learn more.  Fortunately, I am a community college professor!  Community college people are the ‘A-Team’ of the academic world (as in B.A., Hannibal, and the crew from the T.V. show and the movie—who are tougher than anyone else and able to save the day using duct tape, PVC pipe, and a butane lighter).  We thrive on diversity!  No question phases us!  We know that there are a lot of smart people out there who have not had much formal education in a topic like astronomy, and that interest in questions like this reflects a basic interest in astronomy combined with interest in religion and scripture.  My caller was familiar with the Stellarium sky software.  He could call up the skies of September 23, 2017 on Stellarium and see for himself that this celestial arrangement was a real thing.  His was a reasonable question.  Scientists need to be able to answer questions people have like this one, without treating the questions as nonsense, because the questions will not go away just because they are dismissed.  And thus before long I was having a nice conversation with the caller, and I ended up telling him I would look into his question, and write a post on this topic.  But I said it was unlikely to be the post he was looking for.  He was OK with that.

And so, Mr. Caller: (Here's is his studious answer)

First, in one year, thanks to the Earth’s annual orbit, the sun travels the entirety of the ecliptic, and thus passes through every one of the 12 constellations of the zodiac.  The sun is in Virgo every September.  Second, in one month the moon goes through its cycle of phases, and travels the entirety of the ecliptic, and thus passes through every constellation of the ZODIAC—all owed to the period of the moon’s orbit being one month.  Therefore there is always a day or two every year when the sun is in Virgo and the moon is just to the east of Virgo (just past the “feet”).  So, the celestial “woman clothed with the sun with the moon at her feet” is as common in September as is the U.S.’s Labor Day.

But what of the crown of twelve “stars,” comprised of three planets and the nine stars of LEO?  The response to this question is another question—why nine stars in Leo?  There are many more than nine stars in Leo.  Those nine are just brighter ones that are often depicted as comprising the general outline or shape of the constellation.  But in fact there are scads of stars in Leo and surrounding the “head” of Virgo.

And not all depictions of Leo show those nine as its outline.  Some show the outline of Leo as consisting of ten stars, for example.  That would give Virgo a crown of thirteen stars here!

And yes, multiple planets being at Virgo’s head while Jupiter is in Virgo’s center and the moon is at Virgo’s feet is somewhat unusual.  But it is not that unusual.  The period of Jupiter’s orbit is a little less than twelve years, and therefore Jupiter will be in Virgo (with the sun there, too, and the moon at the feet) once every eleven or twelve years.

So the sun in Virgo, the moon at Virgo’s “feet”, and Jupiter in the constellation are regular occurrences.  This leaves the planets at the “head” (the number depending on the number of stars granted to Leo) as the determining factor in making a “momentous” celestial arrangement.  Indeed, while various Internet sources speak of the specific celestial arrangement here as being “unique in human history” or “once in 7000 years”, in fact it is not unique to September 23, 2017.  This basic arrangement happened before—in September 1827, in September 1483, in September 1293, and in September 1056.  These are all shown at the end of this post.  I only searched back one thousand years, from 2017 to 1017—there are undoubtedly other examples outside of that time period, and probably a couple examples that I missed within that time period.

No doubt someone could go diving into the history books to scrounge up some events from 1827, 1483, 1293, and 1056 that the September skies of those years supposedly foretold.  That’s the way it is with ASTROLOGY.  A person reads his or her daily horoscope and finds that it says “obstacles will be placed in your path today.”  Then, that person picks those instances of getting stuck in traffic, or in a long line at the grocery store, or wherever, and says “hey, that horoscope was right,” when of course we all encounter such things every day.

It is true that astrology—reading the heavens for signs—is something astronomers used to believe was valid (or, my guess is that many of them pretended to believe it was valid, because it paid the bills).  But astrology has been found to have no more scientific basis than Harry Potter’s wand.  It doesn’t work (something that does not seem to hinder its popularity).  If astrology had anything going for it, astronomers would not need to go begging for money to fund astronomical research.  We could just use our astronomical knowledge to divine which way the stock market was going, invest accordingly, become “astronomically” wealthy, and fund astronomical research from our surplus.  As it is, watching the heavens for signs of what is to come is a waste of time.  And it is doubly a waste of time because “signs in the sky” appeal, for some reason, to all sorts of people out there—all of whom can use Stellarium to find this or that momentous “sign” signifying whatever they want to signify.

And that is why astronomers ignore the seemingly momentous celestial arrangement of September 23, 2017, and talk instead about black holes or whatnot.

About Christopher M. Graney

Christopher M. Graney is professor of physics and astronomy at Jefferson Community & Technical College in Louisville, Kentucky (USA), where he helps keep the college’s observatory running. For some years now his research focus has been the history of astronomy.

On his site you can see the PICTURES(Computer Generated) of the Various Years he mentioned via his Computer generated program.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As per the Planets involved and what they mean in Astrology.

Venus is the Goddess of Love. In Astrology, Venus has dual rulership over Libra and Taurus. As a result, Venus represents two main areas of our life: love and money. “Love and money” is actually a simplistic interpretation of Venus. ... Grace, charm, and beauty are all ruled by Venus.

Jupiter, the King of the Gods, is the ruler of Sagittarius. In Astrology, Jupiter is a planet of plenty. It is tolerant and expansive. The first of the social planets, Jupiter seeks insight through knowledge. Some of this planet’s keywords include morality, gratitude, hope, honor, and the law. Jupiter is a planet of broader purpose, reach, and possibility.

Mars, the God of War, is the ruler of Aries. In astrology, Mars is the planet of energy, action, and desire. It is the survival instinct, and can be thought of as the “leftover” animal nature of man. Mars rules our animal instincts for aggression, anger, and survival. Our sexual desires come under the rule of Mars.

Mercury, Messenger of the gods, in Astrology/Zodiac. Mercury. Mercury, the messenger of the gods, is the ruler of Gemini and Virgo. Mercury is the messenger in Astrology as it is in Mythology. It is the planet of day-to-day expression and communication.

I hope this puts this Rev. 12 notion to rest. The verses in Rev. 12:1-5 are not a PROPHECY....Its giving us a Code to figure out the clues needed to decipher the PROPHECY in Rev. 12:6-17, which is the actual PROPHECY.

We see a SIGN IN HEAVEN in Rev. 15 also.........Rev. 15:1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

RECKON THIS IS ANOTHER ALIGNMENT OF STARS? A Sign means a Vision of course. This stuff about Sep. 23 is Bogus and it is Astrology.

Edited by Revelation Man

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

we should know by the end of the year one way or the other...   but I will say that if ET's are disclosed in the later part of the year, I would hope Bible readers would put things together and not fall for any deception we are expected to accept.

9 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

No, it is Astrology. Its reading the Stars via the Babylonian practice of Astrology. Venus, Jupiter, Mars and Mercury are all a part of this bogus event. I will detail all of these Planets association with Astrology at the BOTTOM, but first is a REAL Astronomers/Professors study of this, for one he says he searched back 1000 years and found that this has happened at least four times before, and it not 12 Stars, its actually many more stars and it uses these Planets instead of Stars, only 9 Stars are used, NOT 12. Here is his blog that disproves this and he calls it ASTROLOGY.

By Christoper. M. Graney

One day last fall I was working in my office when my desk phone rang.  It was a reader of The Catholic Astronomer, calling me with a question.  He asked why the Vatican Observatory blog was full of discussion on black holes or whatnot, when there was something much more momentous to talk about.

It turns out that the momentous thing to which my caller was referring was an arrangement of celestial bodies that will occur this year (2017) on September 23.  On that date, according to various Internet sources, the heavens themselves will be a tableau of Revelation 12:

A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.  She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth.…  She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod.

On September 23, 2017 the sun will be in the zodiac constellation Virgo—“a woman clothed with the sun”.  The moon will be at the feet of Virgo—“with the moon under her feet”.  The ‘nine’ stars of the zodiac constellation Leo, plus three planets (Mercury, Venus, and Mars), will be at the head of Virgo—“on her head a crown of twelve stars”.  The planet Jupiter will be in the center of Virgo, and as the weeks pass after September 23 Jupiter will exit Virgo to the east, past her feet, so to speak—“She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth”.  Jupiter is the largest of the planets, the “king” of the planets, so to speak—“She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod”.  Must this not be a sign of something momentous, like the Internet sources say?

Now, I know that the readers of this blog are diverse.  People with interest in astronomy are a diverse group!  And you all will have diverse reactions to this question.  Some of you are probably saying right now, “what a bunch of nonsense!”  Others of you may be thinking that my caller had a good point, and you would like to learn more.  Fortunately, I am a community college professor!  Community college people are the ‘A-Team’ of the academic world (as in B.A., Hannibal, and the crew from the T.V. show and the movie—who are tougher than anyone else and able to save the day using duct tape, PVC pipe, and a butane lighter).  We thrive on diversity!  No question phases us!  We know that there are a lot of smart people out there who have not had much formal education in a topic like astronomy, and that interest in questions like this reflects a basic interest in astronomy combined with interest in religion and scripture.  My caller was familiar with the Stellarium sky software.  He could call up the skies of September 23, 2017 on Stellarium and see for himself that this celestial arrangement was a real thing.  His was a reasonable question.  Scientists need to be able to answer questions people have like this one, without treating the questions as nonsense, because the questions will not go away just because they are dismissed.  And thus before long I was having a nice conversation with the caller, and I ended up telling him I would look into his question, and write a post on this topic.  But I said it was unlikely to be the post he was looking for.  He was OK with that.

And so, Mr. Caller: (Here's is his studious answer)

First, in one year, thanks to the Earth’s annual orbit, the sun travels the entirety of the ecliptic, and thus passes through every one of the 12 constellations of the zodiac.  The sun is in Virgo every September.  Second, in one month the moon goes through its cycle of phases, and travels the entirety of the ecliptic, and thus passes through every constellation of the ZODIAC—all owed to the period of the moon’s orbit being one month.  Therefore there is always a day or two every year when the sun is in Virgo and the moon is just to the east of Virgo (just past the “feet”).  So, the celestial “woman clothed with the sun with the moon at her feet” is as common in September as is the U.S.’s Labor Day.

But what of the crown of twelve “stars,” comprised of three planets and the nine stars of LEO?  The response to this question is another question—why nine stars in Leo?  There are many more than nine stars in Leo.  Those nine are just brighter ones that are often depicted as comprising the general outline or shape of the constellation.  But in fact there are scads of stars in Leo and surrounding the “head” of Virgo.

And not all depictions of Leo show those nine as its outline.  Some show the outline of Leo as consisting of ten stars, for example.  That would give Virgo a crown of thirteen stars here!

And yes, multiple planets being at Virgo’s head while Jupiter is in Virgo’s center and the moon is at Virgo’s feet is somewhat unusual.  But it is not that unusual.  The period of Jupiter’s orbit is a little less than twelve years, and therefore Jupiter will be in Virgo (with the sun there, too, and the moon at the feet) once every eleven or twelve years.

So the sun in Virgo, the moon at Virgo’s “feet”, and Jupiter in the constellation are regular occurrences.  This leaves the planets at the “head” (the number depending on the number of stars granted to Leo) as the determining factor in making a “momentous” celestial arrangement.  Indeed, while various Internet sources speak of the specific celestial arrangement here as being “unique in human history” or “once in 7000 years”, in fact it is not unique to September 23, 2017.  This basic arrangement happened before—in September 1827, in September 1483, in September 1293, and in September 1056.  These are all shown at the end of this post.  I only searched back one thousand years, from 2017 to 1017—there are undoubtedly other examples outside of that time period, and probably a couple examples that I missed within that time period.

No doubt someone could go diving into the history books to scrounge up some events from 1827, 1483, 1293, and 1056 that the September skies of those years supposedly foretold.  That’s the way it is with ASTROLOGY.  A person reads his or her daily horoscope and finds that it says “obstacles will be placed in your path today.”  Then, that person picks those instances of getting stuck in traffic, or in a long line at the grocery store, or wherever, and says “hey, that horoscope was right,” when of course we all encounter such things every day.

It is true that astrology—reading the heavens for signs—is something astronomers used to believe was valid (or, my guess is that many of them pretended to believe it was valid, because it paid the bills).  But astrology has been found to have no more scientific basis than Harry Potter’s wand.  It doesn’t work (something that does not seem to hinder its popularity).  If astrology had anything going for it, astronomers would not need to go begging for money to fund astronomical research.  We could just use our astronomical knowledge to divine which way the stock market was going, invest accordingly, become “astronomically” wealthy, and fund astronomical research from our surplus.  As it is, watching the heavens for signs of what is to come is a waste of time.  And it is doubly a waste of time because “signs in the sky” appeal, for some reason, to all sorts of people out there—all of whom can use Stellarium to find this or that momentous “sign” signifying whatever they want to signify.

And that is why astronomers ignore the seemingly momentous celestial arrangement of September 23, 2017, and talk instead about black holes or whatnot.

About Christopher M. Graney

Christopher M. Graney is professor of physics and astronomy at Jefferson Community & Technical College in Louisville, Kentucky (USA), where he helps keep the college’s observatory running. For some years now his research focus has been the history of astronomy.

On his site you can see the PICTURES(Computer Generated) of the Various Years he mentioned via his Computer generated program.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As per the Planets involved and what they mean in Astrology.

Venus is the Goddess of Love. In Astrology, Venus has dual rulership over Libra and Taurus. As a result, Venus represents two main areas of our life: love and money. “Love and money” is actually a simplistic interpretation of Venus. ... Grace, charm, and beauty are all ruled by Venus.

Jupiter, the King of the Gods, is the ruler of Sagittarius. In Astrology, Jupiter is a planet of plenty. It is tolerant and expansive. The first of the social planets, Jupiter seeks insight through knowledge. Some of this planet’s keywords include morality, gratitude, hope, honor, and the law. Jupiter is a planet of broader purpose, reach, and possibility.

Mars, the God of War, is the ruler of Aries. In astrology, Mars is the planet of energy, action, and desire. It is the survival instinct, and can be thought of as the “leftover” animal nature of man. Mars rules our animal instincts for aggression, anger, and survival. Our sexual desires come under the rule of Mars.

Mercury, Messenger of the gods, in Astrology/Zodiac. Mercury. Mercury, the messenger of the gods, is the ruler of Gemini and Virgo. Mercury is the messenger in Astrology as it is in Mythology. It is the planet of day-to-day expression and communication.

I hope this puts this Rev. 12 notion to rest. The verses 12:1-5 is not a PROPHECY....Its giving us a Code to figure out the clues needed to decipher the PROPHECY in Rev. 12:6-17, which is the actual PROPHECY.

We see a SIGN IN HEAVEN in Rev. 15 also.........Rev. 15:1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

RECKON THIS IS ANOTHER ALIGNMENT OF STARS? A Sign mean a Vision of course. This stuff about Sep. 23 is Bogus and it is Astrology.

You said:

"The verses 12:1-5 is not a PROPHECY....Its giving us a Code to figure out the clues needed to decipher the PROPHECY in Rev. 12:6-17, which is the actual PROPHECY."

Rev is not prophecy eh? That is  just sheer foolishness  that you argue with the LORD because he said it not I!  LOL

Rev 22"18I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book. 20He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!…

You wrote many words many of which are not even yours but that certainly did nothing but prove to me  GODS WORD STILL STANDS.   WE dont need MEN who are  leaning on their own understanding through vain babble  to understand what the scriptures re teaching us.  

I proved this  wrong with the word of God .  Stars dont have people running for the hills nor does a star bring for the  [man child] ie the savior of the world that sits at the right hand of the Father! !  Why didnt you address all THOSE THINGS that I pointed out?  LOL  This thread is foolishness. I wont strive with absolute nonsense. I am blown away at what people come up with in their natural minds  that altogether ignores SCRIPTURE.

People that are led astray with these signs and wonder and codes and numerology AWAY FROM the word of God are in grave danger . I  didnt say it; God did!  Every single one will be held accountable. That should not only give you pause but should  TERRIFY YOU because God has the power to destroy your body and your soul!!!!  

Deut4:19"And beware not to lift up your eyes to heaven and see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the host of heaven,and be drawn away and worship them and serve them, those which the LORD your God has allotted to all the peoples under the whole heaven.

Colossians2: 8See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on CHRIST

Matthew 24:11 10At that time many will fall away and will betray and hate one another, 11and many false prophets will arise and mislead many.12Because of the multiplication of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold.…

Matthew 7:15Matthew 7:15
Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

Rev 22"18I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book. 20He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!…

Study to make yourself approved so that you are not ashamed. 2Tim 2:15

Heavenly Father,

I pray that all  vain babble that is brought forth by all men and women who bring codes and numerology and astrology  that opposes your word will fall dead to the floor . Not one person will hear or see not even one word!  Lord protect your sheep from those who have gone astray from your word. In Jesus Christ  majestic name,Amen! 

I shake the dust from my feet.....

29 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Actually, I didn't say that... you chose to quote me, but selected   rollinTHUNDER's words instead...

Sorry about that. Ill fix it when time permits. Thank you for bringing that to my attention! 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

:huh: