IGNORED

Rev. 12: Heavenly Sign to appear in 2017 - What could it mean?

rollinTHUNDER

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, OldCoot said:

Does it foretell anything? Have no clue.  I am still checking out the research and analysis done by folks that are talking about this stuff to see how much validity there is in the idea.  While I am not sold on the idea yet, it is still fascinating.

Proverbs 18:13 (NKJV) He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him.

The people trying to make this some kind of prophecy for us today, are misapplying an event that is a sign that occurs in the middle of Jacob's Trouble (the Tribulation)  Revelation 12 is not going to occur on Sept. 23rd.  Revelation 12 is about God's protection of Israel during the Tribulation and we are clearly not in the Tribulation period.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

26 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The people trying to make this some kind of prophecy for us today, are misapplying an event that is a sign that occurs in the middle of Jacob's Trouble (the Tribulation)  Revelation 12 is not going to occur on Sept. 23rd.  Revelation 12 is about God's protection of Israel during the Tribulation and we are clearly not in the Tribulation period.

May be in October....... 

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, other one said:

May be in October....... 

No, it is not going to be in october.  People need to read the book of Revelation to understand what has to come before the Tribulation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, George said:

Just so you know -- this is what the Star of Bethelem documentary talked about as a sign in 3 B.C.  The documentary was done in 2007 or 2008.  And when the documentary came out -- people were saying to me that the Rapture was going to take place in 2010 because of the 7-year tribulation cycle.  In the midst of the cycle -- Passover 2014 was the 1st blood red moon.  3 1/2 years later was this sign in the heavens indicating the Lord's return.

http://www.bethlehemstar.com/starry-dance/coronation/

http://www.bethlehemstar.com/starry-dance/the-birth-of-a-king/

http://www.bethlehemstar.com/starry-dance/westward-leading/

http://www.bethlehemstar.com/starry-dance/to-stop-a-star/

So you know, this has been on my radar for years.  What do we make of it?  I believe it's best to know THAT IT IS COMING -- instead of PREDICTING WHAT WILL COME. 

Thanks for the links, George.  A friend of mine at work and I discuss this topic from various viewpoints and this will help.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Where are you getting your information from?

I only recently became interested in this topic by seeing some stuff from a few guys.  One was Scott Clarke, who probably did the most detailed breakdown of the astronomical alignment details of any of them.  Clarke, along with Casper McCleod, Trey Smith, and others have stuff along this line up on YouTube.  I think Clarke's stuff is worth looking at.  Not sure I buy the package about it, but it is fascinating.

Edited by OldCoot

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

55 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

So Israel (Jacob) is going to give birth in the middle of Jacob's Trouble?  That is a new twist on the text I haven't heard before.

Edited by OldCoot

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I gotta say Old Coot -- that's one bizarre avatar! :)

While everyone is looking at the one sign -- but there's a significant portion not really discussed.

Rev 12:7  And there was war in Heaven. Michael and his angels warring against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels warred, 
Rev 12:8  but did not prevail. Nor was 
place found for them in Heaven any more. 
Rev 12:9  And the great dragon was cast out, the old serpent called Devil, and Satan, who deceives the whole world. He was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 

If you have the birth -- then you have the onslaught of evil coming to this world like we've never seen.

Rev 12:10  And I heard a great voice saying in Heaven, Now has come the salvation and power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ. For the accuser of our brothers is cast down, who accused them before our God day and night. 
Rev 12:11  And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb, and because of the word of their testimony. And they did not love their soul until death. 
Rev 12:12  Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and those tabernacling in them. Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and in the sea! For the Devil came down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has but a little time. 
Rev 12:13  And when the dragon saw that he was cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who bore the man child . 
Rev 12:14  And two wings of a great eagle were given to the woman, so that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the serpent's face. 
Rev 12:15  And the serpent cast out of his mouth water like a flood after the woman, so that he might cause her to be carried away by the river. 
Rev 12:16  And the earth helped the woman. And the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river which the dragon cast out of his mouth. 
Rev 12:17  And the dragon was enraged over the woman, and went to make war with the rest of her seed, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. 

So I don't believe you can separate verses 1-6 without discussing verses 7-17.  If it were possible the question you may want to ask yourself -- Would you be willing to die for the Lord today?  If not, then you need to stop focusing on the day of Sept 23rd -- and focus on where you in your walk with the Lord!

God bless,

George

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, George said:

Would you be willing to die for the Lord today?  If not, then you need to stop focusing on the day of Sept 23rd -- and focus on where you in your walk with the Lord!

The crux of the matter.  True of any eschatological topic.

• Followers:  15
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, George said:

Just so you know -- this is what the Star of Bethelem documentary talked about as a sign in 3 B.C.  The documentary was done in 2007 or 2008.  And when the documentary came out -- people were saying to me that the Rapture was going to take place in 2010 because of the 7-year tribulation cycle.  In the midst of the cycle -- Passover 2014 was the 1st blood red moon.  3 1/2 years later was this sign in the heavens indicating the Lord's return.

http://www.bethlehemstar.com/starry-dance/coronation/

http://www.bethlehemstar.com/starry-dance/the-birth-of-a-king/

http://www.bethlehemstar.com/starry-dance/westward-leading/

http://www.bethlehemstar.com/starry-dance/to-stop-a-star/

So you know, this has been on my radar for years.  What do we make of it?  I believe it's best to know THAT IT IS COMING -- instead of PREDICTING WHAT WILL COME.  

If we're watching, may we be like Simeon and Anna,

Luk 2:25  Now there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon, and this man was righteous and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him. 
Luk 2:26  And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ. 
Luk 2:27  And he came in the Spirit into the temple, and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him according to the custom of the Law, 
Luk 2:28  he took him up in his arms and blessed God and said, 
Luk 2:29  "Lord, now you are letting your servant depart in peace, according to your word; 
Luk 2:30  for my eyes have seen your salvation 
Luk 2:31  that you have prepared in the presence of all peoples, 
Luk 2:32  a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to your people Israel." 
Luk 2:33  And his father and his mother marveled at what was said about him. 
Luk 2:34  And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, "Behold, this child is appointed for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is opposed 
Luk 2:35  (and a sword will pierce through your own soul also), so that thoughts from many hearts may be revealed." 
Luk 2:36  And there was a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was advanced in years, having lived with her husband seven years from when she was a virgin, 
Luk 2:37  and then as a widow until she was eighty-four. She did not depart from the temple, worshiping with fasting and prayer night and day. 
Luk 2:38  And coming up at that very hour she began to give thanks to God and to speak of him to all who were waiting for the redemption of Jerusalem. 

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

Amen brother, I'm blessed by that reminder about Anna and Simeon.  And thank you for that about the same sign before Jesus' birth.  What has been will be again and there is nothing new under the sun.......gives us a hint that we can expect that His second appearing will be a similar pattern as His first.  Other similarities.....darkness and scattering of the sheep....and also another reason why Rome is on the radar, as well.

For all of us, we should not be too surprised that there are signs in the heavenlies since Jesus said there would be.......to me it confirms how late the hour is along with everything else that is happening.  As long as we don't get distracted by the signs, but let them remind us all how urgent it is to preach and share and witness the gospel while there is still a little time left.

Just some thoughts, but I wonder if we sometimes confuse the tribulation with the wrath...?  Some scriptures are describing wrath, some describe the tribulation, and I do not find it easy at all to rightly divide between the two.  And it is possible there is some overlap as the time of His appearing approaches.....perhaps......it might be something to consider because it might also help explain some of the confusion.....like where it says "do not touch the oil and the wine"  and Rev.9:4  "And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads."

We will be taken up when He comes, having been purified in the tribulation, but kept from the hour of trial that will come upon the whole world (wrath).  We are promised that in this world we will have tribulation, and if they persecuted our Teacher they will persecute us too because we are not greater than He.......but we are not appointed to wrath, it is the world which is appointed to wrath. We will not be touched by the vials of His wrath......which will be poured out as retribution so to speak for persecuting His saints (during the tribulation)  Rev. 16:1  ".......Go your ways and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth."   Rev. 16:6  "For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy."  Also bearing in mind the book of Revelation is speaking highly prophetically, very much in spirit, so everything may not necessarily be in chronological order or the way that our natural minds think.  And some of it may be applied on a personal level, too..

Edited by Heleadethme

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, George said:

Would you be willing to die for the Lord today?  If not, then you need to stop focusing on the day of Sept 23rd -- and focus on where you in your walk with the Lord!

God bless,

George

Of course I would be willing to die for the Lord; be it from persecution, rapture or just old age...  And that leaves me the time to ponder all kinds of things

• Loved it! 1