• Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

At this point in the conversation might the question be expanded to include:

are my thoughts my own?

do I own my thoughts, and am I personally responsible for them?

the idea being what does it matter who or what knows my thoughts if they are of me I need to control them meld them and then live them all. I have no excuse for them that relieves me of resposibilty for them and then my actions  my conduct my expressions of my heart.

I start out a totally depraved being. I do not desire nor even acknowledge God. That is my fault totally. No devils made me, nor make me do anything that my depravity has not already championed.

It is completly God's grace and mercy extended personally to me individually that has overcome my absolute sin against God.

I contend that being totally depraved of my own fallen nature under the curse by God that any  accusation made by Satan against me is secondary, and truely of no comparative importance to my own personal knowledge of my depravity. His awareness whether great or small matters not. What matters is whether I have accepted the state of my being, asked for God to forgive it all, and for me to cling to the awareness brought to me by God the Holy Spirit that Jesus has already fully known my sin and has paid it's price making complete and absolute sacrifice that covers my sin. He has washed me white as snow, made me acceptable as offering for eternal existance as part of His bride the church.

From that perspective it just doesn't matter what the accuser may run about hear or see and  bring before God.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I think the Devil can read our thoughts I mean he sometimes put some thoughts in there and if an individual is not filled with the Holy Spirit, the person will do the bidding of the tempter I mean that's majorly how sin is birthed (from the mind). May we not fall for the temptations of Satan Amen. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Injecting thoughts & reading thoughts are apples & oranges......

satan has had somewhere in the vicinity of 6000 years to observe man in his private and public body languages and works... actions speak louder than words and in this he has a pretty good idea of weaknesses, faults,  strengths etc. ...                                                          enoob

Spot on Brother!:thumbsup:

The problem with sharing openly your thoughts or in writing , is that satan can also use his little devils and people to do his dirty work and so the more one shares anywhere openly verbally or by writing, they open themselves up also to being attacked.                                          1 to 3

Absolutely.......

21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.                               Prov 18:21

Be mindful of what you speak.....                                                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Angels are messengers.  I happen to believe they relay our prayers to God.  The kingdom of God operates more like a huge corporation than you think. 

In my experiences 'out of the body," I can tell you that that's how you communicate....by thought.  Besides that, one man said,

"Satan focused his assaults upon Jesus in the New Testament. In the Temptation he entered into dialogue with Jesus. He knew what Jesus was thinking because of what Jesus said. But other than that, I don’t see any reason to believe that he could read your mind or read mine. Again, that may not necessarily be a divine power. He may be able to do it, but I have no reason to believe that he can."

http://www.ligonier.org/blog/can-devil-read-my-mind/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

Everyone has already given such good counsel. No, the enemy cannot read my mind. However, there are a couple of points I would like to make. First, as everyone has said, Satan can hear our words. As a Navy veteran of the Vietnam war, we were drilled on signal security (or giving sensitive information away).  Most often, we are careless with our words and agree with things we have no business agreeing to. For example, we say something like "oh, man my back is killing me". While our back may be sore, we have just opened the door for Satan to come in and do us harm and even try to kill us by using the pain in our back against us. The "truth" is that because of Jesus' stripes we are already healed and just not yet walking in the manifestation of that healing.

Secondly, Satan sees our actions. What we actually do means something. So when we actually go to church, Satan sees that; as he does when we read the Word or speak to a friend about Jesus. These are all good things. But where we get into trouble is when we don't do what we should. Like gossiping about a friend; like having sex outside marriage; like getting drunk. Satan sees these activities and runs right to God to tell on us (just like he tried to do with Job). Fortunately, we have an advocate with the Father, even Jesus Christ the righteous (that even sounds like a scripture).

Third, Satan knows our tendencies because he is big on accusation, so he keeps a list of our flaws (kind of like a bad mother in law). So he can surmise when our thoughts are turning bad by our body language and our attitude. He uses us against ourselves and knows how to discourage us. He seems to know what we think because he has watched us so closely and he uses our own words against us (because we are not careful). It SEEMS like he can read our minds.

Fortunately for us, we have the matchless name of Jesus to use in our defence, so we can rebuke him in the name of Jesus and II Corinthians 10 says, "for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, taking every thought captive..." This is a powerful victory verse because it means that we have the weapons to defeat Satan EVERY SINGLE TIME.

If we would get this deep into our mind, we would live much more victorious and joyful lives.

Blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

0k s0 if i like talking to God a kind of chat prayer then the devil is going to know all about me then. so does this mean i need to talk to God in my head and with regards specific prayer then if i am on my own it would make sense to say it in my head i guess.

this makes me think when we pray together then the devil has lots of detail. so if i use the words, "i pray the blood of Jesus over this prayer /conversation," before i start does that make any difference.  how do i protect myself? what are anybody's thoughts about this?

not sure whether this needed to be a different thread as i dont want to go off topic but the 0p has made me think of these things which is g00d. many thanks

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Mabel

What you want to remain between you & the Lord you keep to yourself,its rather simple.....my mo used  to say,"If you want to keep a secret,keep it to yourself...

All too often I hear many many Christians,Christians that Understand their Authority in Christ say"I've been praying,binding,rebuking,etc...etc....and I'm still not successful!   Well,sure,they have not opened their mouth & the devil cannot know a word they're thinking,everything we read in the Word of God says "speak"...not "think" except when meditating on God or "thinking" on thoughts Above & Godly,lovely things......Search the Scriptures for yourself

The Sword of the Spirit is the WORD......spoken (Perfect example is Jesus in the wilderness & his 3 rebukes to the adversary ) That is why it is great to Praise & Worship when you have thoughts or "feelings" that are not of God....."Take CAPTIVE those thoughts.....not blurt them out of your mouth,re-enforcing & establishing them over & over(like one who murmurs,whines & complains)    The enemy puts a thought in your mind(I'm so sad,worried,scared,depressed,lonely) & then instead of confirming for him that you've accepted it as truth you should do the complete opposite......you take captive that thought,resis the enemy.....subject the enemy to the obedience of Christ ,it is His Authority that you have by the Power of the Holy Spirit    "Devil,it is written...GET BEHIND ME in the Mighty Name of Jesus,,,,Today is the Day the Lord Has Made,I WILL REJOICE & be glad in it"    (Defeat deceit with Gods Truth)

Now the only thing is that if you are not walking in Spirit & in Truth,not operating in Holy Spirit Power then you can recite the written Word all day long & it means nothing without Christs Authority....you must Understand WHO you are in Christ & BELIEVE it! Activate your FAITH & Faith activates your Power & Authority .....(But how? You may ask)...Faith comes by HEARING the Word of God.....

Reading the Bible with the desire to be nearer the Lord,seeking His Face,yearning to have a deeper,closer Relationship with God in Christ     Most babes in Christ I ever met(including myself) always want to know everything about the Power,Power,Power   How do I do this? How do I do that?    That's the very least,it just comes with the territory because of WHO Abides in you......All too often  looking for Gods Hand & the first step is seeking His Face,learning to communicate,Understand ,hear His Voice.....you can only get to know someone as your relationship with them grows    In my opinion,the last thing a babe needs to be concerned with is the enemy,"How,what,when,where,etc..."    When Christ is accepted into our heart we are HIS,its simple enough to trust Jesus,run into the safe place beneath His Wings & declare to the enemy"the LORD rebukes you!!!"Put on the full Armor of God and come to Understand  exactly WHO you are in Christ Jesus & that you stand on the Position of Victory by getting firmly established in His Word,through prayer,praise & worship......         With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 3/20/2017 at 2:46 PM, SBA0905 said:

If the devil is going to attack my faith, or the faith of someone I love; can he read my mind to know what my weakness is, or do I have to speak it out loud for him to know?

Nope, he tricks you into thinking he can but he cant, he also cant be in more than one place at once, usually has has his network of lesser entities to spy on people, often lesser demons pretend to be him too just to  scare you. 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,057
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

He's had 6000 years of watching mankind with an advanced mind that will run the whole world soon... but only God knows the heart!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

No he cannot. The devil can implant thoughts, but he is not omnipresent like the Lord God. The devil needs you to speak it to know what you said, he uses spies like familiars and demons. Although honestly, the devil knows a lot more thanks to technology.