SBA0905

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I moved this thread here for more open discussion can be had.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 6/20/2017 at 2:24 PM, Lady Peecky said:

I think the Devil can read our thoughts I mean he sometimes put some thoughts in there and if an individual is not filled with the Holy Spirit, the person will do the bidding of the tempter I mean that's majorly how sin is birthed (from the mind). May we not fall for the temptations of Satan Amen. 

Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

By all means speak your innermost thoughts to God in prayer, and out loud. While the devil can hear you, he can't stop God from hearing, nor can he stop God from answering. It is a safety to ask God to hide your prayers from Him. Generally, because of the Holy Spirit, we have covering from the enemy's notice anyway. My personal belief is that our prayer communication is covered and not able to be interpreted by Satan or his minions. About all they know is that we ARE praying and will do everything in their power to prevent us from doing so. However, AFTER we have developed a habit of prayer, the attacks slow down. This habit of prayer is very powerful because it puts us into God's presence regularly and we regularly have opportunity to hear from God. This is important because prayer is supposed to be a 2-way conversation. God has a lot to say to us as well. If I had only taken time to habitually listen for God's voice, I would not have suffered all the trials I have. It DOES take practice to hear God, but what else more important do we have to do? That's right, nothing.

There are only two times when I KNOW I am not wrong: 1) When I am in prayer; and 2) When I am in praise and worship.....here's to joining the two together so that I can have double the blessing!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,567
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 3/20/2017 at 10:46 AM, SBA0905 said:

If the devil is going to attack my faith, or the faith of someone I love; can he read my mind to know what my weakness is, or do I have to speak it out loud for him to know?

Shalom, SBA0905.

No, he cannot read your mind; however, he CAN see the patterns you have set for yourself in your words and actions and capitalize on them. He's like a weather forecaster: he can't actually predict the weather by knowing the future; however, he can read the patterns of the past and see how the current conditions match the conditions that led to those patterns to predict what will PROBABLY occur in the near future.

HaSatan (Hebrew for "the Enemy") can't read minds, nor does he know the future, BUT he is very intelligent (cunning) and does some amazing guesswork! He remembers what worked (for him) in our past and knows how to "push the buttons" to derail us in the future.

Don't let him! Resist the devil and he will flee from you!

We have this admonition from James:

James 4:7-10
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
KJV

Don't let him dredge up sins in your past; if they are confessed and forgiven, they are COVERED BY THE MESSIAH'S BLOOD, as far as God is concerned, and when it comes to judgment and condemnation, HIS view of our condition is the one view that counts!

He is called the "devil" for a reason. The Greek word translated as "devil," "diabolos," means "traducer" or "slanderer." One who "throws objects through" our reputations, making holes, and giving him arguments for accusation against us.

"Faith" is all well and good, but it's not about having "faith." It's in WHOM you PLACE your faith or trust!" This may require a shift in your thinking, but don't focus on the faith; focus on the trustworthy and reliable God in whom you trust, the God of the UNIVERSE, El Elyon, who loves you enough to spend time with you and care for you! Focus on HIM! Draw close to God; enjoy His company, and haSatan cannot get close to you.

Edited by Retrobyter
to add God's Word

1 minute ago, Redemption79 said:

how can the enemy not be able to see what goes on inside our head WHEN spiritual warfare involves thoughts going o in our head?

Shalom, Redemption79.

Sometimes, we give the Enemy too much credit. Are we fighting him or are we fighting our OWN inclinations?! "Spiritual" often means "having an attitude," or as an adjective, "attitudinal."

On 6/20/2017 at 3:24 PM, Lady Peecky said:

I think the Devil can read our thoughts I mean he sometimes put some thoughts in there and if an individual is not filled with the Holy Spirit, the person will do the bidding of the tempter I mean that's majorly how sin is birthed (from the mind). May we not fall for the temptations of Satan Amen. 

Shalom, Lady Peecky.

No, the devil cannot read our thoughts any more than I can read your thoughts. He doesn't have to put thoughts in one's mind; he just guides the circumstances to such a way that WE put those familiar thoughts in our OWN heads. BTW, having temptations to sin is not the same thing as performing the sin. Temptation is something that Yeshua` the Messiah had to endure, just as we do. It's the succumbing to that temptation that is the sin, something our Lord NEVER did.

Matthew 4:1
4 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
KJV

Hebrews 2:18
18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
KJV

Hebrews 4:14-16
14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
KJV

3 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

Shalom brother

i respectfully disagree.

i have always been taught one of the strongest weapon enemy has against us is through fighting for our mind

When i was reading C.S.Lewis's book the Screwtape letters, he appears to take this view as well

In Christ's love

Shalom, Redemption79.

So? C. S. Lewis is just another human being as we are, and he can be as wrong as any of us. The Screwtape Letters is a work of FICTION!

Like I've already said, the Enemy is intelligent and knows what worked for messing us up in the past. All he has to do is re-enact the situation that led us to sin in the past, and it's a good bet that we will sin again.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

Only God is omniscient.  Satan cannot read our minds.

13 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

C . S Lewis is indeed a human being

but he is also somebody who have shown to the world the fruits of Spirits he bore

no one would doubt the fact he is a born again Christian who loves God deeply and been through the trenches when it comes to spiritual warfare

yes, the Screwtape letters is a fiction, no one ever denied that, including C.S.Lewis himself

the point of the book is to help Christians understands the tactics of the enemy.

so i am not entirely sure why you attempt to discredit him through this line of argument?

Shalom, again, Redemption79.

I'm not "attempting to discredit him"; I'm trying to make sure that one does NOT give his fictional work the same kind of merit that one may give to God's Word! Don't take The Screwtape Letters as "gospel!" It's a great work of fiction, but it has flaws, as any human work will have.

Give me BIBLICAL proof that haSatan can "implant thoughts in a person's mind," and I will yield.

My Scriptures tell me,

Matthew 15:16-20
16 And Jesus said,
Are ye also yet without understanding?
17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

KJV

Mark 7:18-23
18 And he saith unto them,
Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

KJV

Again, we give the Enemy, the devil, FAR too much credit! It is WE who sin! We can't say, like Flip Wilson, "The devil made me do it!"

Edited by Retrobyter

18 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

give me proof that the scripture actually address this subject all together.

Shalom, Redemption79.

EXACTLY! But, I asked you first...