SBA0905

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

I have nothing to prove my theory, thus it will be just that: my opinion. My mind belongs to God..Satanhas no jurisdiction or influence there, unless I give it him.

Satan, having  immense intelligence, and 6000 years of practice, is an expert in reading body language and human emotion. And we give him an open door into our thoughts when we read inappropriate litrature, watch offensive entertainment, and partake in activities that belong to this world. Evil pass-times are an open invitation to his lies and deceit. That is why if we are to enjoy an overcoming Christian walk, our thughts and works must center or focus on Christ at all times.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,536
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

12 minutes ago, Traveler said:

From what I have observed he can read minds and is also able to implant thoughts and emotions. You do have free will and can reject the wrong thoughts, but that does not mean he will not tempt you or test you. Temptations will always be directed to your weakest ares at any specific time.

Shalom, Traveler.

Sorry, but that's not quite right. He can read your actions and hear your words, but he has no direct access to your mind ... unless, of course, you're POSSESSED! The "wrong thoughts" that one may have are PURELY his or her own! "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh!"

Yeshua` said,

Matthew 12:34-37
34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
KJV

Directing temptations does NOT require knowing our thoughts; the devil is just a VERY good judge of character! He can direct a flash of a picture at just the right moment for your eye to catch it! It's that quick! The devil may be the source of temptation, but it is the HUMAN BEING who is the sinner when he yields to temptation!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Just in the previous chapter David put on a gold crown studded with precious jewels taken from his enemies. This suggests pride and ambition creeping into his character...traits Satan knew well and thus able to take full advantage....resulting shortly thereafer in his vain numbering of Israel.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

6 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Traveler.

Sorry, but that's not quite right. He can read your actions and hear your words, but he has no direct access to your mind ... unless, of course, you're POSSESSED! The "wrong thoughts" that one may have are PURELY his or her own! "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh!"

Yeshua` said,

Matthew 12:34-37
34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
KJV

Directing temptations does NOT require knowing our thoughts; the devil is just a VERY good judge of character! He can direct a flash of a picture at just the right moment for your eye to catch it! It's that quick! The devil may be the source of temptation, but it is the HUMAN BEING who is the sinner when he yields to temptation!

I can't accept this quote...

Sorry, but that's not quite right. He can read your actions and hear your words, but he has no direct access to your mind ... unless, of course, you're POSSESSED! The "wrong thoughts" that one may have are PURELY his or her own! "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh!"

You don't know what demon possession is I guess.

The devil can certainly hear your thoughts.  That's one way how he influences and tempts us.  The devil can hear our thoughts and silent prayers too. That's how the spirit world works, there's no getting away from it.  Our thoughts are 'audible' in the spirit world. We are told to "put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes."   

I know it's sounds way out of line but...

I've been there and spoken to them.  (demons)  (OBE'S) It was God's way of familiarizing me about the spirit world.  

6 hours ago, brakelite said:

I have nothing to prove my theory, thus it will be just that: my opinion. My mind belongs to God..Satanhas no jurisdiction or influence there, unless I give it him.

Satan, having  immense intelligence, and 6000 years of practice, is an expert in reading body language and human emotion. And we give him an open door into our thoughts when we read inappropriate litrature, watch offensive entertainment, and partake in activities that belong to this world. Evil pass-times are an open invitation to his lies and deceit. That is why if we are to enjoy an overcoming Christian walk, our thughts and works must center or focus on Christ at all times.

Probably way over 6,000 years of practice.

5 hours ago, Traveler said:

Ok lets look at an example from Scripture;

Now if a demon walked in through the front door and told king David to become all bureaucratic and take a censor of the nation do you think David would give it any consideration. Of course not ! David would have no track with Satan on principle.

But if the thought was imposed in his mind so as to make him think that it was his idea and he was doing the right thing then he will fall for the temptation. Even though his subordinates were against the idea.

Shalom, Traveler.

Well, that's one way to look at it. But, the truth is that it is not the ONLY way. Do you ever check the Hebrew or the Greek of the passage you're trying to use? There's MUCH you can learn from the original languages! Much more detail is provided, and sometimes the nuances of the words used within a passage of Scripture gives insight into what was actually going on. There've been many times that I've looked at the Hebrew and said, "Oh! So, THAT'S what he meant!" 

Furthermore, when you have parallel passages of Scripture that talk about the same event, use them ALL! That's the advantage we have with the four Gospel accounts: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. We will also have parallel accounts in 1 Samuel-2 Kings and 1 Chronicles-2 Chronicles. They will also often be accounts of the same events. Indeed, 1 Chronicles goes all the way back to Genesis 1, though not as thoroughly as does the Pentateuch, Joshua, and Judges.

2 Samuel 24:1-2
1 And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.
2 For the king said to Joab the captain of the host, which was with him, Go now through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan even to Beer-sheba, and number ye the people, that I may know the number of the people.
KJV

It's important that you understand that a NAME is a word or phrase in Hebrew that MEANS SOMETHING! "Saataan," spelled sin-Tet-nun, means an "Adversary" or an "Enemy." SOMETIMES, it may be the creature so named in Scripture, but at other times, it is simply referring to an arbitrary adversary or enemy, even as a whole NATION, such as the Philistines (P'lishtiym) were "an enemy" of Israel.

Be careful that you understand FULLY what you are reading before using it as a proof for what you believe.

1 hour ago, fixerupper said:

I can't accept this quote...

You don't know what demon possession is I guess.

The devil can certainly hear your thoughts.  That's one way how he influences and tempts us.  The devil can hear our thoughts and silent prayers too. That's how the spirit world works, there's no getting away from it.  Our thoughts are 'audible' in the spirit world. We are told to "put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes."   

I know it's sounds way out of line but...

I've been there and spoken to them.  (demons)  (OBE'S) It was God's way of familiarizing me about the spirit world.  

Shalom, fixerupper.

Yeah, you DO sound "way out of line."

2 Corinthians 6:14-18
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
KJV

I DO understand both demon oppression and demon possession, and I know the difference! One who has been born again into God's Family, cannot be "demon possessed." The darkness cannot exist where the light is; the light drives it out! 

Thus, one can ONLY be demon possessed if he or she has not been born again. When one becomes a child of God, one of His sons or daughters, he will FOREVER remain a son or daughter! If anything were otherwise possible, then one would not truly be born again in the first place and there would be no chance of having "eternal life." BUT, we HAVE been promised "eternal life" or "everlasting life." For that to be possible, we must be able to become God's children "eternally!" Otherwise, God LIED, and we know THIS He cannot do!

That being said about relationship, there is also the matter of FELLOWSHIP:

When a believer who is truly born again disobeys God and does not immediately repent of that sin in some way and damages his fellowship with God by being at odds with Him, we open ourselves up to outside influences. That is when a believer can be "demon oppressed." This is why we are told, as believers, 

James 4:8
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
KJV

All that being said, understand this: At NO time is the oppressed person open to haSatan reading his mind! Again, haSatan is incredibly intelligent and insightful, ANTICIPATING our reactions to certain stimulae, but he does NOT have access to our minds nor is he omniscient!

Your quote doesn't say otherwise: It says "take your stand against the devil's SCHEMES (WILES)!" The Greek word is the plural of ...

NT:3180 methodeia (meth-od-i'-ah); from a compound of NT:3326 and NT:3593 [compare "method"]; travelling over, i.e. travesty (trickery):
KJV - wile, lie in wait.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

It's the word from which we get our word "methods."

The part that REALLY bothers me is your mention of "Out-of-Body Experiences!" You said, it was "God's way of familiarizing me about the spirit world." I believe that it was more "the devil's way of DECEIVING you about a 'spirit world!'"

And, a "demon," by the way, is not one of haSatan's "minions"; he is a "lesser god" of Greek mythology, a "daimoon" or a "daemon" in Latin! That's anyone or anything that takes God's place in your life!

NT:1139 daimonizomai (dahee-mon-id'-zom-ahee); middle voice from NT:1142; to be exercised by a daemon:
KJV - have a (be vexed with, be possessed with) devil (-s).

NT:1140 daimonion (dahee-mon'-ee-on); neuter of a derivative of NT:1142; a daemonic being; by extension a deity:
KJV - devil, god.

NT:1141 daimonioodes (dahee-mon-ee-o'-dace); from NT:1140 and NT:1142; daemon-like:
KJV - devilish.

NT:1142 daimoon (dah'-ee-mown); from daio (to distribute fortunes); a daemon or supernatural spirit (of a bad nature):
KJV - devil.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

I would NEVER say that they don't exist, because we have proof they DO exist in the miracles that Yeshua` performed; on the other hand, they are NOT all-powerful nor are they all-knowing and God CERTAINLY has them under His control! TRUST IN GOD ALONE!

Oh, and by the way, our prayers to God are PRIVATE, unless we're speaking them out loud. And, even then, in the company of other believers, it's a place where daemons fear to tread!

Edited by Retrobyter
to add info about prayer

1 hour ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, fixerupper.

Yeah, you DO sound "way out of line."

2 Corinthians 6:14-18
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
KJV

I DO understand both demon oppression and demon possession, and I know the difference! One who has been born again into God's Family, cannot be "demon possessed." The darkness cannot exist where the light is; the light drives it out! 

Thus, one can ONLY be demon possessed if he or she has not been born again. When one becomes a child of God, one of His sons or daughters, he will FOREVER remain a son or daughter! If anything were otherwise possible, then one would not truly be born again in the first place and there would be no chance of having "eternal life." BUT, we HAVE been promised "eternal life" or "everlasting life." For that to be possible, we must be able to become God's children "eternally!" Otherwise, God LIED, and we know THIS He cannot do!

That being said about relationship, there is also the matter of FELLOWSHIP:

When a believer who is truly born again disobeys God and does not immediately repent of that sin in some way and damages his fellowship with God by being at odds with Him, we open ourselves up to outside influences. That is when a believer can be "demon oppressed." This is why we are told, as believers, 

James 4:8
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
KJV

All that being said, understand this: At NO time is the oppressed person open to haSatan reading his mind! Again, haSatan is incredibly intelligent and insightful, ANTICIPATING our reactions to certain stimulae, but he does NOT have access to our minds nor is he omniscient!

Your quote doesn't say otherwise: It says "take your stand against the devil's SCHEMES (WILES)!" The Greek word is the plural of ...

NT:3180 methodeia (meth-od-i'-ah); from a compound of NT:3326 and NT:3593 [compare "method"]; travelling over, i.e. travesty (trickery):
KJV - wile, lie in wait.

It's the word from which we get our word "methods."

The part that REALLY bothers me is your mention of "Out-of-Body Experiences!" You said, it was "God's way of familiarizing me about the spirit world." I believe that it was more "the devil's way of DECEIVING you about a 'spirit world!'"

And, a "demon," by the way, is not one of haSatan's "minions"; he is a "lesser god" of Greek mythology, a "daimoon" or a "daemon" in Latin! That's anyone or anything that takes God's place in your life!

NT:1139 daimonizomai (dahee-mon-id'-zom-ahee); middle voice from NT:1142; to be exercised by a daemon:
KJV - have a (be vexed with, be possessed with) devil (-s).

NT:1140 daimonion (dahee-mon'-ee-on); neuter of a derivative of NT:1142; a daemonic being; by extension a deity:
KJV - devil, god.

NT:1141 daimonioodes (dahee-mon-ee-o'-dace); from NT:1140 and NT:1142; daemon-like:
KJV - devilish.

NT:1142 daimoon (dah'-ee-mown); from daio (to distribute fortunes); a daemon or supernatural spirit (of a bad nature):
KJV - devil.

I would NEVER say that they don't exist, because we have proof they DO exist in the miracles that Yeshua` performed; on the other hand, they are NOT all-powerful nor are they all-knowing and God CERTAINLY has them under His control! TRUST IN GOD ALONE!

Oh, and by the way, our prayers to God are PRIVATE, unless we're speaking them out loud. And, even then, in the company of other believers, it's a place where daemons fear to tread!

You do the typical thing of inundating people with scripture, and then cover thing unpertinent to 'demon possession.'  I can tell you really know very little about this.

1.  Demons are disembodied spirits of fallen angels.  What are angels?  MESSENGERS! 

There's a spirit world out there and there a few different realms, AND there's a battle going out there too.  There are good and bad beings out there and when you are 'out there' it's relatively easy to determine what sort of being you're around, or what kind of environment you're in.  When you enter the spirit world, there are a few different levels of that spiritual experience.  Dreaming is actually an entry way to it.

Demon possession is all different, and it's typical of Christians to come up with the type of reply that you did because you guys have no practicle experience.

3 hours ago, fixerupper said:

You do the typical thing of inundating people with scripture, and then cover thing unpertinent to 'demon possession.'  I can tell you really know very little about this.

1.  Demons are disembodied spirits of fallen angels.  What are angels?  MESSENGERS! 

There's a spirit world out there and there a few different realms, AND there's a battle going out there too.  There are good and bad beings out there and when you are 'out there' it's relatively easy to determine what sort of being you're around, or what kind of environment you're in.  When you enter the spirit world, there are a few different levels of that spiritual experience.  Dreaming is actually an entry way to it.

Demon possession is all different, and it's typical of Christians to come up with the type of reply that you did because you guys have no practicle experience.

Satan cannot read anyones mind. You give him way too much credit. He tries to instill thoughts but that is why eph 6 is so important to understand. Spiritual warfare is all in the MIND.

Over and over again I see you at odds with christians who try to reason with you.

Sadly, you dont SEE the truth. You have denied the Holy Spirit by denying the trinity. You dont see the truth about much of any biblical truth but you continue to state that it is YOU that is enlightened in many instances over those who do not deny the trinity. I hope you wake up in time. You must surrender fixerupper. You must come as a humble and contrite broken human being. Cry out to Jesus to save you! 

John MacArthur explains thoroughly the person of the Holy Spirit here.(Youtube sermon) It is my deep desire that you listen to this and prayerfully seek Gods wisdom.  Salvation is eternally important and certainly these forums are not.  I say these things to you because I truly do care. My heart aches over people who  will not listen. I do not want anyone to perish. Many will though because of pride.PRIDE will take you down fixerupper. CRY OUT TO JESUS!

The Modern Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (Selected Scriptures)

Satan cannot read anyones mind. You give him way too much credit. He tries to instill thoughts but that is why eph 6 is so important to understand. Spiritual warfare is all in the MIND.

Let's see.  Satan cannot read our mind, but spiritual warfare is all in the mind???

Over and over again I see you at odds with christians who try to reason with you.

Over and over again I see misled Christians at odds with truth without reason.  I keep asking people for REASONs why they believe what they do, but nobody steps up to the plate and shows me WHY they believe what they do about anything!  On this issue, all I can tell you is that reason is a good thing to apply.  Demons were angels, and there are at least 7, maybe ten hierarchies of angels.  Some keep things in order and 'operating,' some are messengers.  Demons WERE previously 'messengers' in God's spirit/angelic world.  Demons are still 'operating' in that world/realm.  They can hear our thoughts.

Sadly, you dont SEE the truth. You have denied the Holy Spirit by denying the trinity.

There's no such thing as a trinity.  You guys complain about Rome but the Trinity is a 100% Catholic doctrine and it's completely false.
I deny the trinity because Jesus denies the trinity, and you condemn me for it.  It must make you feel good or something to prop up your salvation, and condemn me, when you don't have a clue what a damnable heresy is.  You've never answered my question.  What's the holy spirits name, and why isn't the holy spirit found around the throne of God?  

You dont see the truth about much of any biblical truth but you continue to state that it is YOU that is enlightened in many instances over those who do not deny the trinity.

I don't use the cop out line that "I have the holy spirit and that's why I'm right because the holy spirit wouldn't lie to me."  

I don't pray for the holy spirit to enlighten me and then read the bible, walk away believing I have truth.  I don't do like Lamad and go camping for 4-5 days, say I have the holy spirit, that only those who have the holy spirit can understand these complicated things, and then claim they're right because THEY HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT!

Sorry folks, that's not how God enlightens our thinking.  

I hope you wake up in time. You must surrender fixerupper. You must come as a humble and contrite broken human being. Cry out to Jesus to save you! 

Jesus has saved me, he's in the process of saving me from his followers, i.e. people just like you. I'm not really broken, the religion is broken because it's filled with judgmental people like you.

That's what drives me nuts about holier than thou BJU/ Fundamentalist Christians.  They condemn me in one breath, and then tell me to cry out to Jesus to save me in the next.   You have no clue.

I put a lot of effort into understanding God's word.  God blesses my efforts because I AM willing to admit I'm wrong and willing to change my mind.  As far as the kind of Christian you are,....that's why I stay away! 

John MacArthur explains thoroughly the person of the Holy Spirit here.(Youtube sermon) It is my deep desire that you listen to this and prayerfully seek Gods wisdom.  

I can't stand John MacArthur and he knows it.  He's another one who comes from BJU EVEN BEFORE they even allowed blacks in their college.  I have real problems with the fundamentalist and MacArthur was instrumental in me burning about 30-40 bible resource books I've had for about 45 years.  Sorry, John MacArthur types can go to the same place you say I'm going.  

Salvation is eternally important and certainly these forums are not.  I say these things to you because I truly do care. My heart aches over people who  will not listen. I do not want anyone to perish. Many will though because of pride.PRIDE will take you down fixerupper. CRY OUT TO JESUS!

Your judgmentalism is an internet spoof!  I'll never listen to someone who condemns me.