• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

19 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

No. 

Souls did not have life, did not exist, until YHWH 'sparked' (gave) life at conception to them,

according to all SCRIPTURE.

I never said anything about a soul.  I was speaking before God formed us in the womb that God knew us.  Since there is no other scripture about this, all we have to go on, that I could find, was when He spoke to Jeremiah.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

There are several (it seems) heresies thoroughly exposed online (a search may turn up readily, it is not a new thing) that falsely claim what they call "pre-existence" which is directly opposed to and contrary to GOD'S WORD.   Like a lot of new age and other heresies, (like wife of Jesus or mother of god schools )   it was not ever considered "true" by the faithful churches.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, woundeddog said:

no I didn't.- I stated "age of accountability"- that of course is infants- but also includes those who have no real knowledge or concept of sin

I'm just not seeing where you reconciled your  " no matter what age they died "  statement in your opening post    with an  age of accountability somewhere between infancy and old age ? 

By my understanding   " no matter what age they died "  excludes the entire need for of an age of accountability .

What need would there  be for an"  age of accountability " if  " no matter what age they died "   they were covered ?

Edited by Unfailing Presence

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

There are several (it seems) heresies thoroughly exposed online (a search may turn up readily, it is not a new thing) that falsely claim what they call "pre-existence" which is directly opposed to and contrary to GOD'S WORD.   Like a lot of new age and other heresies, (like wife of Jesus or mother of god schools )   it was not ever considered "true" by the faithful churches.

My thoughts were nothing I have read anywhere, just something that came to me when holding a new born baby right out of the womb.  You can see how pure they are, unaffected by the world as if they just came from God Himself. 

"Pre-existance" is not mentioned in scripture at all, pro or con.  I can be mistaken, if you would care to show me where in scripture this can be found.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

4 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

I'm just not seeing where you reconciled your  " no matter what age they died " 

Okay- I see now- I did not understand what you meant~~~~ I am saying that if a person is known by God to be headed to heaven--- (hypothetically) it would not matter what age they died at, they would still go to heaven--now of course we cant pick and choose when we depart this plain-- and when our body dies is when it dies---  but there are goats and sheep--- goats don't go to heaven- sheep do-- (free will issues?) some sheep just don't know they are sheep yet they may temporarily be lost sheep-- but ultimately the Shepard brings them home--  I know some folks will call me a heretical Calvinist-- but I believe that if God knows who is going to heaven-- they will go to heaven-- if their time of death could be moved back and forth along their time line, it would not change their destination for eternity~~~~~~ I don't know- does that clarify what I was saying , or just confuse it??~~~~~ I don't think age of accountability really enters it at all

6 hours ago, woundeddog said:

.......and when our body dies is when it dies---  but there are goats and sheep--- goats don't go to heaven-  I don't think age of accountability really enters it at all

But if the  understanding is that there are no infant " goats "  , that would be exempted from heaven should they die in infancy , then what would cause an infant who

lives past infancy into adulthood to become a " goat "  ?

Some change has to occur in between the time they were infants and were certain to go to heaven should they die in infancy , and the time they aged long enough to become

" goat " or a  " sheep "  ?

My understanding is that this change is the " age of accountability "   is reached .

And the personal decision to be a sheep or a goat is made at that time .

If you don't think the " age of accountability "  is the determining factor that makes an adult person who was at one time an infant certain to go to heaven if they died a 

" goat " or a "sheep "  exactly what is it believe causes them to become a " goat "  or "  sheep "  in adulthood ?

All infants being " sheep"  the understanding  .

Edited by Unfailing Presence

1 hour ago, Unfailing Presence said:

But if the  understanding is that there are no infant " goats "  , that would be exempted from heaven should they die in infancy , then what would cause an infant who

lives past infancy into adulthood to become a " goat "  ?

I know this is a hard one-- let me try again.

Although all infants and mentally infirm are "safe" all infants that die as babies go to heaven------- BUT if an infant grows past age of accountability, and choose to sin, they are no longer "safe" but are accountable---

God knows who will and who will not come to faith. All who will come to faith in their lives are Sheep, all who will not are goats..

A baby that dies in infancy is in Gods eyes a Sheep--- if they had grown up they would still be sheep.

A baby the grows past infancy that never come to faith is in Gods eyes a Goat-- the baby is a goat in infancy but grows into and adult goat- because they were never part of Gods flock to start with.

Our Human race is really only divided into two sub-races-- sheep and goats-- sheep always go to heaven-- goats never go to heaven.

Sheep go to heaven because of faith in Jesus finished work for them- and infant that can not come to the faith by tem selves has imputed faith because God is merciful and as faith for them.

Now- a baby goat ( if they died in infancy would go to heaven), but since they grow to adult hood and never come to faith-- do not go to heaven. so pre-accountability death always makes a person a sheep.

Is that any better???

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

22 hours ago, simplejeff said:

No. 

Souls did not have life, did not exist, until YHWH 'sparked' (gave) life at conception to them,

according to all SCRIPTURE.

All scripture? 
Let's see.  Genesis 2:7 And Jehovah Elohim formed Man, dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and Man became a living soul.

Question: "What is the breath of life?"

9 hours ago, woundeddog said:

I know this is a hard one-- let me try again.

Although all infants and mentally infirm are "safe" all infants that die as babies go to heaven------- BUT if an infant grows past age of accountability, and choose to sin, they are no longer "safe" but are accountable---

God knows who will and who will not come to faith. All who will come to faith in their lives are Sheep, all who will not are goats..

A baby that dies in infancy is in Gods eyes a Sheep--- if they had grown up they would still be sheep.

A baby the grows past infancy that never come to faith is in Gods eyes a Goat-- the baby is a goat in infancy but grows into and adult goat- because they were never part of Gods flock to start with.

Our Human race is really only divided into two sub-races-- sheep and goats-- sheep always go to heaven-- goats never go to heaven.

Sheep go to heaven because of faith in Jesus finished work for them- and infant that can not come to the faith by tem selves has imputed faith because God is merciful and as faith for them.

Now- a baby goat ( if they died in infancy would go to heaven), but since they grow to adult hood and never come to faith-- do not go to heaven. so pre-accountability death always makes a person a sheep.

Is that any better???

I think my conclusion is the same as yours,  and thus only the original question comes into question .

" Does Satan Know ..?"

I would say no .

The scripture gives us information repeatedly that Satan's desire for  evil , far exceeds any thoughtful insight .

I mean what kind of brain fart would cause you to rebel against God Himself in the first place ?

1 hour ago, Unfailing Presence said:

" Does Satan Know ..?"

no, I agree he didnt know in advance-- but I'll bet he figured it out along the way-