zorgblar

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

My friend said in biblical times they used nudity as a punishment. Is that true?:( 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Ask your friend where he got his info from

Perhaps the story of the cruxifixction of Jesus 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

It's not a very suitable subject at all for the public / young people/ in a setting like this forum.  (i.e. deal with this honestly and biblically and properly for young children , teens, and others,  requires more control I think than is available on most any forum).

It is very gruesome,  and disturbing,  and not just in the centuries of BIBLE TIMES.

There is a lot of information in Foxes Book of Martyrs that is very hard to bear,  even though they gave their lives for the GOSPEL'S SAKE.

The "church" was often the permetrators ,  the reason and the force for a lot of punishment too horrible to describe here,  and for martyrs all through the centuries, 

not to mention even worse things done by the pagan heathen wicked nations all through history.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Perhaps the story of the cruxifixction of Jesus 

I think you could be right about Jesus being hung on the cross nude. And the thieves next to Him.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

4 hours ago, zorgblar said:

My friend said in biblical times they used nudity as a punishment. Is that true?:( 

Not that I know of. If he meant people were killed while nude the nudity was to add to the humiliation of whatever else was being done. But I don't think a person was stripped nude as the sole punishment. I don't recall that at all.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

48 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

It's not a very suitable subject at all for the public / young people/ in a setting like this forum.  (i.e. deal with this honestly and biblically and properly for young children , teens, and others,  requires more control I think than is available on most any forum).

It is very gruesome,  and disturbing,  and not just in the centuries of BIBLE TIMES.

There is a lot of information in Foxes Book of Martyrs that is very hard to bear,  even though they gave their lives for the GOSPEL'S SAKE.

The "church" was often the permetrators ,  the reason and the force for a lot of punishment too horrible to describe here,  and for martyrs all through the centuries, 

not to mention even worse things done by the pagan heathen wicked nations all through history.

That's what happens when one tries to play God or use Him for their purpose.  Heathens are expect to be mo less than their father.  Those who claim to be of God is another story.  Which do you thinks is more guilty of their sin?

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

15 minutes ago, JTC said:

Not that I know of. If he meant people were killed while nude the nudity was to add to the humiliation of whatever else was being done. But I don't think a person was stripped nude as the sole punishment. I don't recall that at all.

I don't know.But he said that he read that somewere in the bible they got people naked and blind folded them and took it of afterwards.

Edited by zorgblar

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I do know that the Germans used punishment with the Jews in WW2 in the concentration camps and stripped them naked.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

18 hours ago, zorgblar said:

God didn't. There are few examples of others using nudity.

2 Samuel 10:4   Wherefore Hanun took David's servants, and shaved off the one half of their beards, and cut off their garments in the middle, [even] to their buttocks, and sent them away.

1 Chronicles 19:4   Wherefore Hanun took David's servants, and shaved them, and cut off their garments in the midst hard by their buttocks, and sent them away.

Isaiah 20:4   So shall the king of Assyria lead away the Egyptians prisoners, and the Ethiopians captives, young and old, naked and barefoot, even with [their] buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt.

Zorg its good you are asking questions but you seem to be relying far too much on what others are saying to you rather than reading the bible yourself. You are also bringing up a lot of occult ideas which makes me think you are dabbling in the occult.

READ the bible, Zorg. You can talk to us all you want but you really need to find out the truth for yourself.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

19 hours ago, zorgblar said:

Your friend's statement is too generic and implies that God condoned the practice.

It's like reading the story of the Levite who allowed his concubine to be raped and then chopped her body up and then telling people - "Well, that's what they did in Bible days"  - as if God was approving of that.  He wasn't.  The context of that story is that "everyone was doing what was right in their own eyes."  That period of time with no leader, no king, no judge, no Moses, no Joshua - was literally crazy!

Yes, the nation of Assyria did this to the nation of Egypt to humiliate them when they captured them - according to Isaiah. And that's the least of what they did.  They also, according to history, would skin their prisoners alive.  They were a violent people.  This humiliation is just like during WW2, the Nazi's used humiliation by nakedness of their prisoners in concentration camps before they killed them.  And it's just like TODAY when some nations such as the Democratic Republic of Congo trains their soldiers to rape.

Yes, the Bible records the Assyrian nation of using nakedness to shame their enemies.  They were a cruel people and a pagan people, who even though were given a chance to repent of their sins when God used Jonah to preach to them, eventually, just a few centuries after that went back to their old barbaric ways and God eventually destroyed them.

But God didn't approve of their cruelty.  He eventually destroyed them for it. Nor did he command that his own people - the Hebrews - follow this practice towards their enemies.

There are  LOT of terrible things recorded in the Bible.  But just because they are IN  the Bible doesn't mean that they are good things or that God ordained them to be so.

And lots of things - much, much worse - are recorded in history.  Human nature is cruel and without God - that cruelty can spread like a cancer.