Tea Ess

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

No, it's not. But it is an example for Christians to learn from I do believe. Much like donating the iron so that Rome could pour the molds for the nails that spiked Jesus to the cross. 

Personally,  I don't believe the donation part. I think this was invented to make us rise up and speak against ACLU to that persons satisfaction for having baited us that way.

10 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Very possible.  But if so it is usually a bad tactic because all the baiter will get, when it comes to an organization like the ACLU is citations as to how bad an organization it is.  They go around trying to eradicate religious symbols like Crosses and Nativity scenes.  They hate Christianity with a passion.  So it is ill-advised to go on a Christian forum and admit that you gave money to an anti-Christian institution.  That form of behavior definitely raises some question marks.  

I do agree. I think the answers come to mind right behind those . Why would someone come to a Christian forum and admit they donated $50.00 to an anti-Christian organization?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I think maybe we should stop discussing the person....and debate the subject per the TOS. The ACLU has many, many, faults. There is no need to go after any individual here.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

On 3/21/2017 at 5:19 PM, Radiant_Owl said:

I do agree. I think the answers come to mind right behind those . Why would someone come to a Christian forum and admit they donated $50.00 to an anti-Christian organization?

I'll openly admit I intended the topic to be provocative. Immature, maybe, but not trolling, since I'm representing my true personal beliefs. 

Again, the ACLU isn't anti-Christian, it's pro-personal liberty. They've taken many cases defending Christians in the past, and I'm glad they also take cases defending Muslims, LGBT people, and others. 

I did genuinely donate to the ACLU. I'm not sure what form of proof I could provide without giving away personal information, so I guess it's up to you to decide. 

On 3/21/2017 at 6:15 AM, OldSchool2 said:

There's nothing about anyone's donation in the above.

Nope, just purchases. 

On 3/21/2017 at 1:35 PM, The_Patriot2017 said:

well, I fact checked and its 100% true.

Okay, mind sharing a source? 

On 3/21/2017 at 4:12 AM, shiloh357 said:

And despite their lies to the contrary, Baldwin was a communist.   It's public knowledge. People have known that for years.

'Communist' isn't an insult for use against people you don't like, such as Sanders or Clinton. Like most words, it has a definition, which in this case is a specific ideology. Keep in mind that even if Baldwin was a communist, that doesn't equate to the ACLU being a communist organization. 

I found a reliable source on Baldwin (a biography by Professor Robert Cottrell), and am waiting on the mods for permission to share it. From that article:

"Baldwin orchestrated a campaign to revise the ACLU charter. Henceforth, those affiliated with totalitarian organizations would not be allowed to serve on the ACLU board. The immediate target was the former-Wobbly and present Communist Party member, Elizabeth Gurley Flynn. An organizational “trial” of Flynn ensued, resulting in her ouster and establishing a pattern for anti-communist policies and programs that flourished during the Cold War."

and 

"For the next several years, Baldwin sought to work for international human rights, producing a volume, A New Slavery, which condemned “the inhuman communist police state tyranny, forced labor."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

21 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

Okay, mind sharing a source? 

I do believe many have already been shared. :)

26 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

I'll openly admit I intended the topic to be provocative. Immature, maybe, but not trolling, since I'm representing my true personal beliefs. 

Again, the ACLU isn't anti-Christian, it's pro-personal liberty. They've taken many cases defending Christians in the past, and I'm glad they also take cases defending Muslims, LGBT people, and others. 

I did genuinely donate to the ACLU. I'm not sure what form of proof I could provide without giving away personal information, so I guess it's up to you to decide. 

The American Civil Liberties Union has formally reversed its support for the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, signaling that the organization is no longer interested in mounting an ideologically consistent defense of all people of faith. It’s a disappointing retreat on principles for the ACLU, and the organization’s explanation suggests that a singular disdain for Christian belief is the reason.

Louise Melling, the ACLU’s deputy legal director, announced the change in policy in a Washington Post op-ed.

Further reading/source:

The ACLU Now Opposes Religious Freedom Because Christians Need It

The Sometimes Civil Liberties Union

Robby Soave|Jun. 29, 2015

Guest shiloh357
9 hours ago, Tea Ess said:

'Communist' isn't an insult for use against people you don't like, such as Sanders or Clinton. Like most words, it has a definition, which in this case is a specific ideology. Keep in mind that even if Baldwin was a communist, that doesn't equate to the ACLU being a communist organization.

Ii am not using "communist" as insult.   And I don't think I said that the ACLU is a communist organization, per se, but that it has its roots in communism.  I posted a link about the founder being a communist.   It is without question and indisputable that he was a communist.