• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/20/2017 at 9:28 PM, JTC said:

I've been wondering about this for some time. The only scripture references I know of are in Matt 12, 25 & 26 where Jesus is accused of casting out demons by the power of the devil. Jesus makes the point that if Satan were to let his power be used for good, such as casting out a demon, he'd be a kingdom divided. Jesus went on to say a divided kingdom can't survive. Based on this I don't think devils and demons would heal anyone. (Btw, the same account is in Mark 3: 23-26 and also Luke 11: 16-19) Does anyone have any other ideas?

Sure! Why not? 

There are truly fine, and I mean really outstanding, actions of generosity and healing,with the opening and maintaining of wonderful hospitals that we see advertised on cable tv every day, that have as their underlying base a absolute cult with  a mimicking and or denial of our Lord Jesus. Proving (least to me) that evil can and does do  "good works".

Why if the antichrist is to  bring peace will he not be known for healings too? I suspect he will be.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I left this topic open ended to hear what everyone would say. It kinda went in the wrong direction. But the consensus of opinion seems to be that a healing can be done by an evil entity especially with the goal of tricking us. What I was thinking about is if someone saw what they think is an angel of God and that angel healed a person would the healing prove it was a Holy angel and not an evil one. Unfortunately, I guess not. This is why I asked this. For the most part if an angel is healing someone he's probably a holy angel, especially if the person has been praying for healing. But the healing in and of itself is not a guarantee that the angel is Holy.   

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, JTC said:

I left this topic open ended to hear what everyone would say. It kinda went in the wrong direction. But the consensus of opinion seems to be that a healing can be done by an evil entity especially with the goal of tricking us. What I was thinking about is if someone saw what they think is an angel of God and that angel healed a person would the healing prove it was a Holy angel and not an evil one. Unfortunately, I guess not. This is why I asked this. For the most part if an angel is healing someone he's probably a holy angel, especially if the person has been praying for healing. But the healing in and of itself is not a guarantee that the angel is Holy.   

You are not clear, and that's is very confusing,

Some times we may leave details out, and still get a clear meaning of it. 

You have to give the specific scenario , the whole story with specifics. 

Jesus Christ gave powers to his disciples to heal all manner of sickness. 

The disciples were people, and they were his disciples, and Jesus said by faith in me. 

Jesus disciples had nothing to do with the "Holy men", of other relegions, or orders who are healers, and these days advertise their healing powers, and have nothing to do, with JESUS CHRIST. 

All kinds of faiths have their Holy men, and even in the Christian faith people look up to their Pastor and Minister and call them, the "Holy man", or the "Man of God", and that usually is happening in Countries where there are "Holy Men", of other relegions, so the people can make the distinction, between a Christian and non Christian leader. 

Many are called "Holy",   because they are not sinning, and they are ascetics, but have nothing to do and are not believers and disciples of JESUS CHRIST. 

Are you from one of these Countries, with "Holy Men", who are operating in other names , than the name of Jesus Christ only? 

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

5 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

You are not clear, and that's is very confusing,

Some times we may leave details out, and still get a clear meaning of it. 

You have to give the specific scenario , the whole story with specifics. 

Jesus Christ gave powers to his disciples to heal all manner of sickness. 

The disciples were people, and they were his disciples, and Jesus said by faith in me. 

Jesus disciples had nothing to do with the "Holy men", of other relegions, or orders who are healers, and these days advertise their healing powers, and have nothing to do, with JESUS CHRIST. 

All kinds of faiths have their Holy men, and even in the Christian faith people look up to their Pastor and Minister and call them, the "Holy man", or the "Man of God", and that usually is happening in Countries where there are "Holy Men", of other relegions, so the people can make the distinction, between a Christian and non Christian leader. 

Many are called "Holy",   because they are not sinning, and they are ascetics, but have nothing to do and are not believers and disciples of JESUS CHRIST. 

Are you from one of these Countries, with "Holy Men", who are operating in other names , than the name of Jesus Christ only? 

I'm in the USA. I wanted to hear what people had to say about this topic. I didn't want it going into the book of Revelation bc that book is very symbolic. I know Jesus said Satan wouldn't cast a demon out of someone bc then Satan would be working against himself. Unfortunately, that's the only scripture I know of that comes close to answering my question. I know the NT very well but not so much the OT and I thought maybe something in the OT addressed this directly. But apparently not. So as I said, the consensus of opinions are that even if devils can heal they probably wouldn't, and of course they'd only do it to trick us. Everyone agrees on that last point. I didn't want to start a discussion on the possibility of angels appearing to people bc we know they do. But some people may not believe that and I don't want to discuss that issue. I was not trying to be deceptive. I'm sorry if you felt offended. I've been asking a lot of people this question, not just online, and no one is absolutely certain. I was hoping there was scriptural proof that healing was proof of God but there isn't any that was quoted here. So it leaves the healing up to us to discern where it came from. IMO most of the time I believe the hand of God is involved.    

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, JTC said:

I was hoping there was scriptural proof that healing was proof of God but there isn't any that was quoted here. So it leaves the healing up to us to discern where it came from. IMO most of the time I believe the hand of God is involved.    

I didn't read the whole thread,  but just noticed this part of your post now -

that what you (apparently) meant was "is healing proof of God?".

That answer is very very very much EASIER than what I thought from the OP.

ABSOLUTELY NOT.   Healing that you might see or hear about, IS NOT PROOF of YHWH'S involvement even.

As noted like a sub-topic,  healing is OFTEN DECEPTIVE - much much more COMMON than TRUE HEALING IS.

In a kind of strange contrast also:  many here and in churches do not believe in healing,  and actually refuse to think about it or look into it.   Perhaps because they've been hurt so much in the past,  I don't know.   But real and true healing may be sought from GOD thru JESUS CHRIST, and HIS WAY (not man's way),  and true healing is not unbiblical nor is it altogether uncommon - just more rare and unknown than all the wrong ways that are well publicized to deceive.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

Bible says all good comes from God. Bible also says God gives gifts without repentance. We know angels have been given the gift of healing because there is at least one account of people gathering by a pool and the first person in the water would be healed. Jesus healed a man that wasnt able to get in the pool to get his healing from an angel. 

So my answer in yes. I imagine the demons and devil have all kinds of gifts from God to do good to man that God has not taken back.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, JTC said:

I'm in the USA. I wanted to hear what people had to say about this topic. I didn't want it going into the book of Revelation bc that book is very symbolic. I know Jesus said Satan wouldn't cast a demon out of someone bc then Satan would be working against himself. Unfortunately, that's the only scripture I know of that comes close to answering my question. I know the NT very well but not so much the OT and I thought maybe something in the OT addressed this directly. But apparently not. So as I said, the consensus of opinions are that even if devils can heal they probably wouldn't, and of course they'd only do it to trick us. Everyone agrees on that last point. I didn't want to start a discussion on the possibility of angels appearing to people bc we know they do. But some people may not believe that and I don't want to discuss that issue. I was not trying to be deceptive. I'm sorry if you felt offended. I've been asking a lot of people this question, not just online, and no one is absolutely certain. I was hoping there was scriptural proof that healing was proof of God but there isn't any that was quoted here. So it leaves the healing up to us to discern where it came from. IMO most of the time I believe the hand of God is involved.    

Hello JTC, JESUS CHRIST healed many, not just Jews, but even Gentiles, although a few. 

One time he said, and that it was before the Cross, that his mission was to the Jews only, but that before the Cross. 

He also said something else to the Jews, who  believe in God and were not Idolaters, that if you are not sure if am the CHRIST , believe in me that I am the CHRIST for the works that I do, and he was including the healings he was doing, and Peter said in the man by the gate in the Name of Jesus get up and walk. 

And many believed in JESUS CHRIST because of the miracles he and his disciples did. 

After the resuraction JESUS comanted the disciples and said to them.

I sent you in the whole world now to everyone and the same miracles I did among the Jews, I give you power for you to do among the Gentiles, and he said that for Jesus die for all, and he said to them , preach the good news and do the miracles in my name, so the people will see that I am the Lord and that I am not dead and I am alive evermore. 

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Of cause satin can create miracles,  he' comes as an angel of light 2 Cor 11:14    Are there demonic powers in this world?Jesus warned 3 times of deceptive miracles in the last days. Mt 24:24 Paul gives the same warning in 2 Thess.  Rev 13:11-14 talks of Satin giving the beast power, who gives the power to the beast? satin & Why does he give the power. To deceive people away from the Truth, if you are not following the truth what or who are you following.

Edited by Riccardo

5 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Bible says all good comes from God. Bible also says God gives gifts without repentance. We know angels have been given the gift of healing because there is at least one account of people gathering by a pool and the first person in the water would be healed. Jesus healed a man that wasnt able to get in the pool to get his healing from an angel. 

So my answer in yes. I imagine the demons and devil have all kinds of gifts from God to do good to man that God has not taken back.

Not quite,  since the enemy comes only to kill, to steal and to destroy.   And lie all the time.   Anything and everything good comes from YHWH,   and HE turns everything , good and bad,  to the good of everyone who loves YHWH, who are called according to HIS PURPOSE.      The enemy can 'heal' and even raise from the dead as has been witnessed for much longer than we have been alive on earth today,  but the healing the enemy does is always deceptive, leading to destruction.    One girl in africa was 'healed' of a very visible facial deformity when she was young(about 3 y.o.)by a witch doctor (devil worshiper).  The 'healing' held (lasted about 7 or 10 years, for all to see.   Then a true messenger from YHWH with the GOSPEL and the POWER of JESUS came to the village and healed many who were sick.    They prayed for this little girl,  AND HER FACIAL DEFORMATY RETURNED.... (actually became visible again)... the first prayers had been for the girl to be released from the power of the devil.   THEN they prayed , for her to be TRULY HEALED,   and her face (and whole person) was PERFECTLY HEALED AT ONCE BY JESUS - and  she and her family and community all gave glory to YHWH  CREATOR and Y'SHUA MESSIAH and learned to worship the ONE TRUE GOD, YHWH, and not to serve the witchdoctors nor the devil nor to fear them any more.

1 hour ago, Riccardo said:

Why does he give the power to deceive people away from the Truth, who blames to be the truth? 

People have always been given choices,  who to serve.  Deceivers, false prophets, false teachers are much more common than truth ,  and YHWH and Y'SHUA always warned to not listen to them.   YHWH provides a way to be free from them, but often it requires leaving all previous life behind, including family, friends, neighbors, and groups someone has grown up with.   When people refuse to give up their friends, family, and religion they grew up with,  they won't learn the truth nor receive YHWH'S perfect gifts, including salvation.  Whoever comes to Y'SHUA (JESUS) , HE will not turn away.  HIS PROMISE.  HIS WORD.   Y'SHUA is FAITHFUL, perfectly.  And YHWH always guards HIS WORD to accomplish it.