IGNORED

What's this? Illegals don't feel free to openly gather for a foreign holiday celebration?

MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

6 hours ago, Radiant_Owl said:

I don't think people who think illegal immigration isn't a crime are serious.

I'd hope "illegal" immigration gives them the first clue. And yes, they should be imprisoned. Mainly because deportation doesn't work any more than a slap with a ruler on the backside after they get on the boat, plane, or bus to go back home would serve to stop them from ever coming back. As we know, illegals deported do come back. Because there's no incentive not to. There's no punishment.

Not only should they be imprisoned but it should bee a prison work camp. Making furniture, etc.... Their pay is the room and board they receive for the duration of their sentence.

I'm dead serious about imprisoning illegals. Because every nation on earth can be said to do that at  the very least when their law enforcement captures those who are illegally in their country.

Why should tax payers keep paying to boot trespassers out? When those trespassers return again and again and cost us more and more and in more ways than just cash.

I just can't agree with imprisoning people if they have committed no crime except sneaking in.  I'd prefer to let them PAY their way to legality.  Great for the Treasury and great for the workers.  But, the numbers need to be limited; we cannot absorb untold millions of people; there are not enough jobs for them. 

Just as a side note, and not attempting to derail the thread but it appears the Canadians are not too happy about the numbers of illegals sneaking across THEIR borders either!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-almost-half-canadians-want-illegal-border-crossers-101048596.html

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

I think, when people break the law they place themselves into a prison of their own activities. It's a prison of fear in which they will forever be looking over their shoulders for the justice that all law abiding people take for granted. It's not within anyone's authority to forgive them their trespasses as it is their duty to themselves and the rest of society to make things right.

The conscience is, I think what the Holy Spirit talks to us through and it is the same for everyone. If you gut tells you that you are in the wrong, then it is up to you to make it right. If not you will bear your own iniquities and your worries to the day you die. What happens after that is beyond our power to change. That power is with God and God alone.

8 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

I think, when people break the law they place themselves into a prison of their own activities. It's a prison of fear in which they will forever be looking over their shoulders for the justice that all law abiding people take for granted. It's not within anyone's authority to forgive them their trespasses as it is their duty to themselves and the rest of society to make things right.

The conscience is, I think what the Holy Spirit talks to us through and it is the same for everyone. If you gut tells you that you are in the wrong, then it is up to you to make it right. If not you will bear your own iniquities and your worries to the day you die. What happens after that is beyond our power to change. That power is with God and God alone.

And God would not be happy with illegals breaking the law....I sure hope they've thought of that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

We really face some difficult decsions in our country. So important to pray. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

15 hours ago, Logan said:

Why not...St Patrick's day is?

St pats day is pretty much just a drinking day. Cinco de mayo in arizona is nicknamed cinco de drinko because it too is just a drinking holiday, with the addition of chihuahua races lol.

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I just can't agree with imprisoning people if they have committed no crime except sneaking in.  I'd prefer to let them PAY their way to legality.  Great for the Treasury and great for the workers.  But, the numbers need to be limited; we cannot absorb untold millions of people; there are not enough jobs for them. 

I think we should deport the ones who come here illegally, and return to what we used to do with those immigrating to our country.  To immigrate to the US you had to prove that you were going to be an asset to the nation.  You had to come here with a skill, something that would make you employable.  You had to have an education, and you had to be healthy.   You had to come to the US with money to support yourself with until you found work.  We didn't just let in every person that wanted to come here.

One problem, as I see it, is that there is this unspoken, unwritten notion that coming to the US is some kind of right, something we owe anyone who wants to come here, and if we restrict immigration, we are "racist" or "unAmerican."   But living in the US is only the right of citizens.   For everyone else it is a privilege we grant according to our own good pleasure as a sovereign nation.    There is no law that says that the US must accept everyone who comes across the border.  

Under our current approach to immigration, we are accepting people into the country that are a drain on our nation, and are a liability to freedom, not an asset, and that needs to stop.

Guest shiloh357

We need to lose the concept of "illegal immigration" or "Illegal immigrant."   Both of those phrases are contradiction in terms.    Immigrants are people who come to the US to become Americans both legally, but in heart and soul.  They come here, get a job, pay taxes, learn the language, assimilate into our culture and have a singular loyalty to the US.   To come here illegally, is not to "immigrate."   Illegals are aliens, not immigrants.   There are illegal aliens, but there are no illegal immigrants, and we need to stop calling them immigrants. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

We need to lose the concept of "illegal immigration" or "Illegal immigrant."   Both of those phrases are contradiction in terms.    Immigrants are people who come to the US to become Americans both legally, but in heart and soul.  They come here, get a job, pay taxes, learn the language, assimilate into our culture and have a singular loyalty to the US.   To come here illegally, is not to "immigrate."   Illegals are aliens, not immigrants.   There are illegal aliens, but there are no illegal immigrants, and we need to stop calling them immigrants. 

I understand where you are coming from in that you are tired of illegal immigrants getting the same level of credence as legal immigrants but the definition of an immigrant is simply someone who comes to a country to live permanently.  You are adding a bunch of other characteristics that simply are not actually part of the definition.  Even some who come legally never fully come heart and sole.  My wife's grandmother who immigrated from Europe after WWII paid taxes, ran a business, raised to sons who were job creators but her heart sole and loyalty really never left her mother-land and she always resented her family dragging her over here.  Illegal immigrant is an accurate description.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, shoes_untied said:

I understand where you are coming from in that you are tired of illegal immigrants getting the same level of credence as legal immigrants but the definition of an immigrant is simply someone who comes to a country to live permanently.  

They are people who come here for the purpose of living and assmilating and the fact that they come here legally is a foregone conclusion.  If we were talking about coming to a land that was unsettled and where there was no existing nation/society, then your definition would be correct.

But the purpose of immigrating to a nation is to be  a part of that nation, to become a citizen and live productively as a citizen.   That precludes any type of illegal entrance to the country.

You are adding a bunch of other characteristics that simply are not actually part of the definition.  

Actually, it was US immigration policy originally, and we should return to that policy and ONLY those who could be a benefit to our nation, who have an education, who are in good health, who can be hired and have a skill and thus live productively should be allowed to immigrate and become part of our nation.    We don't need to be opening our doors to the low-lifes and human scum, the dregs of society who just want to come here and leech off of us.  We need to set standards that benefit our nation when it comes to immigration.

Even some who come legally never fully come heart and sole.  My wife's grandmother who immigrated from Europe after WWII paid taxes, ran a business, raised to sons who were job creators but her heart sole and loyalty really never left her mother-land and she always resented her family dragging her over here.

There are exceptions.   But the ideal behind the concept of immigration is what it is despite some who fail to live up to what real immigration is.

Illegal immigrant is an accurate description.

No it is not.  Real immigration is always legal.   That is the only correct way to see it.   Those who come here illegally are illegal aliens not immigrants.   Those who don't want to be here to become Americans, really don't belong and need to either leave or be kicked out.