IGNORED

What's this? Illegals don't feel free to openly gather for a foreign holiday celebration?

MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Justice_League said:

What if I told you... that 100% of illegal immigrants are criminals?

IMG_0492.JPG

I would agree with you.

6 minutes ago, Cletus said:

if they are deported they will be back in two weeks.  tops.  most will have their same job waiting for them.  unless we go after those harboring them it will never end.

Good point but for one thing; they are becoming less inclined to come back and less inclined to come in the first place.  It's the Trump Effect.  :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Viva la migra!!!  

Indeed.  Do you speak Spanish, Cletus!

1 minute ago, Cletus said:

not fluently.  i can speak simple sentences.  but i understand when i hear it.  I dont always understand when i read spanish.  

Me too; I took Spanish and Latin in school and I live in Texas so it's everywhere.  Sometimes I'll understand every word and then sometimes nada.  La migra are not popular here.  :P

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, Cletus said:

if they are deported they will be back in two weeks.  tops.  most will have their same job waiting for them.  unless we go after those harboring them it will never end.

Yes, I remember how the Obama administration bragged on how many illegal aliens were deported under his presidency, but I wonder how many of those were simply repeat offenders.   If they were not allowed to count repeat deportations, those numbers of actual illegals who were deported would go down drastically.

What good is deportation if you let them back in?

That is why we need to return to our previous immigration policy that created a bottleneck so that only the best qualified from other countries were allowed to immigrate to the US.   We need to stop letting anyone in who wants in.   Not every one deserves to immigrate to the US.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

11 hours ago, Cletus said:

That's only true up to a point. My parents dragged me to McAllen, Texas, not long after I graduated high school in the early 1980's. The Border Patrol used to raid the local high school from time to time, and the kids would be back the next day. One of my co-workers actually had a friend report him so he and some relatives could get a free ride to the border crossing in Brownsville because they were having a wedding in Matamoros! He got picked up on Thursday and was back at work on Monday. It was really obvious that this sort of thing had been going on for years and years, and I'd only been back in the US for a few months at the time.

A few years back several states passed laws making it more difficult for illegals to get work (i.e. they started actively checking the documents filed for valid SSN's, etc.) Several neighborhoods in my area almost emptied over night after those laws were passed. Why? Because the illegals with fake documents left and either went back to their home country, or to another state without those laws. Then the Obama Administration sued the states and made them stop enforcing those laws - and then those empty 'hoods filled up again.

Simplest solution might just be this: Register 'em, they get to stay without fear of deportation - but they also get a Tax ID Number so they can pay taxes here. (There should also be a path to citizenship in there, but that could be worked out later.) That would help defray some of the costs. Don't wanna pay the taxes? Kick 'em out for tax evasion, which is breaking the law. I got to follow similar rules while working as a contractor in Germany and their system seemed to work pretty well.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 3/24/2017 at 11:43 PM, MorningGlory said:

Me too; I took Spanish and Latin in school and I live in Texas so it's everywhere.  Sometimes I'll understand every word and then sometimes nada.  La migra are not popular here.  :P

:laugh:       Is it wrong to read your remarks about learning Latin in school and then remembering VP Dan Quail? “I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn’t study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people.”:emot-dance:

12 minutes ago, Radiant_Owl said:

:laugh:       Is it wrong to read your remarks about learning Latin in school and then remembering VP Dan Quail? “I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn’t study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people.”:emot-dance:

Ohmigosh!  I never heard that quote but I'd have to tell Mr. Quayle that Latin is a dead language, only spoken in the RCC.  I took Latin as a precurser for medical terminology and physiology because I originally wanted to earn a BSN.  That was before I worked in a couple of hospitals as a nurse tech and saw injured and dying people.  That ended that but I still remember my Latin. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

7 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Ohmigosh!  I never heard that quote but I'd have to tell Mr. Quayle that Latin is a dead language, only spoken in the RCC.  I took Latin as a precurser for medical terminology and physiology because I originally wanted to earn a BSN.  That was before I worked in a couple of hospitals as a nurse tech and saw injured and dying people.  That ended that but I still remember my Latin. 

I think people who work in emergency care in any capacity are called by God to do so. I couldn't do it. Far too much heartbreak to suffer through hour upon hour every day.

When Quayle first said that certain persons in the press tried to claim he was kidding. He wasn't. That was obvious.

1 hour ago, Radiant_Owl said:

I think people who work in emergency care in any capacity are called by God to do so. I couldn't do it. Far too much heartbreak to suffer through hour upon hour every day.

When Quayle first said that certain persons in the press tried to claim he was kidding. He wasn't. That was obvious.

One would have to be pretty clueless to not know Latin is a dead language.  It IS the foundation of French, Spanish, Italian and English languages though.