zorgblar

Question about God

What if God gave you the power to make things happen just by thinking about them?(I think this is called telekinesis)I would go around using my power to help people to get better if they were sick in mind or body.What would you do? 

17 minutes ago, zorgblar said:

What if God gave you the power to make things happen just by thinking about them?(I think this is called telekinesis)I would go around using my power to help people to get better if they were sick in mind or body.What would you do? 

Fantasy and Magic, not appropriate for a Christian discussion Board.

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Were does it go then?Sorry if this got you mad.

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

I take it you are not a big fan of CS Lewis and his writings?  Or of John Bunyan and The Pilgrim's Progress.  

6 hours ago, zorgblar said:

Do not worry about it, if there was a problem an actual Moderator would let you know and would remove the thread.  There is nothing wrong with your post.

Your questions is an interesting one as we all would like to think that we would go around doing nothing but good, but as they say, power corrupts and having such a power would make so many things a temptation.   I personally would not trust myself with such power.  

telekinesis is the supposed power to move things with your mind. You can't heal anyone with it. If you saw a car about to hit a pedestrian you might be able to move the person or stop the car, that's what you can do with telekinesis. This is a good topic for a superhero fantasy board, since this is fantasy.

2 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I take it you are not a big fan of CS Lewis and his writings?  Or of John Bunyan and The Pilgrim's Progress.  

I'm not a big fan of magic nope. Having been involved in the occult in the past, I'm probably more sensitive to that sort of thing.

8 hours ago, zorgblar said:

Perhaps in 'Controversial Topics'.

I didn't get mad, just expressed my opinion. 

I would like to ask zorg if a s/he's a new born again Christian because I think asking questions is good but some of the questions asked have me saying, what? Why would a Christian ask or even entertain that question? 

Just my two cents.

I just thought of this. There's a famous quote that says "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". If a person did have the power to make things happen with their mind that person might go around healing others for awhile, or repairing the buildings in slums where the landlords won't. He might even go to Africa and make food appear for the starving people. At that point our hero would gain great popularity and admiration from millions. It would feel great and the corruption of his mind would start. He might create money for himself or with this power you might not need much money. Just create a bunch of awesome cars, a yacht, and start living the good life. Sure, if you happen to run across a crippled person you'd probably make him walk but in time you'd no longer be seeking out the poor, the sick, the unfortunate, and all the people you once helped. It's human nature. God knows this better than we do which is 1 reason God doesn't allow us to have this kind of power. Not even angels can do stuff like that although Lucifer wanted that power so badly it turned him into Satan.