• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

54 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I'm not getting into a baptism debate. 

I asked a simple question. What scripture supports that babies go to heaven with grace through faith. 

You just said it, salvation comes from grace through faith. Babies do not have the ability to profess a faith in Jesus so how can you say they go to heaven??

scripture please. 

I gave you scripture. Now please give me scripture that says babies are not saved and will go to hell when they die if they are not baptized.

Guest Judas Machabeus
19 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I gave you scripture.

No you agave me 

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God- 
9 not because of works, lest any man should boast.

that doesn't explain how a baby goes to heaven. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
29 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Now please give me scripture that says babies are not saved and will go to hell when they die if they are not baptized

I never said they go to hell, you keep trying to turn this into a baptism debate. Sorry but I'm not interested in that debate in this thread. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I'm not getting into a baptism debate. 

I asked a simple question. What scripture supports that babies go to heaven with grace through faith. 

You just said it, salvation comes from grace through faith. Babies do not have the ability to profess a faith in Jesus so how can you say they go to heaven??

scripture please. 

You asked this and I gave you an answer so that should be the end of it...yes?

"So if the only way to heaven is through a personal faith, than how can a baby be saved? How can the baby go to heaven?

i don't want to start a baptism debate. I'm just asking how can a baby achieve salvation when it is unable to accept Jesus as its savour"?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/21/2017 at 9:35 PM, zorgblar said:

If a baby would die and go to heaven how would they know they had died and went to heaven if they are just babies?

May I share this impression  from the peanut gallery for consideration:

Their angels have always had the face of God before them. So I would think each infant has had protection that surpasses all the ills and perils that we might imagine could befall them. They are blessed of God.   All the debates about baptisms of any kind, and of original sin, and sin before even birth, is rendered moot by the grace and mercy of our LORD as expressed  by the saving sacrifice made by Jesus. As well as  is told us in the record of Luke and of Mark which we consider to be the word inspired of God and useful for all things concerning our understanding of God's ways and our faith.

Who is to say that an infant even of the womb does not know God? They know good and evil, they are not innocent of that, and will even steal their brother's inheritance while still in the womb of their mother. YET Jesus has made  provision for them and has declared it to be so, declaring that  if we as adults do not come before him as a child does we will not inherit the Kingdom of God. To me that does NOT mean a  child is innocent, it means God is merciful, especially to  children whose ability to trust has not been so compromised as it has in jaded  and suspicious adults.

I am convinced that there is no doubt that God has made the perfect provision for the children, even infants, even infants in the womb of their mothers. And that none of us need concern ourselves about our present fleshly bodies, nor the state of theirs, as  fleshly bodies are of no concern, regardless of their state of development in the flesh. We are privileged to put on new bodies, spiritual bodies.

Seems to me we are all going to have a new beginning in that state and an eternity  to praise our creator's Glory.

"Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them. And when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. 16 But Jesus called them to him, saying, 'Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. 17 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.' " -From the accounting  by  Luke and by Mark

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven."

"35But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?” 36You foolish person! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37And what you sow is not the body that is to be, but a bare kernel, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain. 38But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body. 39For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish. 40There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another. 41There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.

42So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable. 43It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. 44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”;e the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual. 47The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven. 48As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. 49Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shallf also bear the image of the man of heaven."      - From Paul to  the church at Corinth