spiderman1917

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  2

If God left clear messages in the sky now and then or spoke clear messages to people, how many Atheists would there be?  I don't think there would be any.  So, I think we can agree that there is a sure cure to Atheism and disbelief in our world.  

God could easily leave clear messages in the sky and speak clearly to everyone.  This would likely solve the Muslim and heretic problem.  Yet God chooses to hide himself and hide the truth.  You will say that he didn't hide the truth, it is all in the Bible.  The problem with that is the Bible often leads people to opposite opinions and beliefs.  My Bible tells me that believers can do the works of Christ and greater works (Yet no one is doing that).  My Bible tells me I can tell a mountain to be cast into the sea and it will be done.  My Bible tells me that I will receive everything I ask for in Jesus name.  

Perhaps God wants there to be Atheists, confusion, division, Muslims, and heretics.  If God doesn't want it that way, then why does he hide himself, hide the truth, and refuse to speak clearly?  He knows that by doing so, it will create disbelief, confusion, Heresy, division, and other consequences, yet that is how he chooses to operate.  The only thing I can think of is that he wants it that way.  If He wants it that way, it must be a good thing.

I'm not trying to offend anyone.  It is a serious question that is always in my head and I appreciate your answers.  I also appreciate it if you pray for me.  My name is Matthew Janes.  Please pray that I do God's will and that God answers my questions.  I'm in a bad place mentally, emotionally,  spiritually, and financially.  Thank you for your intercession :)

God's will be done!  (I know you're reading this Mr. God :))

Edited by spiderman1917

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Hey Spiderman,

Opinions will vary on this, and I hope no one is offended by an honest question. I am going to guess, than no one will be offended by the questions, but there will be those, who might be offendedby what others think the Bible has to say about the topic. In this post, I am not going to offer an opinion, but people will be able to get a clue about what I think about your question, from the following verses that I post, when may or may not, offer insight to to topic. I will let others choose for themselves, whether the verses apply or not, and if so, how so:

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

John 10: How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

1 Cor 2: 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, spiderman1917 said:

I also appreciate it if you pray for me.  My name is Matthew Janes.  Please pray that I do God's will and that God answers my questions.  I'm in a bad place mentally, emotionally,  spiritually, and financially.  Thank you for your intercession 

God's will be done!  (I know you're reading this Mr. God :))

Praying For you Matthew!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

No, God does not want any atheist or agnostics in the world.

God is long suffering though and not willing that any should perish but rather that they come to repentance.

When the kingdom of God is realized on earth then every one will know God from the least unto the greatest.  God is simply finishing his short work upon the earth.

Everyone is given an opportunity to know God.  God comes to everyone.  Many reject God when he comes.  These he gives over to a reprobate mind to do things that are not agreeable and bring about terrible consequences.  The list can be found in Romans 1.

God sends me to meet atheists and agnostics everyday.  I have 9 men I am currently discipling and 5 of them are former atheist or agnostic.  Confession is always a repeat of the list in Romans.

Lets get rid of all atheist amd agnostics by making believers out of them :)

4 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Hey Spiderman,

Opinions will vary on this, and I hope no one is offended by an honest question. I am going to guess, than no one will be offended by the questions, but there will be those, who might be offendedby what others think the Bible has to say about the topic. In this post, I am not going to offer an opinion, but people will be able to get a clue about what I think about your question, from the following verses that I post, when may or may not, offer insight to to topic. I will let others choose for themselves, whether the verses apply or not, and if so, how so:

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

John 10: How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

1 Cor 2: 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

excellent Scripture verses!  I appreciate it.  Apparently I am born of the flesh and haven't been born again (of the Spirit) because I lack understanding.  However, I have prayed and prayed hundreds of times to be born of the Spirit, have understanding, and do God's will.  Why is God not granting me understanding or the grace to know what He wants me to do?  Some people seem to not need God to do everything for them.  I'm not one of those people and am completely hopeless without God.  A shepherd is badly needed at all times and the shepherd has hidden himself.

Scripture says "my word shall not return void".  Then why do I not receive understanding when I pray for it in Jesus name?  His Word says 
"ask and yea shall receive, seek and yea shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you...ask anything of the Father in my name and it shall be done for you".

There is a voice in me telling me that reading the Bible won't lead to the truth because I can't trust my interpretation of the Bible.  I don't see the Bible as speaking clearly because it often leads people to opposite opinions and beliefs.  I don't embrace Dogma because I see that Christians are divided about Dogma and there is no voice telling me who is right, therefore Dogma divides people and it is impossible to discern who to trust.

Edited by spiderman1917

4 hours ago, gdemoss said:

No, God does not want any atheist or agnostics in the world.

Do you think there would be any Atheists if God spoke clearly to people or left clear messages in the sky?  I think there would be none.  Yet God has hidden the truth,  hidden himself, and refuses to speak clearly.   This leads people to wonder if He isn't even there or doesn't care. He knows that will create unbelievers, yet chooses to operate that way anyway.  It must be because he wants there to be unbelievers...

Edited by spiderman1917

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9 (NIV) Sounds like HE wants everyone to be saved to me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings spiderman

I am praying for you to,have been from the start........I don't know if as you say,"Why can't I be Born of Spirit" ;or something like that....what I'm saying is that I have no idea if your spirit has been made ALIVE or not,don't know if you are Born Again,I don't see any evidence of bearing fruit BUT it could be that you are simply hindering your own ability to operate by the Power of Holy Spirit,by your flesh......I don't know your HEART & by the sound of it(like all of us) you don't either...one thing is for certain,....God knows your heart

You can pray from now until doomsday for Wisdom & Understanding & to be born of Spirit but thats not how it works my friend......you can only be Born Again when you earnestly want,are willing to surrender to Jesus as Lord & Savior......the day we are WILLING to die to ourselves(that doesn't mean we give up anything,its a matter of the heart) the repentant heart is "willing" to be changed....,,perhaps you have gone to the foot of the cross in that state,willing,repentant,broken,seeking forgiveness  & knowing Jesus is your Lord & Savior.....you very well may have & then,like so many of us we are torn between flesh & spirit & continue to succumb to the flesh.....this hinders transformation,access to the Heart & Mind of Christ Jesus.....

I've heard what you have to say for a long time,I believe you continue to do the same thing over & over expecting different results because you may have been taught about Jesus,not being lead to JESUS.....even your cute little plea to "Mr.God" is not very funny in my eyes,its irreverent,He is Sovereign God Almighty and if you could know Him as your Heavenly Father then I don't believe those kind of jokes could come from you......imo      Let Jesus take you to the Throne of Grace,by the hand,in the intimate ,personal Way that ONLY HE can,,,,,,& will if you ask.....Wisdom & Understanding comes AFTER all the junk,garbage,false doctrine,human logic,academics are emptied out......fill the new wine skins with new wine.......

So,if you are having difficulties,go back wherever you left off,got stuck,go back to the foot of the cross......instead of going all over the place in the Bible start at the beginning,the Book of John.....you are trying to search the Scripture & have grand revelations in the Old TEstament,a bit of this,a bit off that.....it doesnt work like that.......dig down deep,ask the Lord to Reveal to you YOUR HEART  ,why are you worrying about atheists,muslims,this one & that one......learn WHO you are in CHrist FIRST and then as a disciple you can be an effective & productive member of His Body,that can & will make a big difference in some mixed up kids life,,,,,,sound familiar? I came from the same place as you,raise catholic & had "religion" shoved down my throat ,I knew the Bible inside & out & didn't know the first thing about WHO I am in Christ.....a whole lot of education & knowledge,ZERO Wisdom or UNDERSTANDING.....,.elimination process must take place,let go of the old,the deception,the false teachings.....Nicodemus said"How can a man go back in the womb?" How can one who thinks himself a "man" become a baby?    The old man must die,thsts how     AS long as you are seeking His Hand you cannot see His Face,even right in front of you

Okay,I thought tht important first ......does God want atheists etc,,,,,I agree with Rick.....God so loved the world,of course He does not want anyone to die in a state of unbelief.....& he does not hide Himself,He is not elusive......The Heavens declare His Glory,our Redeemer Lives & His Spirit is alive ,well & ever present .....I beliee the very air we breathe is His Breath......everything is His.......                                                                                                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

16 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

If God left clear messages in the sky now and then or spoke clear messages to people, how many Atheists would there be? :))

GOD  has left clear messages in the sky and on the earth.  (Creation). (Existence is not an accident). 

Atheists exist because rebellion in the heart exists.

And no, God does not want atheism to exist....He wants and desires that all become His family, and to prove it He provided Himself on a Cross.

Edited by Behold

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

26 minutes ago, Behold said:

GOD  has left clear messages in the sky and on the earth.  (Creation). (Existence is not an accident). 

Atheists exist because rebellion in the heart exists.

And no, God does not want atheism to exist....He wants and desires that all become His family, and to prove it He provided Himself on a Cross.

Yep...:)