Why Many Churches are Formed?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

All the church leaders who form new church which they supposed not to according to Jude 1:19, and the christians without knowing the mistakes done by the leaders, follow them.

Those who form new churches fulfill 1 Timothy 6:5-6.

Even though these Bible texts existed including others which are not quoted here, people still continue to break and form new church and others continue to follow them.

Why do they form new churches even when the Bible says no to that?

I think we are confused just like the Jewish of Jerusalem during the time of Jesuss and what is your opinion?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

The BIBLE doesn't say not to do what YHWH'S people do today.

Even the Apostles said "One sows,  another waters, but it is YHWH WHO gives the growth(if there is any)".

YHWH CREATOR (GOD)  establishes who HE wants, where HE wants.

YHWH lifts up , and YHWH brings down.   Blessed be HIS NAME.

Where 2 or 3 are gathered in Y'SHUA'S NAME ,  they are YHWH'S set apart ecclesia, talking to one another about HIM.

"Ecclesia" is not what "church" is today.   (Compare all thru the NEW TESTAMENT, with the assemblies of YHWH'S PEOPLE,  and see if there are any similarities and what the similarities are when there are any).

"Ecclesia" was some time in the past changed from the assembly of YHWH'S people to a building or an organization called "church",  thus causing a lot of confusion at times.

When YHWH'S set apart people meet together to talk of HIM,  that is "church" SCRIPTURALLY.

Sure, they can meet in regular buildings also, and at regular times,  and as YHWH has appointed, they do.

So,  if YHWH'S people meet outside of those buildings, at other places, at other times,  as YHWH has appointed, that is good too.  

Let YHWH'S people meet everywhere and anywhere YHWH appoints or allows or arranges, as we/they talk about HIM.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

There are many reasons for churches being established.  In the beginning it was because of language.  There was a need to hear the Scriptures and sermons in their own language.  But in time many churches departed from the teachings of Scripture and went their own way, slowly dying without the life of the Spirit working through God's Word.  So a remnant of true believers split off and restore Bible believing churches.  And history repeats itself.  

Some churches are established to reach certain groups that had been shunned by the other churches.  One reaches out to the homeless, another to alcoholics, another to disenchanted hippies.  Praise God for hearts of compassion!  We are always finding "unreached people groups" whether abroad or among ourselves.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 3/21/2017 at 11:06 PM, Malcomx said:

All the church leaders who form new church which they supposed not to according to Jude 1:19, and the christians without knowing the mistakes done by the leaders, follow them.

Those who form new churches fulfill 1 Timothy 6:5-6.

Even though these Bible texts existed including others which are not quoted here, people still continue to break and form new church and others continue to follow them.

Why do they form new churches even when the Bible says no to that?

I think we are confused just like the Jewish of Jerusalem during the time of Jesuss and what is your opinion?

I have a theory. Please notice theory not trying to false teach. I cant remember the name of a widely believed and accepted truth but in simple terms every word in the bible stands alone as a perfect truth and is the words of God. I think some people take this idea to far. If you state job's friends claims as Gods word without context you be teaching as truth something God said was not correct.

Because of the above teaching people started taking verses and half verses out of context and making doctrins. I pretty much an convinced doctrins built on verses out of contexts are usually con jobs.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

Roman Catholics always say the existence of so many denominations proves they are False and the RCC is the only true church. Not everyone who says they are Christians really are- in fact I think true Christians are in a minority of those who use the label--

I do not believe that Roman church is the true church, and I believe most of the protestant churches are also in grievous error.

But Jesus says in Mathew 18- wherever 2 or more are gathered in my name - there I am in the midst of them---its not hard to have a church- 2 or more true believers are all that's needed-

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

There is one Church organism (the Body of Christ).  But, there are many Church organizations.

If you are saved, you are part of the Body of Christ (the Church Organism).  But anyone and anything can be part of the Church organization (including Satan**). Believers, unbelievers, etc. And they will design their version of the organization to fit their unbiblical to pseudo-biblical beliefs system. 

** If memory serves, the late Dr. J. Vernon McGee once said something to the effect "the devil could not lick the Church so he joined the Church..." meaning he could best destroy with deception from within than a direct assault from without. I {used} to credit Dr. McGee with making this claim about Emperor Constantine but was unable to substantiate that claim. So I will  make it. The day the Emperor of Rome legalized Christianity and made it the religion of State was the day Satan joined the Church (organization).

There are many other means through which deception enters the attempt to organize the Body of Believers (typically all are some form of traditions of men: based on their private interpretation of the scriptures).

2 Peter 1:20–21 (AV)
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

There are a couple of reasons why new denominations are formed.

1. Somebody thought their denomination was corrupt and that it didn't follow what the Bible really said, so they broke off and formed a new denomination that they thought would follow the Bible closer and more accurately.

2. Somebody wanted to hold a position of importance and decided that the best way to gain power was to create another denomination.

In other words, new denominations are either created because 1) someone genuinely thought their denomination was corrupt and tried to fix it, or 2) somebody was greedy and didn't really care for true Christianity, they only wanted power.