• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

2014JO25 will not be any closer that four and a half times the distance as from here to the moon. Nothing fearful about that! Without modern equipment, no one would even know or notice.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

2014JO25 will not be any closer that four and a half times the distance as from here to the moon. Nothing fearful about that! Without modern equipment, no one would even know or notice.

Ya, I know. But "1999AN10" will pass the Earth at only a lunar distance in year 2027. It will break the record of "2004BL86" as the closest miss in year 2015 at 3.1 lunar distances. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

The word "ódinó", (I am in travail, suffer birth-pangs) only occurs three times in scripture.. Gal 4:19, Gal 4:27, Rev 12:2. 

It's interesting because scripture uses "ódin" (the pain of childbirth, severe agony) in Matt 24:8, 1 Thess 5:3, Acts 2:24... more so because "birth pangs" are used to describe "agony of death" (Jesus death) in Acts 2:24.

This passage reminds me of how the body of christ has been in gestation for 2000 years and that Jesus was in agony when He was at the Mount of Olives praying to the Father in regards to the sins of the whole world in Luke 22:39-46.

It's also a reminder of how God will raise the dead at first resurrection and also rapture. Eph 1:14 "redemption/apolutrósis" is meant to deliver us at rapture from a sinful world that brings death upon us, a release effected by payment of ransom. 

When Peter addressed the crowd, the church age (the body of christ) had just begun in Acts 2:1-4. I also find it interesting that "the day of the lord" is also mentioned in Acts 2:20. It also mentions how the body will be resurrected again, Acts 2:26-27.

Psa 6:1-4 Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. 2Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am faint; heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony. 3My soul is in deep anguish. How long, Lord, how long? 4Turn, Lord, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.

Psa 42:9-10 I say to God my Rock, “Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?” 10My bones suffer mortal agony as my foes taunt me, saying to me all day long, “Where is your God? (2 Pet 3:4)”

Jer 4:19, 31 Oh, my anguish, my anguish! I writhe in pain. Oh, the agony of my heart! My heart pounds within me, I cannot keep silent. For I have heard the sound of the trumpet; I have heard the battle cry. 31I hear a cry as of a woman in labor, a groan as of one bearing her first child-- the cry of Daughter Zion gasping for breath, stretching out her hands and saying, "Alas! I am fainting; my life is given over to murderers."

Ezek 30:15-16 I will pour out my wrath on Pelusium, the stronghold of Egypt, and wipe out the hordes of Thebes. 16I will set fire to Egypt; Pelusium will writhe in agony. Thebes will be taken by storm; Memphis will be in constant distress.

Micah 4:9-10 Why do you now cry aloud— have you no king ? Has your ruler perished, that pain seizes you like that of a woman in labor? 10Writhe in agony, Daughter Zion, like a woman in labor, for now you must leave the city to camp in the open field. You will go to Babylon; there you will be rescued. There the Lord will redeem you out of the hand of your enemies.

Zech 9:5 Ashkelon will see it and fear; Gaza will writhe in agony, and Ekron too, for her hope will wither. Gaza will lose her king and Ashkelon will be deserted.

Luke 22:39-46 And he came out and went, as was his custom, to the Mount of Olives, and the disciples followed him. 40 And when he came to the place, he said to them, "Pray that you may not enter into temptation." 41 And he withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and knelt down and prayed, 42 saying, "Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done." 43 And there appeared to him an angel from heaven, strengthening him. 44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly; and his sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground. 45 And when he rose from prayer, he came to the disciples and found them sleeping for sorrow, 46 and he said to them, "Why are you sleeping? Rise and pray that you may not enter into temptation."

Acts 2:22-24 “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death (ódin), because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.

Rev 9:5 They were not allowed to kill them but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes.

Rev 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony

I came across something interesting, a few things actually. The word "yalad" (like a travailing women / to bear, bring forth, beget) is Hebrew for "father". This word is found in Psa 48:6, Isa 13:8, Isa 21:1-3, Isa 42:14, Jer 6:24, Jer 22:23, Jer 30:6, Jer 49:24, Jer 50:43, Hos 13:13, Mic 4:9-10, Mic 5:3. I also came across Hosea 13:13-14 & Rom 8:18-25 which I find astounding. 

It's important to note that the word "deliver" in Hosea 13:14 is translated "padah" which means ransom. Luke 21:25-28, Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30 and Rom 8:23 "redemption/apolutrósis" is meant to deliver us at rapture from a sinful world that brings death upon us, a release effected by payment of ransom. 

I also see glorification related to childbirth in Rom 8:18, 21 and Gal 4:19. 

Lastly, if we read Rom 8:22-23, 2 Cor 5:1-5 we can now see why Acts 2:24 used childbirth to describe "agony of death", the death of Jesus. I would also like to point out that the word "deposit" is translated "arrabón" and can be found in both 2 Cor 5:5 & Eph 1:14. 

Side note: Arrabón definition is "an earnest (a part payment in advance for security)". - Heb 13:8

Isa 42:13-14 (Jer 4:19, Jer 49:2, Zep 1:14, Zep 1:16 BATTLE CRY) The LORD will march out like a champion, like a warrior he will stir up his zeal; with a shout he will raise the battle cry and will triumph over his enemies. 14 “For a long time I have kept silent, I have been quiet and held myself back. But now, like a woman in childbirth, I cry out, I gasp and pant.

Hosea 13:11-14 So in my anger I gave you a king, and in my wrath I took him away. 12 The guilt of Ephraim is stored up, his sins are kept on record. 13 Pains as of a woman in childbirth come to him, but he is a child without wisdom; when the time arrives, he doesn’t have the sense to come out of the womb. 14 “I will deliver this people from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. Where, O death, are your plagues? Where, O grave, is your destruction? “I will have no compassion, 

Rom 8:18-25 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. 22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

2 Cor 5:1-5 For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. 2Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, 3because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. 4For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Gal 4:19-20 My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you, 20how I wish I could be with you now and change my tone, because I am perplexed about you!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

Pre-trib, post-trib, a-trib, none of it really means anything if you are not serving the Lord Jesus Christ. I think Jesus point about mentioning the "great sign" or "rapture" or whatever you want to call it was for the Church (and every individual in the Church) to be watchful and serving Him like they are ready to go home to heaven at "any" moment. When the trumpet sounds, I hope I am "stomping a mud-hole in the devil". If I am not, then I probably deserve to go through the great tribulation.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957

True just above ......

First the Lord's call for those who will be made immortal

Then He will deal with the devil and the lost world of humanity

At the same time He will save anyone who will turn to Him during the tribulation period

This will be my final study on this subject. I've come to the end in regards to similar words.

Acts 2:24 (agony of death/childbirth) I believe is also in relation to Isa 53:11, Rom 8:22-23 & 2 Cor 5:1-5. Isa 53:11 will be below. This is the "woman in labor" study, and as we all know, "the woman in labor" is a reference to the Day of the Lord and Daniel's 70th week. Thank you so much...

Enoch 62:4-5 / Isa 13:6-8 In the book of Enoch it says, "Then pain shall come upon them as on a woman in travail with birth pangs -when she is giving birth the child enters the mouth of the womb and she suffers from childbearing." "One half portion of them shall glance at the other half; they shall be terrified and dejected; and pain shall seize them when they see that Son of Man sitting on the throne of His splendor."

Isa 13:6-8 Wail, for the day of the Lord is near; it will come like destruction from the Almighty. 7Because of this, all hands will go limp, every heart will melt with fear. 8Terror will seize them, pain and anguish will grip them; they will writhe like a woman in labor. They will look aghast at each other, their faces aflame.

Isa 26:17-21 As a pregnant woman about to give birth writhes and cries out in her pain, so were we in your presence, Lord. 18We were with child, we writhed in labor, but we gave birth to wind. We have not brought salvation to the earth, and the people of the world have not come to life. 19But your dead will live, Lord; their bodies will rise— let those who dwell in the dust wake up and shout for joy— your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead. 20Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by. 21See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling to punish the people of the earth for their sins. The earth will disclose the blood shed on it; the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

Isa 53:9-12 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. 10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. 12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Isa 54:1 "Sing, barren woman, you who never bore a child; burst into song, shout for joy, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband," says the LORD.

Isa 66:7-9 “Before she goes into labor, she gives birth; before the pains come upon her, she delivers a son. 8 Who has ever heard of such things? Who has  ever seen things like this? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children. 9 Do I bring to the moment of birth and not give delivery?” says the LORD. “Do I close up the womb when I bring to delivery?” says your God.

Jer 30:6-7 Ask and see: Can a man bear children? Then why do I see every strong man with his hands on his stomach like a woman in labor, every face turned deathly pale? 7How awful that day will be! No other will be like it. It will be a time of trouble for Jacob, but he will be saved out of it.

Micah 4:9-10 Why do you now cry aloud— have you no king ? Has your ruler perished, that pain seizes you like that of a woman in labor? 10Writhe in agony, Daughter Zion, like a woman in labor, for now you must leave the city to camp in the open field. You will go to Babylon; there you will be rescued. There the Lord will redeem you out of the hand of your enemies.

Micah 5:2-3 "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times." 3Therefore Israel will be abandoned until the time when she who is in labor bears a son, and the rest of his brothers return to join the Israelites.

1 Thess 5:1-3 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Rev 12:1-5 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman (Israel) clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head.   2  She (Israel) was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.   3  Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon (Satan) with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads.   4  Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon (Satan) stood in front of the woman (Israel) who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child (teknon the church) the moment he was born.   5  She gave birth to a son (huios Jesus Christ himself), a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child (teknon the church) was snatched up (harpazo) to God and to his throne.

Isa 54:1-6 travail/bride study

Scripture describes the Holy City, New Jerusalem as the bride/the body of Christ in the following. Also take note of the symbolism in Isa 60:18, Isa 62:12 and Isa 65:19 below..

Psa 45:13-14 / Song of Solomon 1:4 All glorious is the princess within her chamber; her gown is interwoven with gold. 14 In embroidered garments she is led to the king; her virgin companions follow her— those brought to be with her.

Isa 54:1-6 “Sing, barren woman, you who never bore a child; burst into song, shout for joy, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband,” says the LORD. 2 “Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes. 3 For you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will dispossess nations and settle in their desolate cities 4 “Do not be afraid; you will not be put to shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood. 5 For your Maker is your husband— the LORD Almighty is his name— the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth. 6 The LORD will call you back as if you were a wife deserted and distressed in spirit— a wife who married young, only to be rejected,” says your God.

Isa 61:10 / Job 29:14 I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Isa 62:4-5 / Isa 54:1-6 TRAVAIL / Isa 60:18 WALLS&GATES / Isa 62:12 CITY / Isa 65:19 CRYING / Hosea 2:19-20 No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah,and your land Beulah ; for the LORD will take delight in you, and your land will be married. 5 As a young man marries a young woman, so will your Builder marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.

John 3:27-30 To this John replied, “A person can receive only what is given them from heaven. 28You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Messiah but am sent ahead of him.’ 29The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. 30He must become greater; I must become less.”

2 Cor 11:2-3 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. 3But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

Gal 4:26 / Heb 12:22 But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

Eph 5:25-27 / John 3:3-7 / Rom 10:9-10 / 1 Cor 6:10-11 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 

Rev 2:26-29 To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations— 27 that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’—just as I have received authority from my Father. 28 I will also give that one the morning star. 29 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Rev 3:12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

Rev 19:6-10 / Matt 1:20 HOLY SPIRIT CONCEIVED Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: “Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. 7 Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. 8 Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.” (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.) 9 Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.” 10 At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus.”

Rev 21:9-10 / Rev 19:7 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

This passage could be understood with a little deductive reasoning. The woman in question could only be one of two things, Israel or the church. It's not the church because the bible says the Antichrist wages war against the saints (Rev. 13:7). The church is not protected anywhere for 1260 days. Now it could be said how do I know the saints doesn't refer to Israel? From Jesus' words. Matthew 24:15-18- "So when you see the horrible thing (told about by Daniel the prophet) standing in a holy place (Note to the reader: You know what is meant!), then those in Judea must flee into the Judean hills. Those on their porches must not even go inside to pack before they flee. Those in the fields should not return to their homes for their clothes. The passage shows there's a way of escape for the Israelites. Such is not said for Christians. (Although I believe Christians will not be here by then. I believe we'll all be gone before then. I'm pre-wrath.) Also the baby is not the church. Verse 17 says the dragon sets out to attack the rest of her children. We know the rest is not Israel (that's settled, they are protected), also it can't be the church because the bible says "rest of her children". There would be no rest if the baby is the church. They would already be with God. The rest are those that give their lives to Jesus after the rapture. The baby is Jesus. Any comments?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

LoL  or you could take the bible for what it says.....   it's a vision in the sky.....   and planet/star alignment to give us some time period for when the rest of the paragraph is going to happen....