Reinitin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

This is a request for scriptures an insights of believers and students of the Word. But i dont want to alienate anyone one that is still searching. So please ask and give your opinions.

I know i can't make any rules for a thread i create. But, i do ask out of consideration for others. Please, go back and inform yourself of the conversation you are about to insert your opinion into out of respect for peoples opinions or input being reperesented truthfully.

My motives:

A few days ago in a forum i was on my phone posting to a forum that was discussing discrepancy of witness between the 4 gospels. I have no idea how but my interjection ended up in a thread on the kingdom of heaven. The person who had started the thread was very frustrated because his/her purpose for the thread was not being recieved as he/she had hope. So my misguided post was the last straw and raised the question out of him/her, "is any of ya'll actually born again"? Now i still thinking i was in the gospels thread responded with great Joy to be blessed with the oppurtunity to give withness to our Lord still at work.

"Yes.. i can not speak for whoever the the ya'll is But, The Lord Jesus Christ is in me. Making our Father known to me, he wants me to see him in glory and be with him where he is. He has planted in my his etrenal Spirit, the same Spirit that raised Him from the dead. He has transfered me from the kingdom of darkness to the glorious k8ngdom of Christ". Me and the frustrated poster shared sweet felliwship after and our conversation ended with my vow to pray for him.

Yay and Amen:)

So two days latter I am frustrated because a poster keeps hounding me, seems to be questing me and undermining every thing i say in a thread. So out of my frustration pops the question. Are you a Christian? 

My question was answered with great hosility to the idea i would even ask such a thing. What a horrible accusation to even assume the poster is not Christian. Then bam bam bam several people jump on the wagon. Shame, hostilty, scriptures posted out of context. All insinuating to ask for a person to identify them selfs as a christian is a personal attack on them.

The Study. Im very curious about scriptures that instruct us on how to identify ourselves as part of the christian family and what our attitude should be if we find ourself in a situation where another Christian is moved to ask us where we stand. 

I even would like if there is response to this thread that we be honest and feel safe and keep this thread a safe place to express our hearts and our hurts and pray for one another so we may be healed of any wounds that may have been inflicted on us my other believers.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, Reinitin said:

This is a request for scriptures an insights of believers and students of the Word. But i dont want to alienate anyone one that is still searching. So please ask and give your opinions.....

Everywhere JESUS and HIS disciples went,  they healed people and cast out demons.

They proclaimed the GOOD NEWS of SALVATION .

AND ,  (unless there is an exception somewhere),  EVERYWHERE they went,  they "alientated" so many people , (THE GOOD NEWS was offensive to many! ) especially (to) those in power,  and they were usually (1) run out of town, (2) spit on and cursed, (3) beaten, (4) arrested, and often IMPRISONED and  (5) executed.

Mankind, society, towns TODAY are no better than they were in JESUS TIME on earth,  so the exact same treatment (or worse) still happens , all over the world.(this is what people see every day, if they see it; it is the "normal" condition almost everywhere)

Remember YHWH'S WORD, HIS INSTRUCTION, and like

Keith Green's Bibliography/Book:     "No Compromise" ..... 

or even before that,   JESUS WORD:  "I come NOT to bring peace, but a sword"  even though the PEACE HE GIVES is perfect and the world cannot take it away,  neither can they receive it, rather ironically they refuse it and fight against HIM.

Yes,  like KING DAVID,  We(ecclesia) are for peace,  but they are for war (like in Athens).....  ...

Psalm 120:7 Commentary - The Treasury of David - Bible Study Tools

www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/...david/psalms-120-7.html - Cached - Similar

EXPOSITION. Verse 7. I am for peace. Properly, "I am peace"; desirous of peace, peaceful, forbearing, -- in fact, peace itself. But when I speak, they are for war.

Jeff thats beautiful and so true. Thank you so much

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, Reinitin said:

The Study. Im very curious about scriptures that instruct us on how to identify ourselves as part of the christian family 

Matthew 7:16-20  Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Thank you worthy very good scriptures.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

Thank you worthy very good scriptures.

Your welcome

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

8 hours ago, Reinitin said:

This is a request for scriptures an insights of believers and students of the Word. But i dont want to alienate anyone one that is still searching. So please ask and give your opinions.

I know i can't make any rules for a thread i create. But, i do ask out of consideration for others. Please, go back and inform yourself of the conversation you are about to insert your opinion into out of respect for peoples opinions or input being reperesented truthfully.

My motives:

A few days ago in a forum i was on my phone posting to a forum that was discussing discrepancy of witness between the 4 gospels. I have no idea how but my interjection ended up in a thread on the kingdom of heaven. The person who had started the thread was very frustrated because his/her purpose for the thread was not being recieved as he/she had hope. So my misguided post was the last straw and raised the question out of him/her, "is any of ya'll actually born again"? Now i still thinking i was in the gospels thread responded with great Joy to be blessed with the oppurtunity to give withness to our Lord still at work.

"Yes.. i can not speak for whoever the the ya'll is But, The Lord Jesus Christ is in me. Making our Father known to me, he wants me to see him in glory and be with him where he is. He has planted in my his etrenal Spirit, the same Spirit that raised Him from the dead. He has transfered me from the kingdom of darkness to the glorious k8ngdom of Christ". Me and the frustrated poster shared sweet felliwship after and our conversation ended with my vow to pray for him.

So two days latter I am frustrated because a poster keeps hounding me, seems to be questing me and undermining every thing i say in a thread. So out of my frustration pops the question. Are you a Christian? 

My question was answered with great hosility to the idea i would even ask such a thing. What a horrible accusation to even assume the poster is not Christian. Then bam bam bam several people jump on the wagon. Shame, hostilty, scriptures posted out of context. All insinuating to ask for a person to identify them selfs as a christian is a personal attack on them.

The Study. Im very curious about scriptures that instruct us on how to identify ourselves as part of the christian family and what our attitude should be if we find ourself in a situation where another Christian is moved to ask us where we stand. 

I even would like if there is response to this thread that we be honest and feel safe and keep this thread a safe place to express our hearts and our hurts and pray for one another so we may be healed of any wounds that may have been inflicted on us my other believers.

Glory to God!

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  533
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

Excellent question, and I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments. 

Matt 5:16 comes to mind " "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

It's easy to get in a "boxing match" with others in chat, using sciptures as ammunition to "prove" ourselves right. But is being right always better when it makes someone else feel bad or (more often) simply encourages them to dig their heels in and become more firmly entrenched in their own point of view. Phil 2:3 says, "Do nothing fom selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves

Jesus didn't defend Himself (well how could He say He was innocent when He had chosen to take all of my sins upon Himself to the cross.)  I think it is often pride that keeps me arguing to convince others of my view instead of trying to build a relationship that might ultimately lead them to seeking the truths that God would have me share.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

On 6/25/2017 at 11:54 AM, HerLowliness said:

Excellent question, and I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments. 

Matt 5:16 comes to mind " "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

It's easy to get in a "boxing match" with others in chat, using sciptures as ammunition to "prove" ourselves right. But is being right always better when it makes someone else feel bad or (more often) simply encourages them to dig their heels in and become more firmly entrenched in their own point of view. Phil 2:3 says, "Do nothing fom selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves

Jesus didn't defend Himself (well how could He say He was innocent when He had chosen to take all of my sins upon Himself to the cross.)  I think it is often pride that keeps me arguing to convince others of my view instead of trying to build a relationship that might ultimately lead them to seeking the truths that God would have me share.

Amen.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:35 AM, Reinitin said:

My motives:

Reinitin,  I love you no matter who hates on you.   Jeff said it simple and plain.    You be blessed sister.

• Loved it! 1