Reinitin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

This is a request for scriptures an insights of believers and students of the Word. But i dont want to alienate anyone one that is still searching. So please ask and give your opinions.

I know i can't make any rules for a thread i create. But, i do ask out of consideration for others. Please, go back and inform yourself of the conversation you are about to insert your opinion into out of respect for peoples opinions or input being reperesented truthfully.

My motives:

A few days ago in a forum i was on my phone posting to a forum that was discussing discrepancy of witness between the 4 gospels. I have no idea how but my interjection ended up in a thread on the kingdom of heaven. The person who had started the thread was very frustrated because his/her purpose for the thread was not being recieved as he/she had hope. So my misguided post was the last straw and raised the question out of him/her, "is any of ya'll actually born again"? Now i still thinking i was in the gospels thread responded with great Joy to be blessed with the oppurtunity to give withness to our Lord still at work.

"Yes.. i can not speak for whoever the the ya'll is But, The Lord Jesus Christ is in me. Making our Father known to me, he wants me to see him in glory and be with him where he is. He has planted in my his etrenal Spirit, the same Spirit that raised Him from the dead. He has transfered me from the kingdom of darkness to the glorious k8ngdom of Christ". Me and the frustrated poster shared sweet felliwship after and our conversation ended with my vow to pray for him.

Yay and Amen:)

So two days latter I am frustrated because a poster keeps hounding me, seems to be questing me and undermining every thing i say in a thread. So out of my frustration pops the question. Are you a Christian? 

My question was answered with great hosility to the idea i would even ask such a thing. What a horrible accusation to even assume the poster is not Christian. Then bam bam bam several people jump on the wagon. Shame, hostilty, scriptures posted out of context. All insinuating to ask for a person to identify them selfs as a christian is a personal attack on them.

The Study. Im very curious about scriptures that instruct us on how to identify ourselves as part of the christian family and what our attitude should be if we find ourself in a situation where another Christian is moved to ask us where we stand. 

I even would like if there is response to this thread that we be honest and feel safe and keep this thread a safe place to express our hearts and our hurts and pray for one another so we may be healed of any wounds that may have been inflicted on us my other believers.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

It says in the Word that believers were first called Christians at Antioch. It also says to be ready with an answer for anyone who asks about the hope we have.

Sometimes I can tell if someone believes but I try not to do the whole "well you don't even believe." Because if they don't and claim they do God will show that to them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Checking how several writers of letters identified themselves, I first checked James

Jas 1:1  James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,

Php 1:1  Paul and Timothy, bondservants of Jesus Christ,

Jud 1:1  Jude, a bondservant of Jesus Christ

Rom 1:1  Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God

G1401   (Word Study) δοῦλος

doúlos; gen. doúlou, masc. noun. A slave, one who is in a permanent relation of servitude to another, his will being altogether consumed in the will of the other (Mat 8:9; Mat 20:27; Mat 24:45-46). Generally one serving, bound to serve, in bondage (Rom 6:16-17).

Wuest's Word Studies

He designates himself as "a servant of Jesus Christ." The word is Doulos, the most abject, servile term used by the Greeks to denote a slave. The word designated one who was born as a slave, one who was bound to his master in chords so strong that only death could break them, one who served his master to the disregard of his own interests, one whose will was swallowed up in the will of his master. Paul was born a slave of sin at his physical birth, and a bondslave of his Lord through regeneration,. The chords that bound him to his old master Satan, were rent asunder in his identification with Christ in the latter’s death. The chords that bind him to his new Master will never be broken since the new Master will never die again, and is Paul’s new life. Paul’s will, at one time swallowed up in the will of Satan, now is swallowed up in the sweet will of God. The reader will observe how wonderfully God has watched over the development of the Greek language so that at the time it was needed as the medium through which He would give His New Testament revelation to the human race, its words were fit receptacles and efficient instruments for the conveyance of His message to man.

Paul calls himself a bondslave of Christ Jesus. The case classification is genitive of possession. The apostle is proud of the fact that he is a slave belonging to his Lord. There were certain individuals in the Roman empire designated "Slaves of the Emperor." This was a position of honor. One finds a reflection of this in Paul’s act of designating himself as a slave of the King of kings. He puts this ahead of his apostleship.

We are either a slave to sin and satan, or we are slaves of righteousness and God.  We present our bodies a living sacrifice to our God, and we renew our minds in the Word.  We put on Christ.  The Word humbled Himself and came as man, even as a servant and washed the feet of the disciples, setting and example for us to follow.  We are slaves of God;  we are bondservants of God by choice our of our love for Him.   Jesus set us free by the truth and by the cross, and by choice we give ourselves to Him to serve Him and our fellow believers as bondservants of our Lord Jesus Christ.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I don't have scripture to contribute, but I found this extremely interesting.  The point about being asked if your a christian was met with hostility.  How can fruit of the Spirit be hostile to that question?  Now, there is more than one way to ask if your a christian, such as the accuser implying that you can't be one, but it is usually easy to tell if it is accusing or genuine caring.  So I guess I could react with hostility if someone were too treat me as if Christ could not forgive me.  As Willa brought up, as a "bondservant of the Lord Jesus Christ", I should, however, crucify that hostile spirit in me, though I have some, I have more to go.  It does still hurt to be accused.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/22/2017 at 11:36 AM, Reinitin said:

how to identify ourselves as part of the christian family and what our attitude should be if we find ourself in a situation where another Christian is moved to ask us where we stand. 

Regarding Soteriology, The way i find out if a person is saved and theologically correct regarding "Salvation", vs a Believer who is saved but has "fallen from Grace", vs a self deceived pretender who thinks they are saved and are in fact as lost as a monkey in a mall, is to have them answer a few questions.

1.) Who saved you. ??

2.) How  was this accomplished ?

3.) What are you trusting in RIGHT NOW to get you into HEAVEN if you died today. ??

So, not to take up a lot of your time trying to explain all the responses and what they mean....but if someone says....."Jesus saved me...BUT....i have to ...."   Then i know this person is "fallen from Grace".

If the person says anything but "Jesus", when i ask them what they are trusting to get them to heaven, then i know they are ither Lost, or they are fallen from Grace.

If a person does not understand that GOD saved them, and not Faith, but God THROUGH FAITH, saved them, ..then they are ither Lost, or they are "fallen from Grace" or they just have been taught a pile of Legalism after they were saved and they are a "Christian Parrot" spewing out all the "works" and so forth they need to do to stay saved.... (And this person, might also be Lost), as its a thin line with them....

If a person says...."im saved as long as i hold unto my Faith", then this person is probably saved, but they are trusting in FAITH instead of JESUS...so, once again that is "fallen from Grace" and into a very common type of "faith legalism" that infects all who hate OSAS.

Hope this helps:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

On 5/21/2017 at 0:26 PM, Behold said:

Regarding Soteriology, The way i find out if a person is saved and theologically correct regarding "Salvation", vs a Believer who is saved but has "fallen from Grace", vs a self deceived pretender who thinks they are saved and are in fact as lost as a monkey in a mall, is to have them answer a few questions.

1.) Who saved you. ??

2.) How  was this accomplished ?

3.) What are you trusting in RIGHT NOW to get you into HEAVEN if you died today. ??

So, not to take up a lot of your time trying to explain all the responses and what they mean....but if someone says....."Jesus saved me...BUT....i have to ...."   Then i know this person is "fallen from Grace".

If the person says anything but "Jesus", when i ask them what they are trusting to get them to heaven, then i know they are ither Lost, or they are fallen from Grace.

If a person does not understand that GOD saved them, and not Faith, but God THROUGH FAITH, saved them, ..then they are ither Lost, or they are "fallen from Grace" or they just have been taught a pile of Legalism after they were saved and they are a "Christian Parrot" spewing out all the "works" and so forth they need to do to stay saved.... (And this person, might also be Lost), as its a thin line with them....

If a person says...."im saved as long as i hold unto my Faith", then this person is probably saved, but they are trusting in FAITH instead of JESUS...so, once again that is "fallen from Grace" and into a very common type of "faith legalism" that infects all who hate OSAS.

Hope this helps:)

Nobody can judge another persons salvation.  We are told in scripture that we will know them by their fruit. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/23/2017 at 6:48 PM, OneLight said:

Nobody can judge another persons salvation.  We are told in scripture that we will know them by their fruit. 

You can fake fruit., so, you can indeed judge a person by their lifestyle, as this is their fruit....but that has nothing to do with being born again.

And you are to discern...... this is different then "judgment", as you are misapplying what im explaining.

Edited by Behold

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sister

I'm not really sure what you are hoping for,I honestly don't think I fully understand what you are asking? I'm sure you won't mind helping me out with that but I)'m thinking you are asking each of us how we know that we are Born Again,is that right?

In any event I heard a sermon a long time ago that has stuck with me & I am prompted to share it once again,I have shared it here on Worthy in the past,.....so here goes again,I think it is a wonderful little message        Praise Jesus!

I happened to be watching a 1984 PTL telecast with Brother Ward as a guest & the conversation was about Evidence of LIFE.....which was fantastic & I think you might like it

He compared the evidence of physical life to that of spiritual life & said there are 4 Evidences in each......

1-Assimilate......A living being needs to eat,they must eat & drink to sustain life     Dead people are not hungry or thirsty,corpses do not eat!!

And the same goes for the Born Again Believer who is made ALIVE spiritually,they hunger & thirst first for the milk they need & then the meat ....they thirst after Righteousness   It is a mark of LIFE

2- Eliminate.......A living person body must eliminate,their bowels must remain open,bladder etc,,,, & throw off the old,the waste

And the same for the spiritual .....they put off the old,those things of the lifestyle,malice for example uis put off & they put on the new....humbleness

The cussing,swearing ,smoking ,drinking etc,,,, are eliminated

3-Growth..........If you are alive you grow,from a baby you grow up & get taller.....older you may grow wider(he was quite comedic) The physical body does grow...there are outward signs of decadence

And when the Trumphet blows those that are ALIVE & remain ............Yes,if you are ALIVE spiritually there must be growth,you must mature ,gain Wisdom,Understanding

4-Reproduce......There is a physical urge to reproduce to BEGET  

Jesus started with 2 & then 12 & then 500,3000 and the world was turned upside down as they multiplied & multiplied

He said if you put a corpse in an ice chest,or a beautiful coffin  inside of the most beautiful church with beautiful pews & a beautiful organs with chandeliers & flowers it cannot bring anyone in to see it because there is nothing inside,it is a dead corpse                  

Praise Jesus,that is what I heard this morning & I thought I would share it  

So I compare......1-Do I hunger & thirst for the Word of God,am I nourishing my spirit?....yes!

2-Have I died to myself or is the old man still up & running?................Certainly not! "Thank God!"

3-Am I growing or did I become complacent,stagnant......................  Sure am,the more I learn the                                                                more  I am certain there is more to learn,lol

All kidding aside,yes indeed

4-Am I reproducing?.......................................................................Praise Jesus,yes & the Glory belongs to God!

But even more evidence(for me) of being Spirit Filled are many things -first is that I LOVE,you have to understand that I was a "me first" person......I even love the highly "unlike-ables" simply because Christ in me loves them and I can't help but love them ,even when the things they do & say make me sick to my stomach......in the midst of chaos,bad situations & rough times there is His Peace,His Joy,His Comfort......My Jesus Loves me   I can't continue,all teary eyed now

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

On 5/27/2017 at 3:37 PM, Behold said:

You can fake fruit., so, you can indeed judge a person by their lifestyle, as this is their fruit....but that has nothing to do with being born again.

And you are to discern...... this is different then "judgment", as you are misapplying what im explaining.

The Spirit will witness with our spirit when it comes to witnesses from God.  Anyone can do something good, but that does not mean it is of God.

Do you really think that a brand new child of God can answer your three questions in order to satisfy you?  Again, we cannot judge another persons salvation.  We can, however, have an idea of if someone is of God or not if you ask the proper question given in scripture: Do you confesses that Jesus is the Son of God?  1 John 4:15

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Reinitin

I was thinking about what you said about someone who asks if you are a Christian(as a personal attack)...this is a feeble attempt of the enemy just to "stir it up",as most of his attacks are......Its the same as when someone reacts to something you do or day that displeases them"What kind of a Christian does that "or "says that"? The thing I always try to remember is that it is not flesh & blood we wrestle with...... "people" are not the real enemy,our adversary,the devil comes in many shapes,sizes, male ,female,Christian,non-Christian but its the same ole enemy .....oppressing,possessing,strongholds,bondage,influencing with a thoughts,an idea etc...Recognizing the enemy at work will change your entire perspective,it becomes very easy to pray for others & not "re-act" when you know what you are really dealing with

If I'm in a discussion with someone & they do not have a teachable or willing heart to Receive Gods Word why would I take offense or take it personally?THis poor things heart has hardened & only Holy Spirit can Convict their heart...if we start to feel the "need" to get our point across then we have to understand that we are probably dealing with a spirit of pride ourselves,Jesus told His Disciples to go two by two & spread  the Good News(Matthew 10th Chapter),He gave them Authority & sent them on their way & He was very clear that if they were not REceived(His Word) then they were to kick the dust off their feet & go to where they would be Well Received.....He didn't say to argue with them until they get it!!!lol Or listen to their arguments about why you are wrong & they are right......THe harvest is way too plentiful & the laborers are few,its a big world with plenty of truly hungry thirsty people seeking the Love of Christ....

The answer(I believe) is very simple,don't "entertain" the enemy,Jesus didn't,why would we? If anyone asks me,out of hostility,are you a Christian.....Yes I am,A Born Again Spirit Filled Believer,the human kind,the kind that makes mistakes,the kind that may disappoint you or fail you at some point in time & the kind that may not always say what you would like to hear but I love Jesus & I love YOU cause Christ in me does......would I stay & answer argumentative,harassing posts? No,thats entertaining the enemy,there are far too many other things to do that Glorify God......we don't have to re-act with a response,pray,put it before God,He Will certainly lead......if you are "feeling" your emotions stirring that is the first sign that it is not time to reply but instead,time to pray

I have a friend that simply does not hear most things I say,he/she is focused on other things & unreceptive.....when people have their minds made up on certain things they are just unwilling to "listen"......thats when you "let go & let God",let God show them(or not),they may have a long way to go & may have many mistakes to make and might just have to learn the hard way & struggle a bit longer before they reach the place that you are in Relationship with God in Christ......

May you Receive PEACE all the days of your life,don't sweat the small stuff,give it to our Lord & Savior.....Keep His Peace,Joy,LOve in your heart  in Jesus Name

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Loved it! 1