IGNORED

Christian parents now have cause to boycot Nickelodeon- ‘makes history’ with its first ‘gay married’ couple in kids cartoon

Radiant_Owl

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Nickelodeon ‘makes history’ with its first ‘gay married’ couple in kids cartoon

I wonder if this competes with all those openly Christian Bible thumping characters on their network. Oh, wait.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

The boycott is Beauty and the Beast worked so wonderfully I bet Nickalodian is hoping for a boycott! 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Boycotts work of course.

We can't expect a network to raise our children. Programming children's innocence by sexually depicting same sex fictional characters is no different than the sexualizing that occurs in music, music video's, and celebrity minors public imagery leaning toward the tawdry. But in that case you'll notice it is only the girl celebrities that fit that description.

Imparting to children that homosexual couples is perfectly normal and acceptable when child consumers of Nick programming shouldn't even be thinking in that direction marks an agenda. Just like when Sesame Street franchise was thinking of making the long broadcast characters of Burt and Ernie to be a gay couple. After years of their being depicted as just two guys who were roommates.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,701
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

The problem with boycotts isn't that they're innaffective but that theyre not used properly. When I was a child a christian boycott worked well...they picked their battles and everyone got behind it.

Now with social media we no longer pick our battles we scream boycott over everything....and there's no real organization. Christians dont even know what boycott they should do, or anyone else (how many people are "boycotting foods, animal companies etc) add that into our current divided culture, and the boycotts either fall flat on their face or just create strife and actually improve the cause they're fighting against. Being used the way they are currently, they are useless.

Now, I'm not saying they're wrong, what I'm saying is if the church wants to run an effective boycott they need to change their tactics. For one they need to stop boycotting everything-face it you can find error in everything if you want. You can find support for the gay community with any company if you look hard enough. 

What the church needs to do is find one battle-one instrumental company or whatever, to boycott, and get everyone in on it. One giant unified front with a clear goal and organized nationwide. That would be about the most effective way to do it....other then that were just wasting our time. 

Guest shiloh357

The gays and other reprobates have taken over the entertainment industry.  Best to just turn off the TV and spend productive time with family and making memories.