IGNORED

Can Angels possess us?

spiderman1917

All of the instances of Satan entering someone (only 1 for sure) was before the Holy Spirit entered a Christian believer. Demon possession can only occur to an unsaved person, as the Holy Spirit indwells every believer and He does not share His dwelling place with another.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

10 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

It seems to me that "coming upon" someone is not the same as inhabiting or indwelling.  Only Holy Spirit (as part of the Godhead) can indwell.  He, of course, is God and is not an angel.  The Scriptures do speak of the Holy Spirit coming upon people, but after Jesus' crucifixion, burial, resurrection, we were given Holy Spirit, our Comforter, who would be in us.  

John 14:16-18
16 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you 17 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;  18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

When we are Christ's, we are seated with Him in Heavenly places ... and we are made part of His body.  We are then, hidden with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:3)

Romans 12:5
“So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.”

Ephesians 1:20
“Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,”

Ephesians 2:6
“And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:”

Ephesians 1:3
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:”

Colossians 3:3
“For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.”

Jesus taught about unclean spirits indewlling people.  He also spoke about how the father gives the spirit to them that ask.  Indwelling of spirits is not a new concept.  We all speak by a spirit.  If what you say is true then Christians would not be able to sin because the holy spirit would always be in control of the flesh.  John spoke about those who lived after this manner embracing the spirit of God and rejecting devils.  James also warned the need to resist devils.  But deceived Christians get overpowered by unclean spirits and become defiled regularly not knowing it because they believe the holy spirit has them unable to be possessed, controlled,  dominated or whatever word you want to use to describe it.  They do not embrace the truth that we are responsible for receiving and walking in the holy spirit and rejecting unclean spirits.