IGNORED

who is your favorite human person in the bible?

zorgblar

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/23/2017 at 9:30 PM, JTC said:

I'm just curious, why are so many of you choosing Job?

Though I didn't post, Job was my automatic choice as soon as I saw the subject title. I didn't post it because someone else already had.

But why Job?

For me it is my testimony, my awakening and experience of faith in Jesus as my lord and personal savior. Job the man  pointed out by God as his perfect servant, and the book of Job,  is very personal to me for  God used the book of Job to introduce me to Him. It is the first of the Bible that I read.

My determined resistance to the specific call by the Holy Spirit crumbled rapidly as  as I experienced  and related to much of what I read there. - Hard way to come to Jesus.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

22 hours ago, JTC said:

When I answered yesterday I was only thinking of famous men. But there are 2 women I like a lot. One was the one that poured the expensive perfume all over Jesus, and the other was the one who sat on the floor crying and washing His feet with her tears and drying them with hair. Had I lived back then I would have loved to meet those 2 ladies. They didn't do the powerful things Peter and Elijah did but they did some amazing things. So amazing God made sure they were never forgotten.

The widow that gave all she had is unnamed, I might have considered that woman's name too.

She is such an example of absolute love. For one that had nothing in the way of reserves to give all that she had. Not a sampling from a vast reserve of assets, not an excess, not a first fruit of many to come, but instead all (Luke 21).

She is unnamed but known  to us, her love not polluted nor diluted in anyway  by accalades of mere mankind, there being no way to give her reward by name taking away the reward from her creator. She has given in secret though it was  in public she gave.

Considering that, I wonder, do we do any favor to the saints we mention by giving them the earthly reward of our praise?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

Paul

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

On 3/23/2017 at 5:11 PM, zorgblar said:

who is your favorite human person in the bible?

After Jesus, and based on what I have read so far, I choose David.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Ruth, because of her faithfulness to Naomi. David for being faithful to his friend Johnathan by bringing into his home Mephibosheth, Jonathan's crippled son and Saul's grandson. Both of these show faithfulness and kindness through deep love not duty.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

John the disciple 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, Davida said:

The first one that was deceived by the Devil? that is a very puzzling choice to me.

Look around here.  Everyone has been deceived.  Almost everyone deceives everyone around them (they don't even need the devil to do it).   On earth most all are sons of disobedience,  worshiping demons, and they REFUSE TO REPENT (according to YHWH'S WORD) .   

Also,  who else besides adam and havah EVER lived sinless lives ? 

Also,  who else besides adam and havah EVER were perfect ?

Also,  who else besides adam and havah is EVERYONE descended from ?

Also,  who else EVER , even ONCE,  walks with YHWH and speaks openly and freely with HIM ?

Also,  who else today(in comparison) is completely(Perfectly healthy.) FREE FROM POLLUTION(food, air, water, biological, and worst of all bigpharma) ?

YHWH CREATED adam and havah, EXACTLY as HE wanted to.   No imperfections.  No sin.  No faults.  Nothing out of   No disease.  No ailments.  No mental aberrations.  No psychic aberrations. 

etc etc etc......

Another contrast vs today - most people today have heard that JESUS DIED FOR THEM.  Required for SALVATION because of their own (each one today) sin.  AND THEY STILL WILLFULLY CONTINUE IN SIN. (don't repent) - as written: "disobedient, selfish, cruel, liars, disrespectful, mockers, .....  "  (TIMOTHY, et al ) ....

So,   many of the others of faith in SCRIPTURE would be (and are) wonderful 'favorites' not just compared to people today,  but even just on their own as called ones born and chosen and set apart by YHWH for HIS OWN PURPOSE and PLAN.   But not one of the others named so far were ever perfect without any flaw.(as far as we know).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/23/2017 at 3:11 PM, zorgblar said:

Mine is job.

Moses old testament.............Paul new testament. Kind of the same man in different times. Moses brought his people out of Egypt, and Paul brought the Gentiles out of Egypt so to speak.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:39 PM, JTC said:

When I answered yesterday I was only thinking of famous men. But there are 2 women I like a lot. One was the one that poured the expensive perfume all over Jesus, and the other was the one who sat on the floor crying and washing His feet with her tears and drying them with hair. Had I lived back then I would have loved to meet those 2 ladies. They didn't do the powerful things Peter and Elijah did but they did some amazing things. So amazing God made sure they were never forgotten.

You are the only one so far to mention New Testament people . Tells me so much .