IGNORED

who is your favorite human person in the bible?

zorgblar

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/23/2017 at 10:07 PM, warrior12 said:

Josiah

Self explanatory of this awesome King, who obeyed the Lord and did what was right.  Every time i  read his account i get goose bumps, because of his courage.  Anyone who has had to deal with wickedness in high places would appreciate this King and hold him in high esteem.  

2 Kings 23King James Version (KJV)

24 Moreover the workers with familiar spirits, and the wizards, and the images, and the idols, and all the abominations that were spied in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, did Josiah put away, that he might perform the words of the law which were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the Lord.

25 And like unto him was there no king before him, that turned to theLord with all his heart, and with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the law of Moses; neither after him arose there any like him.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Davida said:

What if you Start a thread Topic with your above post & it can be a whole Thread discussion?  I disagree with your above opinion,  but I won't get into it further here in this thread so as not to derail it with another sub-topic.

Perhaps, but your opinion is assuming that what I posted is somehow not in line with all SCRIPTURE.

If you'll be more specific on a topic to discuss in another thread,  I'll start one, (or pm?) .....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

6 hours ago, Thallasa said:

You are the only one so far to mention New Testament people . Tells me so much .

I'm curious, what does it tell you? Don't forget I mentioned Elijah.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Must i have preferences among The Body of Christ? 

Guest Thallasa
On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:16 AM, JTC said:

I'm curious, what does it tell you? Don't forget I mentioned Elijah.

It seems, if you look into the past history that most extreme protestants,normally Presbyterians,  were not very forgiving people ,and they preferred the O.T., as it came before Christ and His saving Grace .

The ones I know best were in Scotland which ws a kind of 'hell on earth ', before the Irish managed to bring some kindness and creativity to the place . They thought ,like some on this site, that they were following  our Holy , generous God ,but in fact their god is very dark and full of hatred ,Satan.

They barely mention Jesus ,and yet here on this site they blame Catholics for that ,but they  loved the O.T. god of punishment ,pre Messiah ,so they called their children by O.T. names ,and never that of the Apostles , like Matthew , John ,Joseph (,Michael) ,Peter ,etc .

This kind of extremism on either side, is always a sign of guilty concience ,as in hidden and deep sin ,and , of ignorance .  You know when people give up drinking or smoking , or perhaps 'sex' too ,  they become unbearable, and self righteous,  to an unbearable degree .:huh:

Guest Thallasa
On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:59 PM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Well since Jesus was fully divine and fully HUMAN I gotta say HIM ;)

Is that not,  a 'given' ?   :rolleyes:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

1 minute ago, Thallasa said:

Is that not,  a 'given' ?   :rolleyes:

Hehehe yup

Guest Thallasa
On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:14 AM, delade3 said:

Must i have preferences among The Body of Christ? 

A good question . Perhaps better to say perhaps one from which one has learned most ,or ;)

Guest Thallasa
On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:54 PM, warrior12 said:

Well i would mention one more before i leave this thread.                                 STEPHEN.   

He is not mentioned much in, but i loved his speech that he paid so dearly for his life, and the last thing he said before he died.   How many of us are using our testimony in powerful ways, that we know may cost something.

:heart:  Stephen, was a pre name never given by Scottish protestants ,but  many Irish took his name . He was indeed a truly wonderful example for us , of goodness ,and martyrship .

Edited by Thallasa