MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

This is another example of crying the blues for illegal aliens.  I can see that this guy has worked hard, paid taxes and become successful; that's not the problem.  He has been here, illegally, for eighteen years and in all that time never bothered to pay the money and become legal?  It's easier to just break our laws.  I DO feel for this guy because I think he will make a good American but he needs to go back out, apply for a legal visa, and do it the right way.  What did they think the POTUS meant by 'deport illegal aliens' anyway? 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-supporter-my-husband-is-being-deported-friday-193439132.html

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I remember during a debate in I think it was 2012 , Gingrich and Romney debated over taxes and immigration. Gingrich claimed he met an illegal who worked and paid his taxes. Romney pounced and said if that were true then Gingrich met a man that had stolen someone's identity in order to obtain a social security number to do just that.

I like to read that a candidates campaign promises are coming to fruition.

7 minutes ago, Radiant_Owl said:

I remember during a debate in I think it was 2012 , Gingrich and Romney debated over taxes and immigration. Gingrich claimed he met an illegal who worked and paid his taxes. Romney pounced and said if that were true then Gingrich met a man that had stolen someone's identity in order to obtain a social security number to do just that.

I like to read that a candidates campaign promises are coming to fruition.

Me too, Owl.  Most of them don't even bother to pretend after the first month or so.  I think that's why people are in shock; a politician that does what he says??  Horrors! 

5 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Me too, Owl.  Most of them don't even bother to pretend after the first month or so.  I think that's why people are in shock; a politician that does what he says??  Horrors! 

I know. Trump started keeping his promises from day one. Just as he promised. :) 

13 hours ago, Radiant_Owl said:

I know. Trump started keeping his promises from day one. Just as he promised. :) 

And that's in the face of opposition even from within his own party!  The RINOs and the irrelevant Ds need to get out of the way and let him work for us, the people.  And so far, I've not seen anything else the POTUS is interested in. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

His desire to keep his "promises" just to get the headline that he did is a liability, not an asset.  It is why EOs are rushed and cause confusion even among his own people.  Now with the healthcare he care more about getting something passed so he can say he kept his promise, than he cares about getting something good in place that will actually be a benefit to the country.  

Adults understand that sometimes circumstances keep one from keeping a promise.  

I would much rather have a good bill than another headline for Trump.  Too bad he does not feel the same way

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I'm confused about the story. So the guy's wife is an American citizen I take it since she voted?  I thought if you married an American citizen you could become an American citizen? Like I said I'm confused. 

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I'm confused about the story. So the guy's wife is an American citizen I take it since she voted?  I thought if you married an American citizen you could become an American citizen? Like I said I'm confused. 

It confused me too, at first.  But, apparently, one doesn't automatically become a citizen if they marry an American; they have to go through the paperwork and legal hoops and pay the fees.  This guy never did any of that so, really, it's his own fault he's being deported because it could have been prevented.  This is my problem with illegals; they have NO respect for American laws.  It looks as though that is beginning to change.  This man, like I said, will make a good American once he wakes up and realizes he has to that LEGALLY. 

6 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

And that's in the face of opposition even from within his own party!  The RINOs and the irrelevant Ds need to get out of the way and let him work for us, the people.  And so far, I've not seen anything else the POTUS is interested in. 

The replacement bill for Obamacare failed today. I find it unconscionable that there are Republicans that oppose Trump. But why would they care? They're pandering to their base that hate him. Meanwhile those GOP members are fully covered with insurance they have no issues with as far as affordability. They're rich! What do they care about us? Except when they need our vote. And they know that we'll give it to them in all likelihood. Because we're made to be too busy surviving for a net income that we really don't have time to pay attention to what they're doing with the trust we gave them the last time we voted.

That's why term limits are a must. But that's a dream because they have to vote that to happen. About as likely as world peace happening in my lifetime. What were our FF's thinking when they let that little clause to happen in government? No term limits for the three branches in the beginning. Silly butt's. Didn't they learn anything living under a monarchy?

1 hour ago, Radiant_Owl said:

The replacement bill for Obamacare failed today. I find it unconscionable that there are Republicans that oppose Trump. But why would they care? They're pandering to their base that hate him. Meanwhile those GOP members are fully covered with insurance they have no issues with as far as affordability. They're rich! What do they care about us? Except when they need our vote. And they know that we'll give it to them in all likelihood. Because we're made to be too busy surviving for a net income that we really don't have time to pay attention to what they're doing with the trust we gave them the last time we voted.

That's why term limits are a must. But that's a dream because they have to vote that to happen. About as likely as world peace happening in my lifetime. What were our FF's thinking when they let that little clause to happen in government? No term limits for the three branches in the beginning. Silly butt's. Didn't they learn anything living under a monarchy?

There will be another bill, not to worry.  Pelosi and Shumer were giddy over this one not going through but their celebration is premature.  Stupid Ds don't get it; they don't have the votes to do ANYTHING so all they are left with is grandstanding and parroting the lines they learned in Obama school.  As if it's something unusual to have a bill rewritten and modified.  Delusion is ramant in the halls of Congress.