IGNORED

how to create a solid ministry from the beginning

Guest rieden

Guest rieden
:noidea: I am starting a high school youth ministry at my church and i am looking for some suggestions as to how i could go about it. I have a very small number of students.two and a half to be exact. :o it's not about numbers though it's about christ. anyone have any suggestions???? :o

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey there!

The first order of business is to ascertain where these two are in their spiritual growth. Remember, the Great Commission says to "make disciples." Your job is to disciple these two in the ways of the LORD.

You also need to build relationships - between you and them and between each other.

Teaching ought to be more about how to live and act and respond and bear good fruit than about "theology" (yes, there needs to be some aspect of theology - the point is the theology ought to take second place to bearing good fruit).

Pray with them - not quick opening prayers, but real and serious times of prayer.

Hope this helps!

LORD bless!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

I have a very small number of students.two and a half to be exact. :noidea: 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:blink: Can I see a pic of that half kid?

I agree with Neb. Sometimes it's more important to build the ones you have in the faith first so that they can in turn disciple the ones they help to bring in. Fast growth isn't necessarily a good thing. Better to grow strong in Spirit first than in size. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray! When you're done, pray some more!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Oh well Keith got there first. While structure and other advise is important the most important and often forgotten part that takes a smaller seat is Prayer.

So as Keith said prayer pray pray pray...... :noidea:

Guest rieden

:24: I say two and half kids because i have two kids that show up regularly and one kid that's floating in and out.

Thank you for the input though I'm really excited about seeing god move in the lives of these kids!!!!!!!!!!

I have a very small number of students.two and a half to be exact. :24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/05/1967

I was wondering about that half a kid as well. And Keith..... :blink:

I agree with the other suggestions. Another idea: You might try to ask their input. I mean, granted, you're the teacher and you need to be in control of what goes on in the class, but you might just ask them for a few things that have been on their mind lately. There are definitely some teenage issues that I'm sure you could help them out with. I'm sure at their age, they have different influences......morality, friends, music, etc.... Gaining a bond seems pretty important. If they know they can talk to you about stuff that has to do with them and what they're going through as teenagers - and you can bring that around to what Christ would have them do, I think that would be just awesome! :24:

• Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

There are many places you can go to.

Youthspecialties.com or .org is a good site with materials.

I teach the youth at our church, mostly middle school and some high school.

I can tell you it is a challenge when you have a decent size group (tonight was about 23 or so, usually about 15 or so). They are full of energy and can get easily distracted.

I say use prayer and have patience. Both are required.