delade3

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Why are there no mentions of 'demons' or 'devils' in The Old Testament? The only mention of 'devils' in The Old Testament is when it speaks of the former perfectness of the angel who used to walk on carbuncles and the others. Also in the very first book, Genesis, it speaks of the 'serpent'. I can't recall many other instances where the 'demons' or 'devils' caused people to hide in tombs, lash out, foam at the mouth, etc, in other human bodies except for in the New Testament.

Why might that be?

I have a possible answer.

Perhaps when Jesus was around, those who thought of Him in a non Truthful, debased manner caused their minds to become debased and ill, hence forming 'demonic' like attitudes and 'actions'. Perhaps it was and is when a person thinks on Christ Jesus with 'course jesting' and filthy and foul ideations which causes their minds to become more as 'demons' than as humans.

In other words, they are playing around with Holiness, flippantly and unreverentially, in their minds which is worse than Sigmund Freud's Oedipus Complex theory.

When a person has no Holy and no knowledge of how to deal in respect to higher authorities in their minds due to their 'playing' around with Holy and respectable things within their minds with irreverence and flippancy, then they begin to forget what it means to respect and hold certain things in esteem and worship. Christ would become as another 'thing' in the life of the person instead of remaining God in the life of the person.

Take for example Da Vinci Code with its' suggestion that Christ Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene and also had biological children with her.

Hearing such a statement would come across as a heresy and a blasphemy. However, why would the statement of Christ Jesus having biological children and having a wife NOT be possible?

From what The Holy Bible says, we can come to conclusions that will either prove that He could or that He could not have biological children and have a 'sexual' wife.

Firstly, God desires us all to be as Him, Holy.

And so what is Holy which Christ Jesus was?

And how does The Holy Bible define 'holy'?

We know that Christ was without sin.

And so what is 'sin' that He was without?

He did not break 1 'Law' of God throughout His whole earth Life.

He was not born in the natural ways of man and woman; hence he did not have the male gamete which the sperm would have provided; meaning his chromosomes were not the 46 but rather 23.

Secondly, since The Holy Bible does not condemn sexual relations as a 'sin' why would it have been a 'sin' if Christ Jesus partook?

So why would it not have been possible for Christ Jesus to have had children and have had a sexual 'wife'?

#1 - To be married would have meant that He was bound to His wife.
 However Jesus could not have been at home all the time because He was doing His Father's work. But since He was always doing His Father's work, He would have broken a Law of God, and therefore sinned.

#2 -  The Law states that the father shall talk of the LORD, as he sits, as he lays, as he walks, as he enters in and exits out.  Christ would have therefore have needed to re-enter His home if He had children, to tend to them and teach them of The LORD.

#3- He would have had to have left His Mother and Father upon His marriage. Since we know that He remained with His family until His mission began, if He was married before His missionary work began, He would have broken the Law by not being separated from His mother and father and joined as one with His wife.

#3- If He was married and left home, He would have also have had to leave His Heavenly Father, seeing that a man leaves his father and mother and the two (husband and wife) is joined as one.

These are only a few reasons why it was not possible that He was married and had biological children, unless people are claiming Him to be an adulterer. But once again, if He was an adulterer, He would have been a 'sinner', which makes those possibilities impossible.

To entertain that the impossible, that Christ 'sinned' is possible and to try to figure out how He may have committed sin, is playing with 'Holy' in the mind in a debased way which could transform the mind and the person into a 'demonic-like' human being rather than a whole human being.

The Holy Bible will define how Christ could not have been such a person since God Himself has called Him without 'sin'. And here is how we can tell that Christ was without sin.

God required a sinless sacrifice; a clean and unblemised sacrifice. If Christ did 'sin', God would not have resurrected Him from the grave.

You don't need to be a sophisticated speecher if you want to share the Truth about God. And you don't need to be a reasoner if you can't explain how Christ was not a 'sinner'.

Showing how Christ was Sinless, hence being the 'Head' of Godliness and the fullness of the Godhead bodily, would probably have the others understand that to try to outreason God with His Holy Word is vanity.

#1- Since The Holy Bible says that it is impossible for God to lie, keeping to His Written Word to prove Truth, would be the better approach.

And so looking to the first man, Adam. How would he have received the 46 chromosomes a human being has if he did not receive the male gamete nor the female gamete? He would have had no chromosomes of a human being.

Since he was not in any 'womb' of a woman, he was not formed through natural 'reproduction'. He was formed directly by God's Hand and by God's Breath. He was the first original 'creation' of a living soul. And he would not have been able to have any set of chromosomes.

Christ Jesus, on the other hand, was NOT created nor was Christ Jesus formed.

Rather, Christ Jesus and Adam would have been in a 'state' of a 'living soul' which had no chromosomes. Both Christ Jesus and Adam shared that same 'non-chromosome''living soul'.

And so Christ Jesus took on the form of man, the form which Adam received after he partook of the tree of good and evil. However in their original 'living soul', they might not have been as human beings are today.

It was His 23 chromosomed 'body' which took the 'sins' of the world and it was the 23 chromosomed 'body' which in whose stripes we are healed. The other part of Him, the full God, is NOT part of the 23 chromosomed body although the 23 chromosomed body was sinless.

Christ Jesus, although He had 'flesh', had flesh because Adam partook of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, making 'flesh' the race which needed 'salvation.'

Both Adam and Eve, were non chromosomed 'living souls'.

They might have been as the Holy Angels...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Can you summarize the point you are trying to make in one or two sentences?

Ditto!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

1 hour ago, delade3 said:

Why are there no mentions of 'demons' or 'devils' in The Old Testament?

:sherlock:

Why Yes

How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, “I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon.I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.” But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit. Isaiah 14:13-15 (New International Version)

Yes I Think So

You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north;I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’ But you are brought down to Sheol, to the far reaches of the pit. Ezekiel 28:13-15 (English Standard Version)

How About You Dear Member

Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him. The LORD said to Satan, “The LORD rebuke you, Satan! Indeed, the LORD who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?” Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments and standing before the angel. He spoke and said to those who were standing before him, saying, “Remove the filthy garments from him.” Again he said to him, “See, I have taken your iniquity away from you and will clothe you with festal robes.” Then I said, “Let them put a clean turban on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him with garments, while the angel of the LORD was standing by. Zechariah 3:1-5 (New American Standard Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:50 PM, Yowm said:

Can you summarize the point you are trying to make in one or two sentences?

sure... besides trying to explain the importance of Morality and so showing how The Holy Bible is accurate with its' Morals, showing how The Holy Bible is accurate to other factual things might prove to be a better 'reasoning' and a better proof that The Holy Bible is accurate.  And hence; the defense of God's Word and not a defense of God's morals.

Edited by delade3