IGNORED

KJV vs other Bibles

TheMatrixHasU71

Guest Judas Machabeus
5 hours ago, Jeff2 said:

So have pride in your Queen James Bible! It exists because a Homosexual King needed to bring the fighting Church of England and the Puritans together. Politics!

I'm not a KJV supporter but let's keep it civil. This comment is disgusting. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not a KJV supporter but let's keep it civil. This comment is disgusting. 

May I observe that you are complaining about a historical statement? They chanted "Queen James" as he rode by!

But, on the other hand, I noticed that you have not complained once about the multitude of ad hominem jabs and derogatory statements made by the King James Only arguments above! You don't get offended when they do it?  

Guest Judas Machabeus
6 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

But, on the other hand, I noticed that you have not complained once about the multitude of ad hominem jabs and derogatory statements made by the King James Only arguments above! You don't get offended when they do it?

You were being rude and derogatory. In my opinion. Above and beyond a "jab". 

You were being rude and derogatory. In my opinion. Above and beyond a "jab". 

You are welcome to your opinion; I'm welcome to mine.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/25/2017 at 4:01 PM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

The thing is though one thing we have to remember is that there are likely no real Hebrew/Greek experts here on this board (And I certainly never claimed to be one)

We have to take it on faith that GOD would inspire the KJ translators to use the best manuscripts.

This sounds like dual inspiration to me which is clearly wrong. God did not inspire the translators. The original text were inspired but translating is not inspired. All translating is is expressing the sense of (words or text) in another language. This is what the translators of the KJV and other versions have done. 

So can I read the KJV and say it's God's Word? Yes. Can I read the NIV and say it is God's Word? Yes. 

I attended a school that was KJV only (not to the extreme as the belief of dual inspiration) and have heard all the arguments and points. I have been in the debates and discussions and sadly they can become quite heated. This is the way I see it, If you feel that the KJV is a better version and choose to use it then go for it, yet if someone uses another version that is not a KJV then let them use it. The sad reality is that I have seen KJVO's rip good christian people apart just because they don't hold to the same version. 

A little story to illustrate my point: I was at school and was eating lunch with a couple of people. One of those that I was eating lunch with was a KJVO. Somehow the discussion turned course and Bible versions were starting to be discussed. She said she was staunch KJV and that all other versions of the Bible were satanic. When I tried to explain to her what translations were all about and that the KJV was merely a translation she got up from the table (in the middle of lunch mind you) condemned me to hell and from that point on did not want anything to do with me at all. Very sad. 

Not saying this is the case but this does happen and it happens more than people realize. 

She said she was staunch KJV and that all other versions of the Bible were satanic. When I tried to explain to her what translations were all about and that the KJV was merely a translation she got up from the table (in the middle of lunch mind you) condemned me to hell

Too bad that she had faith in a translation, but showed no faith in Christ and unity on the basis of a common faith. I remember a story that someone told me of someone in Bible school. They were KJO, and as they studied, they became aware that their stance was not very solid. In response to that, they apostatized from the faith over the issue. That is why the such a "faith" can easily be what people bank on, and not on Jesus Christ.

It's not the only issue that people raise to the level of idolatry. I do not care what doctrine that I hold dear, if it is proven wrong, I will not be all that devastated, because my faith in on Christ.