• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,204
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  4,329
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

As I can recall as a child, I did not know how much afflictions that did surround us, I could not even think until I reached a certain age and found out later of the below scripture.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. Psalm 34:19

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Amen!  Our God is faithful.  

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

As I can recall as a child, I did not know how much afflictions that did surround us, I could not even think until I reached a certain age and found out later of the below scripture.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. Psalm 34:19

Yes .....  here on earth !

Multitudes who are not righteous ALSO suffer on earth,  but so much more after resurrected...

Ironically almost,  JESUS says that anyone who chooses to live RIGHTEOUSLY , doing what is right, following HIM,

will NECESSARILY suffer persecution.   (as if it is not NECESSARY for the wicked to suffer persecution in this life on earth,  but it is for the righteous). 

This is in line with all of YHWH'S WORD,  including the contrast "the world loves its own" (why the wicked are not necessarily troubled, but seem to actually fair better and prosper more than the righteous many times).....

It is also a stern warning from JESUS,  that "WOE to those who are comfortable (now on earth), for they will suffer later" (perhaps permanently).....

Society persecutes everyone who seeks to live right, who chooses to follow JESUS, to obey YHWH....

thus "many " are the afflictions of the righteous.....  (not even getting here yet to YHWH'S chastisement of the righteous, .....)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

1 minute ago, simplejeff said:

Yes .....  here on earth !

Multitudes who are not righteous ALSO suffer on earth,  but so much more after resurrected...

Ironically almost,  JESUS says that anyone who chooses to live RIGHTEOUSLY , doing what is right, following HIM,

will NECESSARILY suffer persecution.   (as if it is not NECESSARY for the wicked to suffer persecution in this life on earth,  but it is for the righteous). 

This is in line with all of YHWH'S WORD,  including the contrast "the world loves its own" (why the wicked are not necessarily troubled, but seem to actually fair better and prosper more than the righteous many times).....

It is also a stern warning from JESUS,  that "WOE to those who are comfortable (now on earth), for they will suffer later" (perhaps permanently).....

Society persecutes everyone who seeks to live right, who chooses to follow JESUS, to obey YHWH....

thus "many " are the afflictions of the righteous.....  (not even getting here yet to YHWH'S chastisement of the righteous, .....)

Not to be off topic. Living in a body of sin that constantly councels me and works up all kinds of chemical cocktail reactions against my knowledge of God and my desire to do good can be totally afflicting. The attacks within me are tourtures sometimes without the present enemy of the world attacking externally.

1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

Not to be off topic. Living in a body of sin that constantly councels me and works up all kinds of chemical cocktail reactions against my knowledge of God and my desire to do good can be totally afflicting. The attacks within me are tourtures sometimes without the present enemy of the world attacking externally.

Yes,    there are many aspects " (not even getting here yet to YHWH'S chastisement of the righteous, ..... "  the internal struggles, conscience, faith, mental strivings and spiritual,  battleground of the mind,  our battle not with flesh and blood but with "spiritual forces in high places"

all quite comprehensively covered BY YHWH in HIS WORD

They all "wear out the saints" and can be exhausting (long-suffering) and long as YHWH knows best.

Reading this PSALM of KING DAVID and his trouble with Abimilech:

A Psalm of David, when he feigned madness before Abimelech, so that he drove him out, and he went away.

I will bless the Lord at all times;
    his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
    let the afflicted hear and be glad.
O magnify the Lord with me,
    and let us exalt his name together!
I sought the Lord, and he answered me,
    and delivered me from all my fears.
Look to him, and be radiant;
    so your[a] faces shall never be ashamed.
This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him,
    and saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps
    around those who fear him, and delivers them.
O taste and see that the Lord is good!
    Happy is the man who takes refuge in him!

--------------------------------------

Then, while pondering whether internal, external, or both, 

suddenly seeing fresh, seeing anew,  >>>>  (CLEAR PROPHECY OF Y'SHUA MESSIAH) >>

Many are the afflictions of the righteous;
    but the Lord delivers him out of them all.
He keeps all his bones;
    not one of them is broken.

(remember all HIS LIFE,  not one of Y'SHUA'S bones was broken,  while the other crucified prisoners had their legs broken....  Y'SHUA was PIERCED FOR OUT INIQUITIES!!! )

Then , likewise, the followers of Y'SHUA were beaten, arrested, imprisoned, beheaded, crucified, humiliated,

as was the MASTER Y'SHUA..... 

all thru the centuries until Y'SHUA RETURNS....

"...  many are the afflictions of the righteous"  a couple translation say "evils" (perpetrated on the righteous)....

but YHWH delivers him out of them all. >>>  

17 The righteous cry, and YAHWEH hears; and He saves them out of all their distresses.
18 YAHWEH is near to the broken of heart; and He saves the crushed of spirit.
19 Many are the evils of the righteous, but YAHWEH delivers him out of them all,
20 keeping all His bones; not one of them is broken. (Joh 19:36, Ex 12:46)

Y'SHUA had no evil in HIM all HIS LIFE,

so the deliverence was from the evils perpetrated by men against HIM

as likewise today, for anyone who chooses to follow HIM today,  they are persecuted for HIS SAKE.

Guest BacKaran

I never knew true tribulation until I said I was living for Christ.

Everything else was nothing but drama that wasted time, yet God still called to me!

Amen ?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Yes, the tortures and afflictions both in spiritual and physical realm is daunting and wearisome.  Sometimes it even drive you to question your salvation as you see other brothers and sisters whom seem to be getting along just fine.  I know better than that statement, as wounds and battles  fought are sometimes very personal and not many choose to reveal those encounters.    You can sympathize with someone who you know have been physically harmed and afflicted, as the wounds and consequences are there to be seen.  But how can you sympathize with those who spiritual battles and are wounded just as much.  Ah, the Christian journey is one that I think is what is laid out from the Lord and like the Prophet Jeremiah, just have to press on with knowing the promises that  the Lord has give us through his word.    Yes indeed, the OP scripture verse describes the believer who strive to live righteous in a world filled with antagonism, much of which is disguised, and thus have to endure what come before him ,with prayer and supplication.  

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

14 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Yes, the tortures and afflictions both in spiritual and physical realm is daunting and wearisome.  Sometimes it even drive you to question your salvation as you see other brothers and sisters whom seem to be getting along just fine.  I know better than that statement, as wounds and battles  fought are sometimes very personal and not many choose to reveal those encounters.    You can sympathize with someone who you know have been physically harmed and afflicted, as the wounds and consequences are there to be seen.  But how can you sympathize with those who spiritual battles and are wounded just as much.  Ah, the Christian journey is one that I think is what is laid out from the Lord and like the Prophet Jeremiah, just have to press on with knowing the promises that  the Lord has give us through his word.    Yes indeed, the OP scripture verse describes the believer who strive to live righteous in a world filled with antagonism, much of which is disguised, and thus have to endure what come before him ,with prayer and supplication.  

Amen

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I've got the joy joy joy joy

Edited by OneLight
YouTube links removed

On 3/24/2017 at 1:12 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

As I can recall as a child, I did not know how much afflictions that did surround us,

LIkewise as a child,   (memories of all through high school and later education also) 

I didn't know of any political problems(corruption),   medical heresy(corruption),  religious factions,  untrustworthy pastors or police ,  corporate fraud (total),  welfare fraud (overwhelming),  religious deception (much more than truth), 

and so on and so on......    i.e. all society's wickednesses and evils all around us....  

Are these some of or specifically the "afflictions" that did surround us you are referring to here in the OP ?