• Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, Giller said:

Like it !!!

Me too!

Sometimes ya just have to step back and become like little children- be that little kid again that  our Lord states we must be like as we come to him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

19 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Me too!

Sometimes ya just have to step back and become like little children- be that little kid again that  our Lord states we must be like as we come to him.

Just visited my own post.And feel should amend or clarify.

It is out of quiet desperation in the face of very hard circumstance, rather than  a glib mindset, that makes me personally sometimes flee to the lift of something so simple as Joy joy joy joy-

It clears the head, gets me back to the more simple thoughts of our security in our Lord, and the absolute joy of it. Even  when it seems as though there is a Tsunami  rolling in, just as I have managed to start drifting across a riptide,- just down river mouth  of a crushing waterfall. And I am running through verses and passages and chapters and books and prayers and thinking and.... Then I hear and sing Joy joy joy joy  and I laugh  with Joy and appreciation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/24/2017 at 9:12 AM, Walter and Deborah said:

As I can recall as a child, I did not know how much afflictions that did surround us, I could not even think until I reached a certain age and found out later of the below scripture.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. Psalm 34:19

many are the afflictions of the righteous just as Christ had many afflictions...  seems to go hand to hand. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/24/2017 at 9:12 AM, Walter and Deborah said:

As I can recall as a child, I did not know how much afflictions that did surround us, I could not even think until I reached a certain age and found out later of the below scripture.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. Psalm 34:19

Ephesians 5:6  "Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience."

Matthew 15:9  "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

John 14:17

"Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."

Ephesians 5:6  "Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience."

Isaiah 41:29  "Behold, they are all vanity;..."

Psalm 41:6  "And if he come to see me, he speaketh vanity: his heart gathereth iniquity to itself;when he goeth abroad, he telleth it."

Matthew 15:9  "But in vain they do .... teach<ing> for doctrines the commandments of men."

Proverbs 14:7  "Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge."

Jeremiah 46:11  "Go up into Gilead, and take balm, O virgin, the daughter of Egypt: in vain shalt thou use many medicines; for thou shalt not be cured."

Edited by delade3