Sign in to follow this  
cherubim

Forgive or pray for God to execute Judgment

26 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

If you'd like to message me and tell me the steps you took, that would be fine.  But don't assume I've not taken any.... please....

No Abby - I don't assume that - I had a strong reaction due to the situation we just had.  What they attempted to push on us was insane. Scripture states: "In a multitude of counselors there is safety.  I don't have all the answers, or I wouldn't be here asking others' opinions.  Sometimes, a person has fought through a situation and may know a strategy that works.  I'll message you.

1 minute ago, cherubim said:

No Abby - I don't assume that - I had a strong reaction due to the situation we just had.  What they attempted to push on us was insane. Scripture states: "In a multitude of counselors there is safety.  I don't have all the answers, or I wouldn't be here asking others' opinions.  Sometimes, a person has fought through a situation and may know a strategy that works.  I'll message you.

Alright. I understand... it's okay...  

19 minutes ago, cherubim said:

I'm unsure what you mean?

i think If i hear the term unsure much more in this I will pull my hair out.

You can either move on with your life or remain angry and bitter. Remaining angry will eat away at you, robbing you of peace and joy. Forgiveness, means you will no longer remain angry or hold a grudge. It does not mean that the person who is abusive is escaping responsibility. It is that you are doing what God told you to do and that is that you let the wrong doer off of your hook...doesn't mean the person is off of God's hook.

13 minutes ago, giggling appy said:

You can either move on with your life or remain angry and bitter. Remaining angry will eat away at you, robbing you of peace and joy. Forgiveness, means you will no longer remain angry or hold a grudge. It does not mean that the person who is abusive is escaping responsibility. It is that you are doing what God told you to do and that is that you let the wrong doer off of your hook...doesn't mean the person is off of God's hook.

Amen Appy!, 

Joh 21:21  Seeing him, Peter said to Jesus, Lord, and what of this one? 
Joh 21:22  Jesus said to him, If I desire that he remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me. 
Joh 21:23  Then this saying went abroad among the brothers, that that disciple should not die. Yet Jesus did not say to him, He shall not die, but, If I desire that he remain until I come, what is that to you? 

Do as we are to do in following Christ, what someone else is going to face is between them and God... we are to do His will and not worry about the rest. ;)

God Bless, 

Hip 

4 hours ago, Hippie333 said:

Amen Appy!, 

Joh 21:21  Seeing him, Peter said to Jesus, Lord, and what of this one? 
Joh 21:22  Jesus said to him, If I desire that he remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me. 
Joh 21:23  Then this saying went abroad among the brothers, that that disciple should not die. Yet Jesus did not say to him, He shall not die, but, If I desire that he remain until I come, what is that to you? 

Do as we are to do in following Christ, what someone else is going to face is between them and God... we are to do His will and not worry about the rest. ;)

God Bless, 

Hip 

I think it comes down to what is our responsibility vs God's.  I don't think it's a cut and dry issue.  Oversimplifying the issue has led to positive harm, since people may be lulled into thinking they never have to take action.  I see that no one really has more insight into this than all the sermons I've read over the years.  It's something I struggle with. All the verses are plain enough, but living it out doesn't seem like it's even for everyone.  I've seen cases where judgment didn't fall on an evil person until someone took action, and other cases where judgment came without anyone acting.   I don't know - I think it's a hard concept.  I've seen people do horrible things and seemingly walk away scot free. In at least 2 cases it was professing believers. What they did was really bad. It reminds me of the verse in Revelations about the saints asking God how long it would be before He avenged their blood.

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

David does come to resolution...

Psalm 73:2-3,12-13,16-18 KJV
[2] But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped. [3] For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. [12] Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches. [13] Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency. [16] When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;

[17] Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end. [18] Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction.

Thank you for the reminder of that verse.  I prayed Psalm 73 numerous times when I saw that wicked apparently triumphed.  I just don't know that it comforted me all that much when the years went by and evildoers continued to prosper.  I guess I'll go back to God again and pray for enlightenment.

1 hour ago, cherubim said:

Thank you for the reminder of that verse.  I prayed Psalm 73 numerous times when I saw that wicked apparently triumphed.  I just don't know that it comforted me all that much when the years went by and evildoers continued to prosper.  I guess I'll go back to God again and pray for enlightenment.

YHWH blessed me specifically* before I was saved to see in SCRIPTURE the evil of man triumphs in the physical world,  they all go on partying and shopping and giving in marriage (every day after another,  nothing changing toward good,  no one looking to YHWH (GOD) ) .....  

and to read the end of the book (REVELATION) all the way through along with the rest of all SCRIPTURE (OT AND NT)...

and see the astonishing wickednesses of society everywhere,  growing worse in our lifetimes, not better,  with the wicked being rewarded and the righteous being punished (just as JESUS was, and HE IS PERFECT ! without sin) ....

YHWH'S SALVATION becomes so much more full and rich and amazing when we see from HIS WORD what HE saves us out of !   All PRAISE and HONOR and GLORY to HIS NAME! HALLELUYAH !

*"specifically" here meaning in this specific way , actually before and after being saved.  The blessings (righteousness, peace and joy, freedom from so much, blamelessness and overcoming)  from just being HIS are of course much greater and not specifically from YHWH to one or another believer but over all to all believers.

16 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

YHWH blessed me specifically* before I was saved to see in SCRIPTURE the evil of man triumphs in the physical world,  they all go on partying and shopping and giving in marriage (every day after another,  nothing changing toward good,  no one looking to YHWH (GOD) ) .....  

and to read the end of the book (REVELATION) all the way through along with the rest of all SCRIPTURE (OT AND NT)...

and see the astonishing wickednesses of society everywhere,  growing worse in our lifetimes, not better,  with the wicked being rewarded and the righteous being punished (just as JESUS was, and HE IS PERFECT ! without sin) ....

YHWH'S SALVATION becomes so much more full and rich and amazing when we see from HIS WORD what HE saves us out of !   All PRAISE and HONOR and GLORY to HIS NAME! HALLELUYAH !

*"specifically" here meaning in this specific way , actually before and after being saved.  The blessings (righteousness, peace and joy, freedom from so much, blamelessness and overcoming)  from just being HIS are of course much greater and not specifically from YHWH to one or another believer but over all to all believers.

The wicked do seem to prosper - and it does hurt when you take pains to do right.  I identify with the book of Habakuk.  I don't know where God is going to lead - but I have sensed Him very close.  Maybe He is getting ready to act.  

Sign in to follow this