Marriage

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

How do you fight for your marriage and be strong when your husband has decided that he wants to be single, because he is struggling with list of the flesh?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

If he is an unbeliever you should let him go and you remarry a committed Christian.    

1Co 7:13  NKJV And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him.

1Co 7:15  But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage (to marriage vows) in such cases. But God has called us to peace.

1Co 7:10  AMP But to the married people I give charge—not I but the Lord—that the wife is not to separate from her husband. 1Co 7:11  But if she does [separate from and divorce him], let her remain single or else be reconciled to her husband. And [I charge] the husband [also] that he should not put away or divorce his wife.  

Guest BacKaran

I'm sorry this happened to you. My experience with a dear friend who went thru three years of drama with the man who wanted to be single with his girlfriend after 30 years of marriage.... Ask for couple counseling with a born again Christian pastor.

That's it, Willa says it right, let him go. Three years or more is not worth your time, health and my friend is still grieving but she does feel better and has a ton of support from here church brothers and sisters.

It's hard, it's shocking but God will bring you through it.

Gbu,

Karan ?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, April Smith said:

How do you fight for your marriage and be strong when your husband has decided that he wants to be single, because he is struggling with list of the flesh?

Pray and continue trusting God and reading HIS WORD.  

Don't even think of remarrying until if ever your husband passes away (and no,  do not be the cause of that).

I've met in person over the decades many women and pastors even who approved of re-marriage , and not one of them could tell right from wrong.   Only if they repented of that approval and corrected it were they restored in God's Grace.

Guest bonnieschamberger

I am so sorry you are going through this....my ex also had an affair the last 3 years of our marriage...he always denied it ....never repented etc and he was an unbeliever.I begged cryed prayed but after 3 years it was simply time to go.I dont want to go into all that except to say God has brought me through my divorce and everything after with flying colors.There is this show Ive been listening to for the past 6 years or so called New life live that comes on everyday at noon on xm family radio....they are christian psychiatrists/therapists etc that take live calls...I feel the kind of help they give is sorely needed....here is the link where you can listen to some of their broadcasts.

http://newlife.com/broadcasts/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

10 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Pray and continue trusting God and reading HIS WORD.  

Don't even think of remarrying until if ever your husband passes away (and no,  do not be the cause of that).

I've met in person over the decades many women and pastors even who approved of re-marriage , and not one of them could tell right from wrong.   Only if they repented of that approval and corrected it were they restored in God's Grace.

If God places someone else in her life that he wants her to marry then she will(IF she divorces him/HOPEFULLY & Prayerfully it can be worked out). I'm guessing your using Deuteronomy 24:1-4. The Pharisees ask Christ about this Matthew 19:3-12(plz keep in mind Im not using this scripture as a point of arguing. I am just stating that Christ spoke on this topic too). This is the 21st its not bible times. We have grace for things of this nature. I have known women who have been remarried and the person that they remarried is the one they spent the rest of their life with (All of these women are christian). Its all really up to God. 

IMO since she is a woman she should be hearing from women. And it's even better for her to get answers from women who have gone through what she has been through or those who have wisdom in marriage that can give her solid and biblical advice. Because only god can make a marriage work.

Simplejeff If you are offended by the above plz forgive me. That's not how I intended for it to come out.

I agree with Willa.

14 hours ago, Willa said:

If he is an unbeliever you should let him go and you remarry a committed Christian.    

1Co 7:13  NKJV And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him.

1Co 7:15  But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage (to marriage vows) in such cases. But God has called us to peace.

1Co 7:10  AMP But to the married people I give charge—not I but the Lord—that the wife is not to separate from her husband. 1Co 7:11  But if she does [separate from and divorce him], let her remain single or else be reconciled to her husband. And [I charge] the husband [also] that he should not put away or divorce his wife.  

Edited by worthy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

22 hours ago, April Smith said:

Seperate yourself and Pray, set boundries on yourself to not blame and shame him, put boundries on him ybyour heart is not a winepress he should be allowed to freely trample. Ask the lord for help WITH communication. Give your marriage to the Lord and let him guide your life with or with out your husband. Be faithful to your husband even though he is not. Mariage is a covenant.  Both sides have vows both sides have responsibilty to protect when one breaks any of the vows they break covenant. Do not break any of your vows but be sure you understand exactly what the vows you made are. Covenant is not only the vow to death do you part. Remember that God hates Divorce. Bur, he gave divorce through Moses. Because the hardness of mens hearts he allowed a way out for the sake of peace. Also remember God divorced Part of Isreal for  breaking his heart with their adulterery. 

Also rember God hates sin. But, he gave us The Lord for peace with us.

Remeber your life is not your own you were bought for a price accept the Lord may lead you through reconciliation and the Lord may take you out of your husbands house and authority. Have peace and trust the Lord through your circumstances you are not in a situation you have much control over.

Ask the Lord to help you walk in love and grace and for his peace.

Put your house in order. When a man puts away his wife God still expects him to make finacial providion. Get all your paperwork together and be ready for a divorce and to go after what the law provides or have an idea of a fair what you think is fair and settle without contesting. If the Lord reconciles you. The time you spent puting your house in order is time well spent and better then spending your time worried, in fear, chasing after a running man. Stand with your armour on and God will make you able to stand. In tribulation and in peace.

Also remember the secret of praise dont study to overwhelm yourself with the conflict of law and the rules for the world in this situation. 

Use your bible study time to reinforce the promises of Gods love for you. Christ faithfulness to you. The blessed assurance to supply peace greater then our circumstance. Go to the Lord for the love and acceptance and security you needing right now. Smile at the Lord and thank him that he will never leave you of forsake you. Let Him fill you with his goodness. Take your thoughts captive and let Him lift you up.

Edited by Reinitin
Did say what i was trying to comunicate.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

19 hours ago, April Smith said:

And btw April i put you on my prayer list. I know this must be hurting you so deeply. My heart goes out FOR you to ask The Lord  for protection of your heart and healing and strength and wisdom.