• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,193
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, angels4u said:

lol ,I  love blue cheese :)

Costco here in Montreal in the province of Quebec Canada, sells a wonderfully delicious blue cheese called:Castello Blue Cheese -traditional-

Yum! :)

• Group:  Royal Member

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Yikes!   Who in their right mind eats that?

The correct name  for that cheese is: Casu marzu  (Sardinian pronunciation: [ˈkazu ˈmard͡zu], also called casu modde casu cundídu

and casu fràzigu in Sardinian language, or in Italian formaggio marcio), literally translating into English as "rotten/putrid cheese", is a traditional Sardinian sheep milk cheese, notable for containing live insect larvae  

Although found in the island of Sardinia, a variety of this cheese is also found in the nearby Corsica, where it goes by the name of casgiu merzu.[1]

Derived from Pecorino, casu marzu goes above and beyond typical fermentation to a stage of decomposition, brought about by the digestive action of the larvae of the cheese fly Piophila casei. These larvae are deliberately introduced to the cheese, promoting an advanced level of fermentation and breaking down of the cheese's fats. The texture of the cheese becomes very soft, with some liquid (called lagrima, Sardinian for "tears") seeping out. The larvae themselves appear as translucent white worms, about 8 mm (0.3 in) long.[2]

When disturbed, the larvae can launch themselves for distances up to 15 cm (6 in). Some people clear the larvae from the cheese before consuming while others do not.

The cheese, along with one of its Sardinian makers, Giovanni Gabbas, received attention on the US TV program Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. Zimmern described the taste of the cheese as "so ammoniated" that "it scorches your tongue a bit." The cheese is known to leave an aftertaste for a duration of up to several hours.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu

Similar milk cheeses notable for containing living insect larvae are produced in several Italian regions and in Corsica, France.[15][16][17]

Several other regional varieties of cheese with fly larvae are produced in Europe. For example, goat-milk cheese is left to the open air until P. casei eggs are naturally laid in the cheese.[5] Then it is aged in white wine, with grapes and honey, preventing the larvae from emerging, giving the cheese a strong flavour. In addition, other regions in Europe have traditional cheeses that rely on live arthropods for ageing and flavouring, such as the German Milbenkäse and French Mimolette, both of which rely on cheese mites.

Edited by 1to3

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, 1to3 said:

The correct name  for that cheese is: Casu marzu  (Sardinian pronunciation: [ˈkazu ˈmard͡zu], also called casu modde casu cundídu

and casu fràzigu in Sardinian language, or in Italian formaggio marcio), literally translating into English as "rotten/putrid cheese", is a traditional Sardinian sheep milk cheese, notable for containing live insect larvae  

Although found in the island of Sardinia, a variety of this cheese is also found in the nearby Corsica, where it goes by the name of casgiu merzu.[1]

Derived from Pecorino, casu marzu goes above and beyond typical fermentation to a stage of decomposition, brought about by the digestive action of the larvae of the cheese fly Piophila casei. These larvae are deliberately introduced to the cheese, promoting an advanced level of fermentation and breaking down of the cheese's fats. The texture of the cheese becomes very soft, with some liquid (called lagrima, Sardinian for "tears") seeping out. The larvae themselves appear as translucent white worms, about 8 mm (0.3 in) long.[2]

When disturbed, the larvae can launch themselves for distances up to 15 cm (6 in). Some people clear the larvae from the cheese before consuming while others do not.

The cheese, along with one of its Sardinian makers, Giovanni Gabbas, received attention on the US TV program Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. Zimmern described the taste of the cheese as "so ammoniated" that "it scorches your tongue a bit." The cheese is known to leave an aftertaste for a duration of up to several hours.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu

Still gross.

Guest shiloh357
24 minutes ago, angels4u said:

lol ,I  love blue cheese :)

I think we need to have a prayer service for you in chat.   :P

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

The cheese egg, I don't see what the issue is...it's just cheese, regardless of what shape its in, it still tastes the same.

The maggot cheese, on the other hand is a different story. Oh, dont get me wrong I'd try it-but only on a dare, and only if there was money involved (as in going into my pocket)

Perhaps not a bad cheese to bring unto the battlefield. Have a little snack in the trenches and use the maggots to clean up the wounds . : -/

10 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

The cheese egg, I don't see what the issue is...it's just cheese

I think they said it was "vegetarian" so it may not even be made with any kind of dairy.

Thinking a little further... "vegetarian' is not "vegan" so yes it may be made from some kind of milk.

Edited by 1to3

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

27 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I think we need to have a prayer service for you in chat.   :P

lol, you  pray and you might become a believer :) in blue cheese..

"Yummy" :)

smorrebrodbacon-5e5ba8f3a9a28f75140c5eeabb325516de5e62a5-s300-c85.jpg

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, angels4u said:

lol, you  pray and you might become a believer :) in blue cheese..

"Yummy" :)

smorrebrodbacon-5e5ba8f3a9a28f75140c5eeabb325516de5e62a5-s300-c85.jpg

:24:

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

56 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Costco here in Montreal in the province of Quebec Canada, sells a wonderfully delicious blue cheese called:Castello Blue Cheese -traditional-

Yum! :)

Well1to3,they probably have in in Moncton and Halifax too :)  "Yummy" :)

I love Castello Blue cheese ..