• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

17 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Ah yes!!   "Cheese Whiz"  as we call it in the states.  :)  I have never had that on a sandwich, but on crackers.

Gee whiz, I can't get my head around Cheese whizz.

Why, oh why, would someone come up with canned cheese??

:52_52:

This is what I think of.....fake cheese!

images.jpg

Edited by HisFirst

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, HisFirst said:

Gee whiz, I can't get my head around Cheese whizz.

Why, oh why, would someone come up with canned cheese??

:52_52:

This is what I think of.....fake cheese!

images.jpg

Yes, it is  completely fake cheese, LOL.   But that's American processed food for you:   Artificial flavors, artificial colors, , too much fat, too much salt, too many calories, no vitamins, no minerals, causes cancer.  But it tastes great on a cracker.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

11 hours ago, 1to3 said:

The correct name  for that cheese is: Casu marzu  (Sardinian pronunciation: [ˈkazu ˈmard͡zu], also called casu modde casu cundídu

and casu fràzigu in Sardinian language, or in Italian formaggio marcio), literally translating into English as "rotten/putrid cheese", is a traditional Sardinian sheep milk cheese, notable for containing live insect larvae  

Although found in the island of Sardinia, a variety of this cheese is also found in the nearby Corsica, where it goes by the name of casgiu merzu.[1]

Derived from Pecorino, casu marzu goes above and beyond typical fermentation to a stage of decomposition, brought about by the digestive action of the larvae of the cheese fly Piophila casei. These larvae are deliberately introduced to the cheese, promoting an advanced level of fermentation and breaking down of the cheese's fats. The texture of the cheese becomes very soft, with some liquid (called lagrima, Sardinian for "tears") seeping out. The larvae themselves appear as translucent white worms, about 8 mm (0.3 in) long.[2]

When disturbed, the larvae can launch themselves for distances up to 15 cm (6 in). Some people clear the larvae from the cheese before consuming while others do not.

The cheese, along with one of its Sardinian makers, Giovanni Gabbas, received attention on the US TV program Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. Zimmern described the taste of the cheese as "so ammoniated" that "it scorches your tongue a bit." The cheese is known to leave an aftertaste for a duration of up to several hours.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu

Similar milk cheeses notable for containing living insect larvae are produced in several Italian regions and in Corsica, France.[15][16][17]

Several other regional varieties of cheese with fly larvae are produced in Europe. For example, goat-milk cheese is left to the open air until P. casei eggs are naturally laid in the cheese.[5] Then it is aged in white wine, with grapes and honey, preventing the larvae from emerging, giving the cheese a strong flavour. In addition, other regions in Europe have traditional cheeses that rely on live arthropods for ageing and flavouring, such as the German Milbenkäse and French Mimolette, both of which rely on cheese mites.

That did not make it sound the least bit more appealing!

12 minutes ago, Logan said:

That did not make it sound the least bit more appealing!

Lol!! That's harsh Logan ;):)(I tried to delete that first face because I meant the smiley  but I can't for some reason)

Edited by HisFirst

21 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, it is  completely fake cheese, LOL.   But that's American processed food for you:   Artificial flavors, artificial colors, , too much fat, too much salt, too many calories, no vitamins, no minerals, causes cancer.  But it tastes great on a cracker.

Canned whip cream, now that I like!!

You know you can get canned tea now - those mad British:cool:

Guest shiloh357
30 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Canned whip cream, now that I like!!

You know you can get canned tea now - those mad British:cool:

Canned tea??   Does it come in a can like Cheese whiz and you spray it in your cup?   LOL

40 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Canned tea??   Does it come in a can like Cheese whiz and you spray it in your cup?   LOL

'tis true!!

images.jpg

Edited by HisFirst

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

'tis true!!

images.jpg

I don't think the Queen would take to that very well. Can't see see that showing up at Buckingham Palace.

images.jpg