nudgee

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I've heard that the bible has answers to all our questions, if this is true why does it raise so much debate and apologetic discussion?  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

The bible has all the answer we need to become right before God, but it does not have all the answers to every question we come up with.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Seems you have stated the perfect response OneLight!

Might I add the effect of that statement heard - that the Bible has all the answers to all our situations?

I was an atheist, heard that statement on a tv  production, from  one  of the puffy haired ones  stating that  if we ask  for the answer to our problems, whatever they are, we could hold the Bible on edge, let it fall open and then blindly place a finger on the opened pages and find our answer.

To prove that absurd to my new Christian relative then working  on hotel room renovations with me I grabbed the Gideon from the room and went though that process. It opened to end of Chapter 11 and beginning of 12 Book of Job. I did that in three rooms  each Bible happened to open  in the same place, all being brand new and never before opened would be my quess.

So I read chapter 12, nothing, I read chapter 11 then curious I read all of Job. Next thing I knew the turmoil I had been living became familiar in a new sense. I went through a series of awakening incidences and found myself sitting alone and saying aloud to the statement of the tv preacher on my tv at that moment; that Jesus is my lord and my savior. To which I said, "If that is true, I want it." And my life changed in a flash. I was born again. 

Though I am even this day in prayer, loaded with issues that trouble, and have turmoil, I also have the answer to all  things facing me. That being the reveal of Jesus to me by the Holy Spirit. The Bible being what has been termed the Red Thread of Redemption does have all the answers- Jesus is the answer, His gospel is the Truth, He is the way and it is life eternal with God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God say's this

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)

[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The last "throughly furnished unto all good works." I believe covers literally everything pertaining to life and Godliness ... so yes it covers everything that is worth keeping!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

10 hours ago, nudgee said:

I've heard that the bible has answers to all our questions, if this is true why does it raise so much debate and apologetic discussion?  

Bible has all answers w.r.t our relationship with God. It also has many other "bonus features" :) Which are not necessary for our salvation, but enriches our spiritual wisdom. Debates and Apologetics are needed because answer is not there. Because people reject the answer. And we have so many denominations because people like to disagree on the bonus information.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

11 hours ago, nudgee said:

YHWH created all things simple (and true).  Man came up (comes up) with many devices (leading astray, instead of truth, etc) . ....   

YHWH promises,  HIS WORD,  unchanged and unchanging,  whoever seeks HIM, HIS KINGDOM, and keeps seeking, will find HIM, and the TRUTH will set them free.    (not man's ideas,  but YHWH'S TRUTH)

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, nudgee said:

Of course it doesn't have all of the answers to all of our questions.  If it did, the Bible would be so big that it would have to be carried around in a wheelbarrow! :laugh:

• We don't know what happened to Joseph, Jesus' earthly father.
  • It doesn't tell us how to cure cancer.
  • And the Bible doesn't explain the plate tectonics that we know happened because of the Great Flood.

Why does it raise so much debate and apologetic discussion?

• Because people like to "fit" the Bible into their already preconceived doctrines of salvation, life, death, the universe, and more.  It should be vice-versa.  If Peter and Paul could not agree on the fine points of salvation and sanctification and the Christian walk - and they could not - it's no surprise that the rest of humanity can't either.
  • Because people don't KNOW WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS.  They cherry-pick isolated passages to support their positions and most have not read the Bible from beginning to end - thinking that the few passages they have read make them experts in God's Word. 
  • Ignorance of the Bible is rampant in churches.
  • People will spend HOURS on Bible message boards to "correct" someone else and will not spend 10 minutes feasting on the Word of God that they claim to defend.  It's absurd and the devil is laughing the hardest.

On 3/27/2017 at 6:36 AM, OneLight said:

The bible has all the answer we need to become right before God, but it does not have all the answers to every question we come up with.

If this is true then there should be no contention regarding beliefs among the believers of Jesus.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Yes.

5 hours ago, ravindran said:

Bible has all answers w.r.t our relationship with God. It also has many other "bonus features" :) Which are not necessary for our salvation, but enriches our spiritual wisdom. Debates and Apologetics are needed because answer is not there. Because people reject the answer. And we have so many denominations because people like to disagree on the bonus information.

I have read many threads on Christian forums that debate about the non bonus information. There are so many different points of view about the doctrines of Christianity,  it's hard to tell what is sound.