delade3

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

As a born-again Christian, I understand this to be "In Jesus" and "Not in Jesus". Basically, Christ is the fulfillment of the law, and by not being in Christ, calamity falls upon me.

The word seems to be telling me...I dont think I have truly accepted Jesus Christ. Either that, or I did accept him, but for some reason, my heart never changed. How should I understand these verses?

-------------------------------------------

Basically all that The Old Testament is doing is asking you to Love The Lord your God. 

Edited by delade3

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, delade3 said:

As a born-again Christian, I understand this to be "In Jesus" and "Not in Jesus". Basically, Christ is the fulfillment of the law, and by not being in Christ, calamity falls upon me.

The word seems to be telling me...I dont think I have truly accepted Jesus Christ. Either that, or I did accept him, but for some reason, my heart never changed. How should I understand these verses?

Basically all that The Old Testament is doing is asking you to Love The Lord your God. 

The first thing to understand is that you are citing passages that were given, not to individual people, but to a nation, namely to Israel, not the Church.   One huge hermeneutic mistake is apply what was given only to Israel and try to obligate the Church to what only applied directly to ancient Israel.    Israel is not the Church and the Church is not Israel.   If you want to understand being born again, then you need to search out the words of Jesus on the matter. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, delade3 said:

What do you think accepting Jesus Christ means to you? What do you think one must do to be saved?